Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Yep, just super unlucky to have had a new one fail so soon :crying:

Initial report is good. Had a few short drives around town yesterday and so far...no clunkity clunk.
i still need to get it up in the air and get wheels off to have a proper look, every so often when setting off or braking i get a click from the rear, when reversing up my drive its really creaky at slow speeds, high speeds not noticable
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i still need to get it up in the air and get wheels off to have a proper look, every so often when setting off or braking i get a click from the rear, when reversing up my drive its really creaky at slow speeds, high speeds not noticable
i'm getting mine checked Tuesday but it passed the MOT start October so i'm expecting it to be exhaust hanger related..........

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Latest mod finally finished - not 100% perfect but good enough for 1st attempt. Iā€™ll change the wrap to something darker next year, as well as attempting the oil pressure gauge.

Benno

A0A17AC4-4C50-4566-833A-623511CAE3F8.jpeg
9B2B482C-041B-476B-A823-F275F3CE9499.jpeg

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
how on earth have you managed that i could really use a boost gauge :cwl:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Latest mod finally finished - not 100% perfect but good enough for 1st attempt. Iā€™ll change the wrap to something darker next year, as well as attempting the oil pressure gauge.

Benno

A0A17AC4-4C50-4566-833A-623511CAE3F8.jpeg
9B2B482C-041B-476B-A823-F275F3CE9499.jpeg
thats pretty cool! Has anyone else managed to get those gauges RHD or are you the trailblazer. Looks pretty neat and of course useful! I could argue the units for the oil temperature but it not matter once you work it out :sunglasses:

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
how on earth have you managed that i could really use a boost gauge :cwl:
thats pretty cool! Has anyone else managed to get those gauges RHD or are you the trailblazer. Looks pretty neat and of course useful! I could argue the units for the oil temperature but it not matter once you work it out :sunglasses:
Thereā€™s this thread that has it all for US cars

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-swap-pp-gauges-into-standard-model.38818/

I got the gt350 gauges as I wanted the oil temp so I can have tyre pressures in the main dash all the time - from the a US parts supplier, incl pigtail.

And I found both a spare uk panel and the us one on ebay, just by regular searches - the us one came from Lithuania lol

Then got going with the dremel, fibre glass, isopon and sandpaper.

Iā€˜ve hooked it up to the obd port as `I didnt fancy splicing the wiring loom.

@hinch , you can maybe use the ecoboost gauges as they have boost on them?

Brother in law fancies one too lol - maybe I should start a cottage industry and 3-d print the dash panels :idea:

Benno

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Thereā€™s this thread that has it all for US cars

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-swap-pp-gauges-into-standard-model.38818/

I got the gt350 gauges as I wanted the oil temp so I can have tyre pressures in the main dash all the time - from the a US parts supplier, incl pigtail.

And I found both a spare uk panel and the us one on ebay, just by regular searches - the us one came from Lithuania lol

Then got going with the dremel, fibre glass, isopon and sandpaper.

Iā€˜ve hooked it up to the obd port as `I didnt fancy splicing the wiring loom.

@hinch , you can maybe use the ecoboost gauges as they have boost on them?

Brother in law fancies one too lol - maybe I should start a cottage industry and 3-d print the dash panels :idea:

Benno
ha, excellent work there and cheers for links. Cottage industry is what the UK does best :sunglasses:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
getting the gauges is easy getting the panel in rhd trim with the 2 gauge slots less simple. unless the bullets or mach 1's use them ?

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
getting the gauges is easy getting the panel in rhd trim with the 2 gauge slots less simple. unless the bullets or mach 1's use them ?
Unfortunately nothing in RHD - butchering the only way lol

Benno

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
did a very small tunnel run but with the traffic running so slow it was actually ok. Let a gap build in front, boot it in 2nd for all of about a two blinks of an eye and then brake. Repeat. Got a thumbs up and waves from a family wagon that was next to me as I went past, fell behind and then went past again, kids and parents (well the adults in the front seat at least) seemed as happy as i was. It's the little things that keep you smiling.:sunglasses:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I posted, as usual my plans have snowballed. So currently my car is on jacks with no wheels, no exhaust, no driveshaft, no front bumper, no oil cooler, no air intake and with a fair few other bits missing.

It all started with fitting a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft, this turned up dented and took weeks to resolve and then found there were bolts missing. So in the mean time I decided to design, order and fit a front mounted oil cooler and while I was waiting for that I decided I'd fit replacement wheel arch liners, splash panel and front lip. The front lip I ordered also turned up incorrectly from Tasca so I'm now in a dispute with them through my credit card provider. So while I'm waiting for that I sent my wheels to get powder coated. So while I'm waiting for that I've been removing rust and respraying the underside of my car. Oh and I've still got BMR engine mounts to install and I just ordered up some BMR lightened front and rear bumper bars.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In for a service today. 33k miles now. Pleased to report it's in great shape. What a relief after the year I've had!

- Pinion seal
- Rear shock replacement
- New wheel hub bearing
- Rear shock (again! but replaced under warranty).

Need new rears soon, but my MPS4S have been on for 20k miles, still over 3mm of tread left :rockon: yes I have a light foot, but truth be told I'm probably happier cruising than I am hooning haha

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
wiped the body / door rubbers down with some lube to try stop the windows freezing to the body rubbers. Damned too narrow garage doors!
Sponsored