What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
In for a service today. 33k miles now. Pleased to report it's in great shape. What a relief after the year I've had!

- Pinion seal
- Rear shock replacement
- New wheel hub bearing
- Rear shock (again! but replaced under warranty).

Need new rears soon, but my MPS4S have been on for 20k miles, still over 3mm of tread left :rockon: yes I have a light foot, but truth be told I'm probably happier cruising than I am hooning haha
MPS4S are great tyres, Fantastic grip and great wear. The opposite of the P Zero Corsa's I had on another car which had no grip in cold wet conditions but had the durability of cheese.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
MPS4S are great tyres, Fantastic grip and great wear. The opposite of the P Zero Corsa's I had on another car which had no grip in cold wet conditions but had the durability of cheese.
thats not what you want with your tyres!

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
so yeah LV charged my insurance renewal despite me calling and cancelling and them acknowledging that cancellation. That'll be a ranty phone call Tuesday morning then. FFS
No, no!
Auto renewal is for your convenience.............

Merry Christmas!
:like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No, no!

Merry Christmas!
I have a Capital One Quicksilver for all online payments. The 1.5% rewards are so so these days but the reason I use it is you can create a virtual CC number that Capital One will only honor for a specific business and, of course, can be canceled, suspended or expire whenever you want. Probably other credit cards work the same.

Then I am entertained rather than annoyed when some company forgets I canceled a service, etc. and sends a shocked email telling me I must have forgotten to update my payment info.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
No, no!

Merry Christmas!
Yep auto renewal is a useful feature but when said auto renewal is cancelled and is confirmed verbally as cancelled during the cancellation phone call, is it reasonable to expect that payment would not be taken? It's vexing for sure but in the grand scheme of things not the worst thing that could have happened.

I have a Capital One Quicksilver for all online payments. The 1.5% rewards are so so these days but the reason I use it is you can create a virtual CC number that Capital One will only honor for a specific business and, of course, can be canceled, suspended or expire whenever you want. Probably other credit cards work the same.

Then I am entertained rather than annoyed when some company forgets I canceled a service, etc. and sends a shocked email telling me I must have forgotten to update my payment info.
Interesting concept indeed, I shall enquire about this magic :like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

It is all very different in the UK. If you pay and setup a recurring payment on a credit card it is called a 'continuous payment authority' and only the supplier / merchant can cancel it.

Continuous payment authorities (financial-ombudsman.org.uk)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
It is all very different in the UK. If you pay and setup a recurring payment on a credit card it is called a 'continuous payment authority' and only the supplier / merchant can cancel it.

oh well, that saves me looking it up! Cheers Greg lol, merchant (LV) did say they had cancelled it but clearly not according to my bill. I shall chase them, tomorrow when they open. At least they open tomorrow and not like Scotland they have the Tuesday off as well... at least I hope they are in ha

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

IF you are correct (not confirmed by that link BTW) sucks for you. But I'm talking about a blood from a parsnip situation since the card would no longer exist! Your assumption could only be true IF it was illegal for you OR your CC issuer to cancel a card should there be even a single recurring payment set up. Must be hell if someone steals your CC with a recuring payment and you have to pay for everything they buy with it forever because the card can't be canceled..

Then again there is precedent in the US:

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
IF you are correct (not confirmed by that link BTW) sucks for you. But I'm talking about a blood from a parsnip situation since the card would no longer exist! Your assumption could only be true IF it was illegal for you OR your CC issuer to cancel a card should there be even a single recurring payment set up. Must be hell if someone steals your CC with a recuring payment and you have to pay for everything they buy with it forever because the card can't be canceled..

Then again there is precedent in the US:

The card can be cancelled / or expire and that will stop the CPA

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The card can be cancelled / or expire and that will stop the CPA
That is what I posted. You create a virtual card for transactions which can be canceled at any time or given an arbitrary expiration date. You won't get burned/annoyed by a company "forgetting" you notified them.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
That is what I posted. You create a virtual card for transactions which can be canceled at any time or given an arbitrary expiration date. You won't get burned/annoyed by a company "forgetting" you notified them.
it seems we in the UK are a bit behind on this technology though we likely invented it then gave it away. :headbang: There are some third party options but the only UK bank offering this, it's for businesses only. https://www.revolut.com/ seems to be the only consumer UK option OR get prepaid cards from our own bank issuer, like a voucher card i guess.

And in breaking news, LV (the bampots behind this fck up) have actually refunded the payment they took from me but it's only shown today on my current transactions a full 2days after they issued it.
i cancelled renewal via telephone 21st which LV confirmed they had NOT taken payment and would cancel the request for payment -confirmed done.
payment taken 23rd but i only noticed (checked app evening of 24th) 2 days later
refund issued 24th but only appeared this on my transactions today 2 days later.

Only reason i checked the app was to see if there was a recurring payments feature but i guess it's the company creating a new invoice every subscription period not like a payment plan on the account. I have the money back, for now anyway so Happy Christmas one and all.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
it seems we in the UK are a bit behind on this technology though we likely invented it then gave it away. :headbang: There are some third party options but the only UK bank offering this, it's for businesses only. https://www.revolut.com/ seems to be the only consumer UK option OR get prepaid cards from our own bank issuer, like a voucher card i guess.
technology is long since available in the UK anyone with a modern bank something like monzo or starling can create virtual cards for payments etc, as can anyone using google pay you can setup virtual cards for exactly the purpose above. Just the old shitty legacy banks that are terrible with customer service that don't give you those facilities.
Sponsored