Sponsored

What do y’all do for a living?

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Retired 2.5 years now.

For 20 yrs before that was the engineering tech (manager) for a small (100) contract mfg. Custom tube bending. Think handles on city buses, subway cars. Quoting, ordering tooling, etc. Many hats.

Before that for 20 yrs was a machinist and blue-collar worker for small to large companies. Really liked all my jobs in mfg. Some more that others!!

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Just exited my 20s and am in upper management with a popular company people people probably see consistently.

Went to school for computer engineering then switched to economics. The econ allowed me to move up pretty quickly in this 10 year run so far.

The biggest win is knowing finance. Paid off student loans aggressively, budgeted and bought a house at 25, and hadn't had a car payment until the mustang. Only had payments for the car because the APR was lower than my savings account APY so I make more in interest in my savings account than accruing on the loan.

If you are young, don't sleep on retirement. It isn't about how much money you make really, but rather how well you can save. Max out the 401k, IRA, and anything else you can toss at the market and tell yourself you'll make those fun purchases when you hit specific milestones!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Union steelworker with 24 years on the job. Wife is a case manager for the YWCA, she only makes around 45K, I make 6 figures before the overtime and I have 750 hrs of OT so far this year

MrDude_1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP convertible
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.
So you're one of those software desk jockies at a money losing startup. How's the catered lunch?

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

have you seen Milton's stapler?
btw, those TPS reports are due.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I am in IT (Data Scientist) 😅 🤓🚗

Sponsored

KilgoreLSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1, Ford Transit 250 Ecoboost, BMW X5
Self-employed… Sales
2 income house

Find good, honest work, that you enjoy. Build long term good will. You will find a path that pays you well. Be good at whatever you do and build new skill sets. The more you can do, the more you are worth.

Stay away from unscrupulous jerks that underpay, treat clients wrong, and steal.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Janitor 35 an hour lol cleaning offices.
Summer gigs, insulation.
Part time job. Crocs shoe warehouse.

not the most glorious jobs, but it pays my bills. I actually don't mind these jobs. kinda fun, kinda sucks. typical

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Realtor