Sponsored

What did you pay??

OSBRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What did you pay for your FI setup? What all did you get and how much gains did you see?

I'm trying to ball on a budget right now and want to do FI. I thought this would be a good place to check.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What did you pay for your FI setup? What all did you get and how much gains did you see?

I'm trying to ball on a budget right now and want to do FI. I thought this would be a good place to check.

Thanks in advance.
Budget and Boost do not go hand in hand. Stay N/A until you can afford it. Cheap is ALWAYS costly in the long run

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350

Thanks in advance.
What are your hp goals? Which system are you looking at? Turbos or Whipple, looking 10k without supporting mods.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Budget and Boost do not go hand in hand. Stay N/A until you can afford it. Cheap is ALWAYS costly in the long run
Exactly. And make sure you purchase EXACTLY what you want first. Don't settle.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
No such thing as wanting to go fast and do it cheap.Going fi at a rock bottom number will cost u 5k,unless u buy used.Then get ready to start spending more because things will start breaking and need to be changed,that is if u want to really go fast????

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT VERT
Fast+Reliable= Not Cheap
Cheap+Reliable= Not Fast
Fast+Cheap=Not Reliable

I'm sure there are exceptions, but this has been my experience.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Fast+Reliable= Not Cheap
Cheap+Reliable= Not Fast
Fast+Cheap=Not Reliable

I'm sure there are exceptions, but this has been my experience.
This is a good synopsis.

Can't tell if you have a Manual or not OP. If it's a manual, you can make POWER but you won't go Fast on a track without a clutch and new half shafts to start. That's 2k right there before power mods. If you stay on the street, you might be able to get away without those but the clutch will go eventually. The point is, you can easily spend a few grand just making sure the car can handle the power. Auto or manual, you still need sticky tires for the rear if you want to put down even stock power levels. That will run $500-600 with going wider on the wheels.

You can buy a used blower and frankly that's what I would do if I did it all over again. You can buy just about everything you need from guys on this forum to get you going as cheaply as possible but CHEAP is relative. You still need to pay for a tuner device and a tune so add 1k for that. You're still looking at 6-8k minimum if you buy used and are starting from scratch.

Good luck

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yep thats about spot on,i bought used from the guy that just posted above me,and even after getting a really really good deal,i still have close to 8k in my setup.This is things i HAD to do if i wanted to go fast,still have not done opg/ck gear and dedicated tire and wheel setup whick would be another1.5 to 2k.Also keep in mind me and my friends do all of are own work on our cars which saves alot of $$$.

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Yep thats about spot on,i bought used from the guy that just posted above me,and even after getting a really really good deal,i still have close to 8k in my setup.This is things i HAD to do if i wanted to go fast,still have not done opg/ck gear and dedicated tire and wheel setup whick would be another1.5 to 2k.Also keep in mind me and my friends do all of are own work on our cars which saves alot of $$$.
Good point. It's only CHEAPER IF you do the work yourself

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Let's see about 6500 for my tvs, 450 for opg and cs, Lund tune was like 500 something? Install was 600. Just got injectors and a fuel system there's another 1800. Half shafts and clutch are next so add 2k to all that lol then 250 to retune on e85

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Not sure if you asking about getting it cheap or the budget, maybe OP changed the question at the first post?

I put aside the cost of swapping a new engine and a new stage 2 procharger kit money before I bought everything so about 15k

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I paid $12k to a get a "deal" on my Kenne Bell kit installation, OPG/TG installation, nGauge and tune.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
$9,100 for Red ($600 option) Stage 3 Whipple (tune/BAP/Injectors/TB included). Price included installation of blower & billet OPG's & CS. Doesn't include billet parts, drivetrain, suspension, tires, fluids, exhaust, etc, etc,
Sponsored