tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Exactly the same thing happened with me. I was allowed to keep my car until the part arrived though, but that took three weeks! Hopefully yours will be much faster.
arriving in the morning apparently. Should have the car back by lunchtime. Have a VERY yellow ford thing (not really sure what it is TBH - , diesel tall fiestary looking thing)
Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
arriving in the morning apparently. Should have the car back by lunchtime. Have a VERY yellow ford thing (not really sure what it is TBH - , diesel tall fiestary looking thing)
EcoSport (apparently pronounced Echo Sport, because they're a bit dim). I had one of those as a courtesy car in black with a 90hp Diesel.

What an utterly dismal experience of a car.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just sent an email off to my dealer asking if any new finance figures are available. The Ford website went down to retool for their new range earlier this week, and the MY19 Mustang build page now has a finance button, but still no figures are available.

So I'm wondering if figures exist but they're holding off because of excess 2017 stock that still hasn't been shifted that extends the 0% deal to September.

I'm at the point now where I either want to know how much it will cost in writing, or I get my ÂŁ4,000 back without question.

Call me impatient, but its been four months (and one day) since I placed that deposit and I know absolutely nothing about the cash involved, and the car wont physically exists for another month and a half.

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
EcoSport (apparently pronounced Echo Sport, because they're a bit dim). I had one of those as a courtesy car in black with a 90hp Diesel.

What an utterly dismal experience of a car.
Ah yes, that's the bunny. not quick and leans through the corners like a tea clipper in a gale. better than walking though :D
WP_20180706_18_53_35_Pro (2) 1 1.jpg

Last edited:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ah yes, that's the bunny. not quick and leans through the corners like a tea clipper in a gale. better than walking though :D
Have you seen the cost of them new? Anyone daft enough to buy one for that money deserves misery. As you said, it's just a fiesta.

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Finally installed the Ford strut brace (originally for LHD but modified by my friend Adrian at Kinetic Customs to clear the cowl brace). Very happy with the modification and the brace itself. The cut he had to make is very clean and you can't even see it once installed. I may remove and give it a touch up spray at some point though to protect the exposed metal. I'm not sure if it's a placebo, but I did feel the front end was more rigid on my spritied drive home!
IMG_20180707_153232-1008x756.jpg
MVIMG_20180707_153228-1008x756.jpg
MVIMG_20180707_153219-1008x756.jpg

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Thinkware F800 Pro dashcam with a Cellink B battery backup (upgraded from the F750 from my BMW). Took me far too long to decide on a dashcam that would fit with the ridiculously sized camera housing (aka US 'safe and sound' package. Few pics of the install...
MVIMG_20180708_181233.jpg
IMG_20180708_181321.jpg
IMG_20180707_185855.jpg
MVIMG_20180708_183245.jpg
IMG_20180708_194408.jpg
MVIMG_20180708_183941.jpg
MVIMG_20180708_193944.jpg

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Some from a little road trip we did this weekend around Wales coastal roads and Brecons:

2_1.jpg

4_2.jpg

8_1.jpg

13_2.jpg

12_2.jpg

11_1.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I "washed" mine yesterday with waterless wash. I had been meaning to use it for ages - highly rated product & the idea of "safely" washing the car in under an hour was quite appealing, so yesterday I finally tried it - car was "quite dusty" - having not been washed for a couple of weeks.

Well...2/3 of a bottle & 45 minutes it took. Felt safe at the time & did a good job of removing the layer of dust BUT having a good look at it in the sun this morning - never again. I'm sure I see plenty of fine scratches, so I'm a little gutted as you can imagine. They may have been there before - I never really looked too closely as I had it machine polished only a couple of months ago @ GT101.

Live & learn eh :(

Off to Ford Hungerford today to show them my crooked fuel door.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waterless washes 100% do not work, yes they work if your not OCD like most of us here, for your regular guy with his Fiat Punto who does not care about his paint finish, the product is fine.

