Sponsored

What do you miss not having in the Mustang?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wanna like this twice!!!!

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Missing oil temp sensor with factory gauge, also missing coolant temp sensor with factory gauge,
Both of those are available in the custom dash setup on the Premium, if yours is that.

Mustang50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Simple manual seat adjustment. The slow electric adjustment is a pain in the a** (and it doesn’t even have a seat memory on my 2016 ecoboost).
Oh, ragmopinkona has reminded me - a spare tyre……..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Make the Tremec manual tranny optional choice for purchase on all base GT mustangs that now only come with the marginal China made Getrag.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Major: a clutch that doesn't disengage cruise. My 2013 Cadillac manual could be shifted without having to re-engage cruise. Suspect even older ones did. Having to reengage ACC after shifting when traffic speeds vary more than a single gear range is stone age (Fred F. confirms).

Minor: (1) front camera, (2) seat/mirror setting buttons that work while moving. Ford creates safety issue trying to prevent another. On rare occasions, I'll lower driver side mirror to park close to a curving curb. If I drive off without resetting the mirror, I have none or have to focus on it in traffic while manually adjusting it or come to a full stop in a freeway middle lane in rush hour. Make the buttons work while moving. I promise I won't push the wrong one and Darnell myself.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Adjustable lumbar support. It was fully manual in my 1996 Nissan, and since then I haven't had a seat that measures up to that.

A prismatic mirror. This "auto-dimming" thing isn't worth a shit. I don't know what causes it to dim, but it's not an SUV shining xenon headlights on my mirrors. On the occasions that it dims, it just tints the image a little bit green, when I'm used to a prismatic mirror cutting the brightness to 1/10th or something.

A much smaller RPM drop between 3rd and 4th gears. Ford gave us a fairly silly big-ass gap for the 2018+ GT.

CD player. I've figured out how to hook up a USB full of music and get it to play files in an order I want but I can't change folders once I'm on the road. Where my Nissan or my Evo's CD players would get done with a folder and move on to the next one, my Mustang's stereo will just go back to the first file in the folder. That's a software thing that Ford could fix...

Hydraulic power assist. I mean, I don't miss it in the sense that I have hydraulic steering assist in my old cars. That also means I'm paying property tax and insurance on a 240SX an Evo and a 2020 Mustang, because the 2020 car's steering feel is deficient.

Faster steering ratio. Feels pretty sluggish in parking, or on a twisty road.

Spare tire. I've seen photos of what happens when you use the emergency compressor and its foam canister. 🤢

Last edited:

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
1- A decent sound systm. I have the Shaker Pro in my GT and the rear speakers are barely noticeable.
2- A heads-Up display. My 94 Bonnevile had one

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I would like to have the numeric keypad entry if they conceal it like on my wife's edge. But I agree with others not liking/needing all the nannies and such.
That is a feature I had on my F150 that I do miss on the Mustang. It would be nice if it could be added somehow and not look like crap. Very nice feature.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I like just grabbing the handle and the door unlocking.
That is true. There are times I don't have the keys with me where the number pad is handy. It is a rare occurrence so not a huge deal.
Sponsored