What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
swore at it. One keyfob completely dead (worked fine yesterday) the second keyfob complaining low battery despite not being out it's faraday pouch in over 2yrs. Now i cannot lock the car and trying to split open the keyfob without breaking it into a lot of pieces is this afternoons task. That and getting replacement batteries on a sunday afternoon which aint gonna happen. Yet another reason keyless entry should be banned.
Even on low battery the buttons on the fob should still lock the car, plus you could always use the emergency key.

2018-2019 Ford Key Fob Battery Replacement - DIY - YouTube
Sponsored

RR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Auto, L322 Range Rover, Series 3 Land Rover
swore at it. One keyfob completely dead (worked fine yesterday) the second keyfob complaining low battery despite not being out it's faraday pouch in over 2yrs. Now i cannot lock the car and trying to split open the keyfob without breaking it into a lot of pieces is this afternoons task. That and getting replacement batteries on a sunday afternoon which aint gonna happen. Yet another reason keyless entry should be banned.

RR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Auto, L322 Range Rover, Series 3 Land Rover
I just had the same,managed to get fob apart,instructions in the owners manual,batteries are cr2025,got mine in a pack of 4 from Tesco,ÂŁ8.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
I hope it’s not getting back at you for your previous comments about things breaking??

I agree keyless entry is fixing a problem we never had!

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
cheers guys, I'd ordered a set of four from Amazon thinking tomorrow would be fine then discovered the keyfobs wouldn't lock the car at all. Quick check and a pack of four from Argos / Sainsburys and we're back in business. I have to say, thats a pig of a design for the keyfob to split open / put back. The fear of snapping something was high. Sht design if you ask me

@Silver Dragon - you could be right. The car is showing me some signs of Resistentialism

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Hi bud, I have a 17 plate so no not that vid but similar type of thing. Lots of prizing with a screwdriver and 50pence piece. Snapping the board back into the top of the fob was a squeeze and hope. Snapfit with a circuit board doesn't seem so smart but likely cheap.

My normal keyfob I use gave no low battery warning but was dead today despite being fine yesterday. My spare keyfob that's been sat in the faraday pouch for 2yrs unlocked the car gave one battery warning then wouldn't start the car with a no keyfob detected on the dash display and then it wouldn't lock the car after that.

Having to take the fob apart after removing silicon cover in order to get the emergency key is a faff for sure. Like I say it's a sht design and keyless entry is sht because it makes the car too easy steal if owner doesn't take additional steps to block the signal. I appreciate it's not only Ford using the key design but that doesn't make it any less rubbish.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Hi bud, I have a 17 plate so no not that vid but similar type of thing. Lots of prizing with a screwdriver and 50pence piece. Snapping the board back into the top of the fob was a squeeze and hope. Snapfit with a circuit board doesn't seem so smart but likely cheap.

My normal keyfob I use gave no low battery warning but was dead today despite being fine yesterday. My spare keyfob that's been sat in the faraday pouch for 2yrs unlocked the car gave one battery warning then wouldn't start the car with a no keyfob detected on the dash display and then it wouldn't lock the car after that.

Having to take the fob apart after removing silicon cover in order to get the emergency key is a faff for sure. Like I say it's a sht design and keyless entry is sht because it makes the car too easy steal if owner doesn't take additional steps to block the signal. I appreciate it's not only Ford using the key design but that doesn't make it any less rubbish.
Ahh OK you need this video instead. There is a knack to it as per the vid that makes it much easier.

BEST How to change Ford keyless remote key battery - Kuga C-Max Mondeo Fiesta Focus - YouTube

You can start the car even with a dead key. You need to place the key in the bottom of the cupholder under the rubber base. All Ford cars can do this, but the place to put the key varies a bit by model and year. There is a symbol that looks a bit like a WiFi symbol around a key on some of them.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Ahh OK you need this video instead. There is a knack to it as per the vid that makes it much easier.

BEST How to change Ford keyless remote key battery - Kuga C-Max Mondeo Fiesta Focus - YouTube

You can start the car even with a dead key. You need to place the key in the bottom of the cupholder under the rubber base. All Ford cars can do this, but the place to put the key varies a bit by model and year. There is a symbol that looks a bit like a WiFi symbol around a key on some of them.
I managed to get into the car with the second keyfob and stuck the keyfob into the slot in the rear cupholder and yep car started fine but then once i'd stopped car I realised I couldn't lock it! Both keyfobs were dead as a dodo. Anyhow, after throwing toys out of my pram I ordered batteries online and then discovered Argos had some so borrowed my g/f's Sportage (go Kia with a proper key) and got four new batteries for 7quid. Keeping the four ordered online for spares for when this happens again though how long these things last in the packet is debateable. I was back with two working keyfobs before 5pm

this is the video I used I did remember to put key back in first!
but this one is actually better as it's the exact keyfob(s) i have and better explains the er tightness!

I still need to discover the source of the creaking rear passenger side either exhaust hanger or damned axle nut / bearing / shaft as it's now really beginning to annoy me.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I managed to get into the car with the second keyfob and stuck the keyfob into the slot in the rear cupholder and yep car started fine but then once i'd stopped car I realised I couldn't lock it! Both keyfobs were dead as a dodo. Anyhow, after throwing toys out of my pram I ordered batteries online and then discovered Argos had some so borrowed my g/f's Sportage (go Kia with a proper key) and got four new batteries for 7quid. Keeping the four ordered online for spares for when this happens again though how long these things last in the packet is debateable. I was back with two working keyfobs before 5pm

this is the video I used I did remember to put key back in first!
but this one is actually better as it's the exact keyfob(s) i have and better explains the er tightness!

I still need to discover the source of the creaking rear passenger side either exhaust hanger or damned axle nut / bearing / shaft as it's now really beginning to annoy me.
Won't the key that fits the hidey hole on the door handle lock the car?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Won't the key that fits the hidey hole on the door handle lock the car?
i dunno, does it? I didn't have a screwdriver nor any coins in my pocket when I realised i couldn't lock the car in the supermarket carpark so i couldn't take things apart though i might have been able to at least lock the car.
Just checked the original batteries, Panasonic brand so not no brand in there. No idea why both were dead at same time the the normal day to day one gave zero warning on Saturday that it was going to have issues. Like i say, sht design but dropped in it once is forewarned. One screwdriver and a couple of coins and a spare pair of keyfob batteries will be left in the car and the car manual and video from above will be on the phone locally. Any big road trips might consider taking the key out of the fob and putting in my wallet. Just in case :)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
i dunno, does it? I didn't have a screwdriver nor any coins in my pocket when I realised i couldn't lock the car in the supermarket carpark so i couldn't take things apart though i might have been able to at least lock the car.
Just checked the original batteries, Panasonic brand so not no brand in there. No idea why both were dead at same time the the normal day to day one gave zero warning on Saturday that it was going to have issues. Like i say, sht design but dropped in it once is forewarned. One screwdriver and a couple of coins and a spare pair of keyfob batteries will be left in the car and the car manual and video from above will be on the phone locally. Any big road trips might consider taking the key out of the fob and putting in my wallet. Just in case :)
If you are adding youtubes try this one as well.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
If you are adding youtubes try this one as well.
different keyfob but the unlock / lock principle will be the same thank you. As i said, my daily keyfob has a cover and a keyring on it and the keyring needs a screwdriver to take that apart so i'll be stuffed trying to do that if i can't get into the car without the fob. That's something i didn't think i'd need to worry about. I have learned, will change out the loop. The keyfob shown in your video I wouldnt have that issue but my keyfobs are not like that one so yeah i'll need to change the attachments
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs