Sponsored

What do we (6 speed GTs) lose too, stock for stock?

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Have you seen a dyno sheet showing 370WHP? No way you can get there without some sort of turbo upgrade, whether it be a hybrid IS20 or a bigger one. Stock turbo maxes out somewhere around 320-340WHP which still sounds about right if he's at your door the whole time.
Can't data logging track that?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Can't data logging track that?
Nope, data logging can give you an idea of where you're at but only a dyno can actually tell you what power you're making. I've yet to see a stock turbo car make what he's claiming or even close, it just doesn't have the flow to do it. Golf R is a different story though.

If you want to really piss off your friend, buy new injectors and do an E85 tune. You'll dominate him.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, data logging can give you an idea of where you're at but only a dyno can actually tell you what power you're making. I've yet to see a stock turbo car make what he's claiming or even close, it just doesn't have the flow to do it. Golf R is a different story though.

If you want to really piss off your friend, buy new injectors and do an E85 tune. You'll dominate him.
I am so tempted to do E85. My primary concern is reliability and then actually finding liquid corn...

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I wouldnt worry about reliability on corn. I've been tuned for 30k miles with no issues. Just use a good tuner. Peak power is definitely better than stock but the timing down low is what really wakes the mt82 cars up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnt worry about reliability on corn. I've been tuned for 30k miles with no issues. Just use a good tuner. Peak power is definitely better than stock but the timing down low is what really wakes the mt82 cars up.
That's what I like! I mean, the responsiveness of these GTs are fair. But I used to daily a full bolt on 2012 Civic Si that was tuned. Made it more responsive and punchy. For keeping cara stock, perhaps I should have gone with the ecoboost since it is more punchy than the GT in mid power, which is where most daily driving is done.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
That's what I like! I mean, the responsiveness of these GTs are fair. But I used to daily a full bolt on 2012 Civic Si that was tuned. Made it more responsive and punchy. For keeping cara stock, perhaps I should have gone with the ecoboost since it is more punchy than the GT in mid power, which is where most daily driving is done.

I see this alot but dont understand?? Mash the phucking peddle further

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that makes no sense. It might be more punchy from the seat of the pants, but the max dyno of a stock ecoboost is what, 285ish? Depending on the year, a GT could be 150 higher. If you are thinking that the entry-level Mustang was a better choice, well, then I guess there's nothing stopping you from selling/trading it. The way this thread started listing cars that are more often than not victims of a GT show that perhaps some could do with some more seat time to brush up on fundamentals, because the modding path is an expensive one that with a terrible driver could yield no improvements.

Similar to that, one of the last times I was out, I was seeded above a McLaren 570, new NSX, and a Porsche GT2rs... does that mean that the Mustang GT is faster than them? Well, apparently around the track, me driving mine, them driving theirs, yes, it does. That driver mod is the most expensive one there is, so gas it up and go find someplace to work on it :)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Stock gt= 7k revs all day to have any fun. Gutless under 6k

E85r gt= everything over 4k is entertaining. Tire chirping at 6k shifts into second, power slides, you name it.

When I switch back to 91 octane for out of town road trips the car feels like a slug after you've gotten used to corn.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock gt= 7k revs all day to have any fun. Gutless under 6k

E85r gt= everything over 4k is entertaining. Tire chirping at 6k shifts into second, power slides, you name it.

When I switch back to 91 octane for out of town road trips the car feels like a slug after you've gotten used to corn.
I feel satisified with 3k-4k with moderate gas. But I know a tune could help mitigate throttle response and rev hang.

Sponsored

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I thought the title of the thread was stock vs. stock. By the second response we're talking about turbo GTI's. LOL

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol OP brought up the GTI in his initial post.

I thought the title of the thread was stock vs. stock. By the second response we're talking about turbo GTI's. LOL

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
We had a rental EcoBoost in HI with the 10R80. It was nowhere near as punchy as my GT at any RPM. However, I think it's all subjective. My first car was an SHO, I had 2 8th Gen Si's, and now this is my 3rd 5.0. I LOVE high revving normally aspirated cars. I've never really been a turbo guy even though I've owned 2 GTIs, an MS3, an Edge Sport and now my wife owns a Focus RS. I get the torque but it bothered me how all those cars short of the RS fall flat about 1k RPMs from redline. In short I think there are folks, probably most folks, that prefer the power delivery of a turbo charged engine while others like me prefer N/A.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you shifting at 4k rpm? thats your problem.
Depends on the situation. Sometimes from a stop I'll use moderate throttle to 4k and it feels fun. At the track, I wouldn't dare shift that early. I'm dumb, but not that dumb ha ha. But seriously, I still fight with myself wondering when I should shift. Redline 6.5k or go to 7.5k when the fuel cut off is. Seems like I stand a better chance at 7.5k.
Sponsored