Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Well there's the optimist!
I'm afraid there's a certain Mr Johnson & his gang of glums who are out to thwart your plans.
June 2022?
try living in Scotland, jezo it's worse if you can believe that and even worse there's an election in May. Anyone want to guess the outcome of that? Land border anyone :frown:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Changed the indicators on the mirrors. Removed one of the mirrors (driver's side) as the previous owner seemed to like to use grit to clean it.
what did you do with the mirror you took out? Noticed recently that mine are scratched to hell, not sure if i did it or whether ford decided to wipe them down when they had it in but it’s driving me wild lol

will be trying a glass polish on it when i next get the chance but not sure if that will work

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well I had a great trip down to Cornwall, lots of motorway miles but it was great to be behind the wheel for a long period.

went to see a friend in st agnes, but made the effort to get down to lands end today, as me & the missus have booked scotland for next month - we’ll be doing the north coast 500 route and obviously john o groats

1CDA9BE2-C9A0-49F6-AD62-6DB4D8B98158.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Well I had a great trip down to Cornwall, lots of motorway miles but it was great to be behind the wheel for a long period.

went to see a friend in st agnes, but made the effort to get down to lands end today, as me & the missus have booked scotland for next month - we’ll be doing the north coast 500 route and obviously john o groats

1CDA9BE2-C9A0-49F6-AD62-6DB4D8B98158.jpeg
ha, make sure the border is open before you head North. Still no travel between England and Scotland at present but I believe it's being opened up 26th April.. Things have been known to change!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
ha, make sure the border is open before you head North. Still no travel between England and Scotland at present but I believe it's being opened up 26th April.. Things have been known to change!
oh we made sure all the accommodation booked was free cancellation! Cautiously optimistic we are :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Kristian87 - St Agnes is a great place, last time we went we stayed on the campsite on the coast / headland right near to the mine (which is one of the places Amazon use a a screensaver for the fire stick).

Oldest daughter had a lesson at the surf school and whilst helping, I got stung by a compass jellyfish then proceeded to stand on a weaver fish ... :facepalm: :cwl:

1618779429028.jpeg

Thanks to the coastguard I didn’t miss the rest of her lesson, but I did have to stand some funny looks whilst I stood on the shoreline with my foot in a pink rhino bucket ... :cwl:

WD :like:

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
what did you do with the mirror you took out? Noticed recently that mine are scratched to hell, not sure if i did it or whether ford decided to wipe them down when they had it in but it’s driving me wild lol

will be trying a glass polish on it when i next get the chance but not sure if that will work
I spent £8 for a new one off eBay! :wink:

Edit: I tried glass polish first, it seemed to do nothing on mirror glass

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
Changed the indicators on the mirrors. Removed one of the mirrors (driver's side) as the previous owner seemed to like to use grit to clean it.

I like them very much. link to the product?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
oh we made sure all the accommodation booked was free cancellation! Cautiously optimistic we are :)
haha thats just being sensible. Be interesting to see what mileage you get up there as I imagine the right foot will be pressing on a bit. Have done more of the West coast up there for more than a few years now and certainly more petrol stations than there used to be plus the have the 24hr card service too. Still not enough SUL stations though :frown:

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
I had a little drive (286 miles actually plus the return trip ) to visit GT101 in Colchester for them to check out an oil leak on the engine of my 2017 GT.They are not local but it was certainly worth the trip. They had correctly anticipated the problem as being loosened rocker cover fixings allowing engine oil to leak out onto the exhaust which then burns off causing smoke and a smell.

I got superb service from David Jones and his team who sorted it out whilst I waited in his showroom and for a very reasonable cost.Whilst drinking the excellent coffee I was able to feast my eyes on a nice Ford GT at the very reasonable sticker price of only £299,000(wouldn’t that be a nice decision to make).

I can really recommend this company if your Mustang needs any attention and I will certainly be using them for my next scheduled service.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had a little drive (286 miles actually plus the return trip ) to visit GT101 in Colchester for them to check out an oil leak on the engine of my 2017 GT.They are not local but it was certainly worth the trip. They had correctly anticipated the problem as being loosened rocker cover fixings allowing engine oil to leak out onto the exhaust which then burns off causing smoke and a smell.

I got superb service from David Jones and his team who sorted it out whilst I waited in his showroom and for a very reasonable cost.Whilst drinking the excellent coffee I was able to feast my eyes on a nice Ford GT at the very reasonable sticker price of only £299,000(wouldn’t that be a nice decision to make).

I can really recommend this company if your Mustang needs any attention and I will certainly be using them for my next scheduled service.
Big fan of GT101. It's a 260 mile round trip for me, but always worth the effort.

I messaged Dave recently, hoping to get my brake calipers painted there and possible get my oem wheels refurbished later this year.
Sponsored