Sponsored

What do you guys do and how much do you earn?

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I work at Walt Disney World. And, not enough.

But I do get to go to the happiest place on earth 5 days a week.
Mickey-mickey-mouse-8525991-273-376 (1).gif
Sponsored

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I could've sworn there was a job thread already, but I can't find it.
There is. I thought about saying something about that but I thought the OP's specific question was different enough to not bother. Although the threads should probably be merged.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
There is. I thought about saying something about that but I thought the OP's specific question was different enough to not bother. Although the threads should probably be merged.
:clap2:

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
33, Information Security - looks like a lot of people making good money here in IT

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
40. Chemical plant shift supervisor. Rather not put my salary, but I do well considering no college degree (actually would be considered doing well even with a degree, experience and real knowledge is still valued greater than school in some trades)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
You know, I kinda thought that job paid more. Go figure. ;)
it used to, but with modern technology and improved knowledge on proper fuel, rockets are leading much healthier lives hence the reduction in demand for Rocket Surgery. [emoji2]

I think that the original question is slightly off of what it should be, income is important but today with everyone signing up for services that cost monthly (cell phones, internet, tv, security systems), and also with different liabilities the pure income is not as important. I am an electrical engineer and make > 100k but with mortgage, two kids and wife that live off that income the car part of that is much lower! I would say that decision of what part of your income is reasonable depends on many factors including how long you intend to keep the car.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
IT, 70K + comp package (~120K). I didn't get a GT. i went with EB.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Medical sales. Average 80k per year. 25 in October.

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This reminds me of a conversation I had with a coworker at a company that I worked for 10 years ago. He came into the office one day and was talking about what cars he see's in peoples driveways. He wished there was a sign that out front that said what they did for a living.

Lets just say that it's variable and over $100k. I am a Pre-sales IT architect for a very well known technology company. The money for the stang will come from my share of the sale of my parents house in Florida. So that has to happen before I can pull the trigger. The '08 Odyssey is paid for and my car is a company fleet car, the only restraint to buying a '15 Stang is garage space. I have a 2 car garage and that baby is NOT spending the winter outside. When the snow flies, any day now, there will be 6 foot snowbanks in my yard so I need to find a winter stable for the pony.

Anyway, being that I turn 50 in November, and no current car payments or debt, (other than mortgage), I have always wanted a Mustang since we both turn 50 this year. I would love to have it built on my birthday. That would be cool!

I started out wanting a '68 fastback but the wife wants something modern and up to date.. 'safer", and since we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of damn poor sledding, we compromised on a convertible. Happy Wife, happy life.

I am patiently waiting for my dealer to get their Guard ecoboost with saddle interior so I can confirm what I want in a convertible. Oh, and I want the performance package because I like the look of the dual gauges on the dash. That should have been standard. The triple vents look awkward to me. Of course that means ecoboost but i wont be tearing it up on the track. I will leave that to the younger pony crowd :)

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
Logistics executive at a very large brokerage firm. starting at 40k, than 80, then 120 within 3 years based on my contract. But no other bills besides some small credit cards.

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
IT and I make less than 10% more than you do. I ordered an EcoBoost Premium w/ PP (which will cost me approx $36k after tax/title/etc) but I have a low cost of living due to foreclosed condo that I bought and will be selling soon at a pretty big profit, so that'll subsidize payments and possibly higher living expenses depending on where I end up. Honestly if you can make the payments and have enough saved up without bills losing you money too fast, you should be okay. You have a lot more saved up than I do, granted I just graduated college 2 years ago and I'm starting grad school in January :p

Codog23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
interesting thread....hearing about all the different jobs and what they pay across the country. Curious how much this group thinks you need to earn a year to be considered rich. I'm sure there are many different views given we are all from different parts of the country.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
interesting thread....hearing about all the different jobs and what they pay across the country. Curious how much this group thinks you need to earn a year to be considered rich. I'm sure there are many different views given we are all from different parts of the country.
My idea of rich varies by state/region.

I'd say 100-150k is the entry point for being "rich"; $150k in high cost areas like NY and CA, $100k for most everything else between them. I imagine that $100k in the Midwest means a lot more.
Sponsored