Sponsored

What do you think of louvers

MustBullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I was driving to work one day and saw a Mustang GT with rear louvers and they looked amazing. I immediately went to American Muscle and purchased the "MMD ABS Rear Window Louvers".

I really like the look of my 2019 Ecoboost Fastback and I was actually on the fence after installing the louvers on whether or not I liked them. After a few days and a few more compliments than usual, I really started to like them.

I think they look great and are a great way to differentiate yourself from the rest of the pack. I've gotten more compliments after installing than I did previously.

It will be difficult to keep your rear window clean with the louvers on. I wash my car once a week and remove the louvers probably twice a month in order to properly clean the rear window.

IMG_0214.JPG
IMG_9139.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Personally I feel like they have no purpose and hurt rear visibility for no reason. But they can look cool from the outside.

You do you though, phuck the haters.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
With a fastback, louvers look great. I have always been a fan of the aluminum louvers, but not plastic. I have MRTs on my 2013 and love them. I was getting ready to install MRTs on my 2019, but just as I went to order them, they discontinued them. I finally had to order the generic ones made under several names. With the slope of the S550 glass, you either put heavy tint to stop heat issues, or you put on louvers. Heavy tint ruins night vision out the rear and starts to bubble after a few years. Louvers prevents those issues, but if not hinged like the MRTs, can be difficult to clean the glass alone.
If your tint is bubbling after a few years you should find a different place to have it done at. The place I get mine done at gives a lifetime warranty but I've also had a car for over 10 years sitting outside every day and not a single bubble on it. Seems like the place you are going isn't using quality tint to begin with and doesn't offer a lifetime warranty either

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
When I seen the MMD one I new it would be a conversation starter no other mustang in my area has one,everywhere I go the louver is part of the conversation. Love mine.
20180630_233820.jpg

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Louvers can add some style American Muscle have several listed
389269?wid=810&hei=608&sharpen=1.jpg

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I like them on the S197 because of it looking retro. With the more modern looks of the S550, I'd rather have something less ordinary looking. I have 5% tint on the back so it isn't something that really interests me very much.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Not my cuppa tea, and don't really see the point.
Alas, this is YOUR car. Maybe rest it on the glass, and see how/what it looks like, before fixing them on permanently...

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Not a fan, personally... but make it yours, man. I don’t like RTR grilles (w/lights) either, and I seem to be the ONLY one. If you like them, go for it.
Well said. I’m not a fan either but hey, it’s your car and you do what you like and what makes you enjoy it even more.

Even the guys who have those Ferrari looking circle taillights...you do you, fellas.

Jallen3521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Premium, 15 Explorer Sport, 08 F250 PSD, and more that aren’t Fords
I like the way they look. I'd get them for my car but the wife hates them.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Debated doing just the rear Louvers. Not a fan of the sides. Decided just to get glass tinted. The shop that tinted my windows came with a lifetime warranty card and will replace for free if bubbling occurs. Cost me $250

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Well said. I’m not a fan either but hey, it’s your car and you do what you like and what makes you enjoy it even more.

Even the guys who have those Ferrari looking circle taillights...you do you, fellas.
I agree. Not my thing personally but everyone can do whatever they wish with their car. Its their's to enjoy!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Those are Ford GT style, not Ferrari

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Was thinking of getting a set for my rear windshield just wanted so feedback from you guys
They looked ok on the S197 Mustangs,which looked like the REAL original Mustang,but they make the S550 like more of a wanna be Mustang !

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
They looked ok on the S197 Mustangs,which looked like the REAL original Mustang,but they make the S550 like more of a wanna be Mustang !
The 550 is the best looking modern Mustang. The rear is just gorgeous not even close with the S197. I love the BOSS but that rear end needs a paper bag.
Sponsored