Sponsored

What Differential Bushings Should I Get?

Jcole_14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I’ve been looking at upgrading my differential bushings and I’m unsure as to which ones to go with. I’m also looking for a through bolt kit. The car is mainly for fun runs on the street, ocasional casually drives, and I hope to take it to the track when I get some axels installed. Car is making ~750 wheel.

I’ve really considered Kelltrac’s new complete differential bushing design but I’m not quite sure if I’m looking to grind the fore side of the rear diff cover mounts. Open to both BMR and Steeda just whichever seems to perform best.
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Steeda Red here.
Steeda took the time and effort to mold the reliefs into their cavity filler bushings.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I did Steeda Aluminum Differential Bushings. Definitely increased NVH and gear whine in the cabin, but its not terrible. I'd probably go with the black pucks if I had to do it over again.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Get the aluminum Steeda ones. They’re wicked pisser

Sponsored

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Looks like everyone here is recommending the puck-style inserts. Are you talking about full bushing replacements? I'm in the middle of that and I got the Steeda full differential bushings. After looking at pictures and the instructions, I suspect they are just the Whiteline KDT933's in a Steeda bag for a hefty markup. If you have the time to wait for a back-ordered part, I would suggest getting the Whitelines through another vendor since they are only around $60.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Time to drop the cradles for those installs, especially full replacement bushings Like the Whitelines. I dropped mine to do the puck style Steeda bushings. I couldn’t see any other way to get a proper torque on them without dropping it.
Sponsored