Sponsored

What do I need to read the oil pressure on a non-pp 2017 GT?

Abletoxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hello all! Hope you're staying safe! I would like to know what I need to read the oil pressure on my non-performance pack 2017 GT. I know the performance pack has gauges for oil pressure, I also want to know my oil pressure. I am looking at this kit:

https://www.americanmuscle.com/dual-color-oil-pressure-electrical-bluewhite.html#customer_reviews

Anyone know if this kit alone will read the oil pressure? Would I need any additional items? Would you recommend something else?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Abletoxx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
As a separate comment, I read that folks with force induction get rid of the oil filter 'adapter', which limits oil pressure. All I know is my car shoots up to around 100 psi momentarily upon a cold start, and immediately drops to about 35. And at hot idle, it's ridiculously low. It's hard to tell with the crappy gauge. No wonder our engines can be so noisy; the valve-train must be getting very little oil at idle. My engine is surprisingly quiet, fortunately, but we'll see if it lasts (only 1,100 miles now). Wonder why Ford did that. Folks replace that with the FP (Ford Performance) oil filter adapter, which does not have oil pressure control. You might want to look into that if you're adding a supercharger. Hope this helps.
Sponsored