For all of us who do care about our cars, go to the effort of getting professional details and machines polishes, a waterless wash has no place near our cars.

Two buckets, proper wash mitts and proper microfibre drying towel.

Waterless wash, sponges and chamois need to stay well away.

A quick machine polish will sort it mate!

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Waterless washes 100% do not work, yes they work if your not OCD like most of us here, for your regular guy with his Fiat Punto who does not care about his paint finish, the product is fine.

For all of us who do care about our cars, go to the effort of getting professional details and machines polishes, a waterless wash has no place near our cars.

Two buckets, proper wash mitts and proper microfibre drying towel.

Waterless wash, sponges and chamois need to stay well away.

A quick machine polish will sort it mate!
Yea feeling a little foolish right now to tell the truth :lol: you all know i'm in to my detailing & something kept telling me it was a good idea :crazy: Thought about buying it so many times - it was inevitable that I would try it. At least now I know haha

You know what - I now have a great excuse to treat myself to a machine polisher - been wanting one for ages...

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
tried it once - on a company car (so that doesnt count) - and was horrified at the result...I guess we live and learn! :doh:

Threw the whole remainder of the bottle away immediately ...yukky stuff!

hope it all polishes out ... I am sure it will!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea feeling a little foolish right now to tell the truth :lol: you all know i'm in to my detailing & something kept telling me it was a good idea :crazy: Thought about buying it so many times - it was inevitable that I would try it. At least now I know haha

You know what - I now have a great excuse to treat myself to a machine polisher - been wanting one for ages...
Check Autobrite, they have some lovely offers on the DA polishing range and their car cleaning products are pretty awesome too.

If your gonna machine polish once you've removed the swirling I am yet to find a better sealant/wax than there:
Supersonic Hydrophobic sealant
Supersonic Quick Detailor sealant
Supersonic Spritz.

In short polish the car, not sure what to recommend but speak with Autobrite on their FB page. Then apply the supersonic sealant, I've never known a product to pull out the pearl effect in paint as much as it does, on my magnetic Mustang it was incredible, now on the Jag and simply wow how much more pearl you can see in the sun.

It also last upto 12 months, but if you top it up with SS quick detailor and Spritz you can make it last couple of years.

Spritz is really impressive, you just spray on, jet wash off, but my god make sure YOU ONLY DO IT IN THE SHADE, otherwise the chemicals bond to the paint so fast in the sun it streaks, I found this out the hard way. ;)

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

ab1.jpg

AndyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2006GT
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Thinkware F800 Pro dashcam with a Cellink B battery backup (upgraded from the F750 from my BMW). Took me far too long to decide on a dashcam that would fit with the ridiculously sized camera housing (aka US 'safe and sound' package. Few pics of the install...
I installed a Thinkware F770 a couple of weeks back, seemed very odd pulling trim panels off a brand new car. :p

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Thinkware F770 a couple of weeks back, seemed very odd pulling trim panels off a brand new car. :p
I'm kinda getting used to it. I'm going full steam ahead on mods (I'm waiting on my 7th to arrive and currently planning a supercharger install). I've already had my first woopsie with an incorrect torque value and had to have a new bonnet stub welded on.

The plastic trims weren't too bad I found - this is the 4th brand new car I've fitted a dashcam to - though it does remind you how cheaply these cars are put together, seeing what's under the plastic trim and carpet!

This time I used wago connections and tried to make everything as serviceable as possible, considering I had 7+ wires in my 'loom', leading from the backup battery - I had everything labeled, heat-shrinked or otherwise zip tied together.

By any chance was your install on a 2018? I'm interested in seeing how other people have tackled the dashcam location 'issue'. Since installing, the 3m tape has actually failed twice even though I cleaned the plastic housing with alcohol before mounting - once on a cold-ish night and another when left in the sun all day. If I can't get it to stick properly I may have to move onto the window, which technically is an MOT fail and a bit more unsightly than where I have it now.
Sponsored