Sponsored

What did YOU use to transport your stock S550 hood home from the body shop?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So what have people used to transport their old stock 2021 Stock S550 GT hood home from the body shop?

I've got the Vicrez GT500 hood on the way but will be keeping the stock hood in the event the car ever needs to go back to stock trim. Bodyshop doesn't offer transpo home for the old stuff so I'll have to rent something.

Cube Van maybe?
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Keep the box for storage and transport and borrow or rent a pickup truck.
If you don't have a friend who would do it for a 6 pack or lunch then Home Depot rents them for as little as 4 hours at a time.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Will it fit in the back of a pickup? Living in the city I tend not to have access to one so will have to rent something to transport it.

I'm thinking bubble wrap the hell out of it and find something large enough to carry it. I figured one of those vans would do so but if Home Depot has trucks (without an air brake requirement) I may go to them or UHAUL.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Looks like this is all that is available near me. Keep in mind prices are in CAD so don't you Americans freak out ;)

It should fit in here no?

1651160981741.png

Sponsored

Mus99gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1; 2022 Ram 1500; 1965 Mustang
Why not take it off while at home and then drive there with no hood on? Especially, if it is ready and a quick install?

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Why not take it off while at home and then drive there with no hood on? Especially, if it is ready and a quick install?
I had thought about this but am not sure about the legality of that. Plus it's in a city about 15 minutes of highway driving away.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I had thought about this but am not sure about the legality of that. Plus it's in a city about 15 minutes of highway driving away.
We used to take our hoods off just to cruise and show off the engines. I doubt there is a law against it.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Looks like this is all that is available near me. Keep in mind prices are in CAD so don't you Americans freak out ;)

It should fit in here no?

1651160981741.png
It almost fits into a dodge caravan if loaded diagonally, so I would assume that the van should be fine. You can always stop by any home depot with a tape measure ;)

BTW, if you want to consider selling the old hood for a reasonable price, I'm looking to buy one for my needs. Shoot me a dm if interested.

Reactions: MCS

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
We used to take our hoods off just to cruise and show off the engines. I doubt there is a law against it.
In Canada, there is a law against anything 😄 . An officer might find it dangerous for pedestrians, in case they get hit and chewed in by coyote. An officer would give you a ticket for dangerous driving and that's when the whole life starts going downhill.:crazy:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
In Canada, there is a law against anything 😄 . An officer might find it dangerous for pedestrians, in case they get hit and chewed in by coyote. An officer would give you a ticket for dangerous driving and that's when the whole life starts going downhill.:crazy:
A little research should tell you. I can't imagine it's ever been enough of a problem to require a new law.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
Will it fit in the back of a pickup? Living in the city I tend not to have access to one so will have to rent something to transport it.

I'm thinking bubble wrap the hell out of it and find something large enough to carry it. I figured one of those vans would do so but if Home Depot has trucks (without an air brake requirement) I may go to them or UHAUL.
It fit in my F150, I used cardboard and moving blankets. Drove very slow as I was nervous

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
couple of moving blankets, and some ratchet straps and put it on the roof, just drive slow...or don't, that would make for a funnier video :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
A little research should tell you. I can't imagine it's ever been enough of a problem to require a new law.
Yeah, the Google search comes back with mixed messages. It depends on the cop according to our Highway Traffic Act. A vehicle must be in good working order but it's vague enough that its up to the cop.

I'd rather just rent a van and put it in there nice and proper so I don't have to worry about "this baby hitting 88mph you're gonna see some serious shit".

If it fits in that van then I'll rent it for the 90 minutes and call it a day. I'll get the box dimensions of the GT500 hood when it arrives at the body shop and then check to see if it'll fit standing up in that van as I believe they have dimensions there.
Sponsored