What do you think of louvers

Mattneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Was thinking of getting a set for my rear windshield just wanted so feedback from you guys
Sponsored

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
The sleek SpeedForm ones made from aluminum look good. The plastic ones from MMD and MP look really cheap/cheesy, imo.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of relatively expensive (MMD?) "plastic" louvers on my '13 black coupe. They did the job I hoped they would do: Shade the back seat so my little doggy wouldn't roast in the sun during our road trips. They did nothing to detract from the appeareance—added an element of balance, actually— and didn't look cheap/cheesy unless you got your nose right up against them.

MonoLakeOverlook.jpg

The current (yellow) car has another set; all the same comments apply, except that I got the least expensive ones I could find (Ikon motorsports?).

YellowCarTerlinguaStringAndLouvers.jpg

Last edited:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I think the s550's look good with the rear louver treatment but not sides. I hope to get the mmd from AM eventually. .

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
With a fastback, louvers look great. I have always been a fan of the aluminum louvers, but not plastic. I have MRTs on my 2013 and love them. I was getting ready to install MRTs on my 2019, but just as I went to order them, they discontinued them. I finally had to order the generic ones made under several names. With the slope of the S550 glass, you either put heavy tint to stop heat issues, or you put on louvers. Heavy tint ruins night vision out the rear and starts to bubble after a few years. Louvers prevents those issues, but if not hinged like the MRTs, can be difficult to clean the glass alone.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not a fan at all of any non-functional 'vents' or scoops or things like that, and louvers fall into that same mix.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
OP it’s your car. If you like the louvers. That’s all that matters.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I like the concept and well made ones look good but the idea of not being able to clean under them keeps me from going there.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I like the way they look on our cars....but they are truly a cleaning nightmare, and add time to your detailing, you have to remove them to really get the back glass clean. For that one simple reason, I won't be adding them to mine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I like the way they look on our cars....but the are a cleaning nightmare, and add time to your detailing, you have to remove them to really get the back glass clean. For that one simple reason, I won't be adding them to mine.
They would have to be hinged to work given the dusty southwest environment.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Agree with the hinge comments. Used to have some on my mach1 that were aluminum. Plastic just doesn't seem right IMO.

liv2roc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt/cs ,2004 Mustang Mach1, 1984 mustang gt 350
I have the aluminum ones on my 84 gt and 04 mach 1, I want some on my 17 but they cost too much.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not a fan at all of any non-functional 'vents' or scoops or things like that, and louvers fall into that same mix.
Totally agree with non-functional side and hood scoops, but the louvres are functional, they're not aero, they're to keep the interior cooler (I had them years and years ago on a Daytona, and without them, here in FL, it made a notable difference).
Sponsored