GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How does the noise vary between modified pre and post facelift ?

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
PXL_20220602_150419345.MP~2.jpg

Collected after PPF and ceramic. Took a trip to Clarkson's farm where someone thought it was a Ferrari and then drove it up a hill to take some pictures.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking I might keep it and continue buying from Tasca Parts in hope they will eventually send me the entire car šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How does the noise vary between modified pre and post facelift ?
Also wonder the same, not much content for UK/EU models
Before I bought, I had heard seen some pre facelifts drive by and was slightly disappointed that they sounded little different to anything else on the road (unless under enthusiastic acceleration).

From what I have picked up from the stateside guys, the AE in normal mode plays more of a tune then the standard pre facelift exhaust - and the AE gets sport and track modes that ramp the volume up further.

The resonator is the same pre and post facelift (straight through).

The AE has two passages though the rear silencers, one thatā€™s baffled and one thatā€™s straight through. The AE valves (one per silencer) sit on the straight through pipe to allow the flow to be completely shut to completely open.

The logic / valve opening isnā€™t fixed per mode by a set percentage i.e. quiet mode will still allow the valve to open in the ā€˜rightā€™ circumstances so it doesnā€™t strangle the engine.

Here is a good video of the logic :

Now I have a friend with a pre facelift that has a custom stainless cat back, heā€™s had two mustangs, both have had new exhausts as in his option, both sounded boring from the factory.

We were talking to him recently (family BBQ) and when he drove off I really liked the sound. I asked my family if mine sounded like that and my misses said mine was louder, the girls said it was about the same. All agreed that mine sounded deeper and the girls said mine sounded smoother. Sounds very subjective so take that for what itā€™s worth, bear in mind that unless leaving or returning to the house when little ones are likely in bed, Iā€™m always in ā€˜trackā€™ ā€¦ :sunglasses:

WD :like:

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Also wonder the same, not much content for UK/EU models
Sorry. I thought your original query was of the difference between a stock pre 18 car to a 18+ with resonator delete. Even though the resonators are straight through they do have lots of baffling surrounding the straight through section which effectively make them quieter than a car with a H or X replacement.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry. I thought your original query was of the difference between a stock pre 18 car to a 18+ with resonator delete. Even though the resonators are straight through they do have lots of baffling surrounding the straight through section which effectively make them quieter than a car with a H or X replacement.
If we are just talking resonators, here is the standard unit cut open with its packing removed :

1654201581618.jpeg

WD :like:

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yeah that was my query ahaha

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
let the girlfriend use it to drive to work instead of her own car. Will see in 2wks how many speeding tickets i get through the post :crackup: - it'll be ok ha.

Sponsored

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
I get people think its an Aston Martin or a Jag
That I can see. You would think someone who went to Clarkson's farm shop would know something about cars šŸ˜‚

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not today but the weekend just gone, drove near 600 miles round the north west coast of Scotland. Paid 206.9 per litre for SUL in Ullapool ! Saw a couple of mustangs over the trip, one on the A9 heading south as I was heading north, chatted to an owner, from Newcastle I think? in a cafe in LochCarron and then waved at another Mustang owner just at the roundabout at Inverness after filling up for the run home. Weather was mostly pants but got up the Applecross (crap weather but at least i could see the road ahead) on the Sunday after staying in the huts Saturday night. Car did good though some of the single track roads felt awfully narrow

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
not today but the weekend just gone, drove near 600 miles round the north west coast of Scotland. Paid 206.9 per litre for SUL in Ullapool ! Saw a couple of mustangs over the trip, one on the A9 heading south as I was heading north, chatted to an owner, from Newcastle I think? in a cafe in LochCarron and then waved at another Mustang owner just at the roundabout at Inverness after filling up for the run home. Weather was mostly pants but got up the Applecross (crap weather but at least i could see the road ahead) on the Sunday after staying in the huts Saturday night. Car did good though some of the single track roads felt awfully narrow
Wow you're brave. I took my i30n round Apple Ross but not sure I would want to take the Mustang. It was hairy in a hatchback

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Wow you're brave. I took my i30n round Apple Ross but not sure I would want to take the Mustang. It was hairy in a hatchback
aye I know what you mean. The Mustang is a fair bit bigger in all dimensions from the MR2 I used to hoon about up there but campervans get over the Pass and along the coast road so I figured I just needed to focus and get on with it. Single track roads never felt so narrow ha.

Coast road in as we were coming from the North and I wasn't taking the long way round to the south face to find the summit covered in mist with zero visibility leading up to it. Weather was still rubbish at sea level but at least i knew i could see the road ahead (apart from the blind corners and equally blind crests obv). Yep, weather was not kind to us but I've seen it worse.

coastRoad.jpg

Next morning the weather was better and it looked clear so off we set on the hunt for breakfast via the summit and of course the summit was a howling gale and driving rain but stopped to take a picture. Have to say, the north face road is bit narrower and the edges more broken up than i ever remember it being. Damned camper vans!

summit.jpg

Applecross complete, both routes. Onwards for breakfast in Lochcarron!
complete.jpg

edit: technically the Bealach na Ba (Pass of the Cattle) runs more of a West to East direction so the Applecross side ascent / decent route is narrower than the Lochcarron side but there's not a lot in it!
Sponsored

Last edited: