FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My pop owned a janitorial and carpet cleaning business in the 80s and 90s... bought my mother many homes and corvettes.

He did extremely well. Nothing wrong with that profession at all.
I didn’t mean it negatively, a lot of younger people now have no desire to clean. He’s tried to recruit people to help for me and they always last like 2 days or just doesn’t want to clean and I fire them.

I do have one guy who’s 24 and we work well together. We maintain a 14 story building once it was cleaned thoroughly, maintaining it is cake.

my gf and I we’ve gone to dinner her friends from work and I kid you not, one of the husbands asked what I did I said cleaning, he said that’s cool. The wife of him said what? You’re a janitor?

All rude and crap. I don’t know it’s looked down upon cleaning.- now let me tell you this. How the hell are people so damn dirty!!?!? BRB go into a spotless restroom and one person uses it and toilet paper thrown all over floors, water all over floors, toilet seat covers the paper ones torn to shreds and stuck to walls. Or better yet, I’ve had people legit crap on the walls and all over floors.

Blows my mind, makes me so angry sometimes. It has to be intentional. But hey, job security I guess. Can’t find someone to replace me, for very long.

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
Sales manager for a Semi Truck dealership for the last 22 years. Before that owned a few small motorsports parts and accessories stores.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I breed show guinea pigs and do hand modeling on the side. That's what I tell people on a plane if I just don't feel like talking. But seriously, I have no marketable skills so after spending the first 14 years in the workforce getting yelled at for other people's cars breaking down (service advisor at a new car dealer) I've spent the last 17 in federal law enforcement hoping that suspicious packages and people don't blow up in my face.
I basically try to put aside the cash for stuff but when something pops up I am glad to have affirm and paypal credit too.
I was reading through this small thread to see if I saw anyone doing what I do currently or if they used to.

Service advisor here in northern MN and not really working where I want to right now specifcally as far as manufacturer (Subaru) but most of the time the customers are pretty decent here and there are an insane amount of them being from the upper midwest where we see a ton of snow on the north shore.

My buddy really wants me to move to Nashville where he is but man, housing is insanely expensive there compared to here and I'm a single income person right now with 2 new cars and my house so that's a no go for the time being.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I didn’t mean it negatively, a lot of younger people now have no desire to clean. He’s tried to recruit people to help for me and they always last like 2 days or just doesn’t want to clean and I fire them.

I do have one guy who’s 24 and we work well together. We maintain a 14 story building once it was cleaned thoroughly, maintaining it is cake.

my gf and I we’ve gone to dinner her friends from work and I kid you not, one of the husbands asked what I did I said cleaning, he said that’s cool. The wife of him said what? You’re a janitor?

All rude and crap. I don’t know it’s looked down upon cleaning.- now let me tell you this. How the hell are people so damn dirty!!?!? BRB go into a spotless restroom and one person uses it and toilet paper thrown all over floors, water all over floors, toilet seat covers the paper ones torn to shreds and stuck to walls. Or better yet, I’ve had people legit crap on the walls and all over floors.

Blows my mind, makes me so angry sometimes. It has to be intentional. But hey, job security I guess. Can’t find someone to replace me, for very long.
In the old days, mainframe operating system changes were done at night and I had to be onsite. The cleaning staff were often the only people there. I was grateful for the company and they were a lot more interesting to talk to than most other IT geeks.

tjones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tim
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang 2020 F150 2017 F150 22 Bronco S
I’m always reading about how many of you are installing upgrades and boosting or own multiple mustangs.

What do y’all do for a living?

I have a 2018 GT but buying an $8k supercharger is a lot of money for me! How do y’all afford all these fun upgrades?
I’m a Ford Parts Mgr , been in the business since 1988.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I baby sit adults. That's the simplest description.

I work as a consultant/manager in large scale commercial design/construction.
I laugh because i too, am in commercial design/construction... it really is adult baby sitting and the Office Space reference is ironic and sad. Because that movie isn't just meant to be funny, it's real life 🤦‍♂️
Also, OP, my supercharger was only $6000 buy yourself an ESS, put it on yourself and save a ton of money in the process. But know that it's going to add ancillary costs via other upgrades to keep up with the power. Also what the one guy said about budgeting ABs spreadsheets. It's way more about what you spend. I also work 60 hours a week, which i know isn't a ton compared to some but it's way more than almost all of my colleagues.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Mechanical engineer and corporate machine shop supervisor.

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Train engineer here

Sometimes I dabble with the idea of doing the supercharger thing, but the perfectionist in me wants to do a built shortblock first just so I don't have to worry about it which pretty much doubles the cost....
Either way, don't feel bad about not having endless money to spend on fun stuff. Simply having one of these cars at all is an achievement, even if they're "affordable". For probably 90% of earth's inhabitants, they sure aren't lol
I'd say if Ford is willing to install and warranty supercharger kits at the dealership, they are at least fairly confident in the engine's ability to handle the boost (within reason of course). Especially the PD blower which loads up the bottom end of your motor (bearings, main caps, rods etc.) more than any other forced induction method. a stock Coyote will handle 10 psi a very long time with a good tune and fuel.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Investment Counselor CFP
Doing this for 30+ years.
Honestly hate my job and I don’t identify with it although it pays very good.

Wraithracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Spent 25 years in construction industry. Most in commercial, but got burned out after the 2008/09 crash. Was finally able and willing to start my own business (health care) in 2020. Opened the doors 2 weeks before Covid hit big. :crying: Survived and doing well know. 3 daughters with 2 out of college and on their own. Last one moved into the dorm this year and should be done with college in 2 years. So finally able to spend some $$ on my toys after 30+ years of scrapping by. Wife just changed careers to Financial Advisor. She's not making the big $$ yet as she is still on her "rookie" deal, but making more than she ever did in the non-profit world she worked in for 10+ years.