honestly never noticed. also can't see any difference in your pictures

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Out with the shiny GT trim and in with the burnished GT350 trim
Need. Did you buy all the parts separately? Where from?

not so fussed on the steering wheel trim, but the chrome around the gear gaiter and the cupholders isn’t great IMO

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What's the difference in the burnished 350 trim and the 18+ trim ?

They dulled the chrome down in the 18+ :

CEE23-C28-CAB0-458-C-8396-949-AA7-E9-CD68.jpg

Although they didn't do all the bits, notably the speaker surrounds in the front doors - well, when they bother to fit them at all ... lol

0-E782-A4-C-1-D15-4-ADC-9043-F826-D353053-A.jpg

I know the 350 got the dark toggle switches (with the exhaust button) - I am not bothered about the dark switches, but I do like the starter button on that side. Its always struck me as a bit strange that I can get to the starter easily which is used twice per drive, but the mode selection is on the far side / over the gear stick and that one can get used multiple times per drive.

If it's plug and play, I might consider bringing a standard US 18+ panel back with me on my next USA visit and doing the swap :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
honestly never noticed. also can't see any difference in your pictures
My photographic skills do leave a lot to be desired - it is more noticeable than in my pics :facepalm:

Need. Did you buy all the parts separately? Where from?

not so fussed on the steering wheel trim, but the chrome around the gear gaiter and the cupholders isn’t great IMO
EBay was what started it - just happened upon a few bits so looked harder. For the last 2 vents, I’ve ordered them from Tasca but they’ve not pitched up yet.

What's the difference in the burnished 350 trim and the 18+ trim ?

They dulled the chrome down in the 18+ :

CEE23-C28-CAB0-458-C-8396-949-AA7-E9-CD68.jpg

Although they didn't do all the bits, notably the speaker surrounds in the front doors - well, when they bother to fit them at all ... lol

0-E782-A4-C-1-D15-4-ADC-9043-F826-D353053-A.jpg

I know the 350 got the dark toggle switches (with the exhaust button) - I am not bothered about the dark switches, but I do like the starter button on that side. Its always struck me as a bit strange that I can get to the starter easily which is used twice per drive, but the mode selection is on the far side / over the gear stick and that one can get used multiple times per drive.

If it's plug and play, I might consider bringing a standard US 18+ panel back with me on my next USA visit and doing the swap :like:

I’ve plugged and played so far and all seems far better than I expected but have a gremlin with the heater controls that’s only became apparent today - all the buttons are doing the right thing with the Sync system but the heater is not doing as it’s told lol. Gonna try a few things over the next few days to see if it’s something I’ve done else I’ll be swapping components individually.

Yes I prefer the Mode toggle closer and really wish I could hook my XForce exhaust up to the Exhaust toggle

Cheers

Benno

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had to repalce one of mine as the clip had broke and it was hanging a little loose :frown: I have a 2020 so mine are the flat type anyway.

I was going to say you could colour code them now but as your car is silver they are probably best in white anyway :like:

34-D2-A5-A5-9-F92-4602-8-DEB-8-A698-DA0-C194.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I had to repalce one of mine as the clip had broke and it was hanging a little loose :frown: I have a 2020 so mine are the flat type anyway.
So, the "flat" ones are all you can get now and they work for earlier years? Any plusses or minuses over the earlier ones? Easier/harder to install, etc.?

I suspect these things degrade from opening/closing the doors. My 2016 with 30k miles driver side is starting to go but the passenger side which has probably been opened and closed less than 50 times is still perfect.

Just how tiny is the pony? Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, the "flat" ones are all you can get now and they work for earlier years? Any plusses or minuses over the earlier ones? Easier/harder to install, etc.?

I suspect these things degrade from opening/closing the doors. My 2016 with 30k miles driver side is starting to go but the passenger side which has probably been opened and closed less than 50 times is still perfect.

Just how tiny is the pony? Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?
I don't know about the new / old compatibility, but based on the new type the lens is tiny (maybe 6mm or so), so you would need to be 'very' accurate with the sharpie and I suspect the ink wouldn't be dense enough to block the light completely :frown:

Nothing to loose if trying it on an old unit you are going to replace anyway though :like:

Sponsored

Tom.GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?
I believe the flat / updated version is the only ones you can get, it’s certainly the only ones you want - I read that Ford redesigned to stop the pony distortion.
EXACTLY the same to install.
I don’t think you could sharpie, no. Too small as WD says.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I believe the flat / updated version is the only ones you can get, it’s certainly the only ones you want - I read that Ford redesigned to stop the pony distortion.
EXACTLY the same to install.
I don’t think you could sharpie, no. Too small as WD says.
Glad to hear they improved them. The pic of the older ones look like there is a separate piece with the lens that snaps into a larger piece with the electrical connections that goes into the mirror. When I saw that made me curious if the change was to make you replace more than needed, but if the new ones have a longer lifetime, I don't care.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Added some wallpapers. I don’t know why I was so against Sync2 - I love it. Much better than my last car’s touchscreen (Alfa uConnect)
6B6633A7-BC31-41D2-890A-D56DFDF0E774.jpeg
I wish we could add our own backgrounds in the latest SYNC ... :sunglasses: