What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
different keyfob but the unlock / lock principle will be the same thank you. As i said, my daily keyfob has a cover and a keyring on it and the keyring needs a screwdriver to take that apart so i'll be stuffed trying to do that if i can't get into the car without the fob. That's something i didn't think i'd need to worry about. I have learned, will change out the loop. The keyfob shown in your video I wouldnt have that issue but my keyfobs are not like that one so yeah i'll need to change the attachments
Man fails to RTFM

Man gets angry with Ford

:wink:
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Man fails to RTFM

Man gets angry with Ford

:wink:
man had two keyfobs fail at same time, RTFM has nothing to do with that. It also doesn't take away from the sht design of the keyfob and the crapo battery life. The second un-used keyfob was a new one with a little over 2yrs ownership by me and it sits in the faraday pouch unused. It can be split in half to get the key easily whereas the daly one cannot. Maybe the dealership fitted used batteries to my newly ordered keyfob, that I didn't check when i got it 2yrs ago. Is it in the manual to check this? I have a MY17 so none of MY18 info please :giggle:

edit: remember i got into the car i just couldn't lock it so it go left on the driveway while i used the g/f's Kia. It has a proper key and fob, retractable key on a push button. Simple and works. I'm at least half that previous statement, be kind lol

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
man had two keyfobs fail at same time, RTFM has nothing to do with that. It also doesn't take away from the sht design of the keyfob and the crapo battery life. The second un-used keyfob was a new one with a little over 2yrs ownership by me and it sits in the faraday pouch unused. It can be split in half to get the key easily whereas the daly one cannot. Maybe the dealership fitted used batteries to my newly ordered keyfob, that I didn't check when i got it 2yrs ago. Is it in the manual to check this? I have a MY17 so none of MY18 info please :giggle:

edit: remember i got into the car i just couldn't lock it so it go left on the driveway while i used the g/f's Kia. It has a proper key and fob, retractable key on a push button. Simple and works. I'm at least half that previous statement, be kind lol
To be fair two years seems to be about the life of those button cells in a key fob, cheap ones even less. I suspect the old keyfobs were dropped because of the design as the new ones are easy to open - the joys of a post 2018 car :giggle:

Pretty sure you can lock it manually using the emergency key

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
To be fair two years seems to be about the life of those button cells in a key fob, cheap ones even less. I suspect the old keyfobs were dropped because of the design as the new ones are easy to open - the joys of a post 2018 car :giggle:

Pretty sure you can lock it manually using the emergency key
should last longer than two years shurely and esp if it's sitting doing hee haw in a pouch. Post 2018 car a little expensive lol, wonder if if the keyfobs work on previous models....

Anyhow, i got batteries yesterday and managed to get it all back together again in working (so far) order yesterday. The other set of four batteries ordered online arrive today and will be split with two placed in the car with a screwdriver, 50p and 2p piece and a pair of scissors to open the childproof battery packet. The other pair of batteries will be put beside the keyfob in the house.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
should last longer than two years shurely and esp if it's sitting doing hee haw in a pouch. Post 2018 car a little expensive lol, wonder if if the keyfobs work on previous models....

Anyhow, i got batteries yesterday and managed to get it all back together again in working (so far) order yesterday. The other set of four batteries ordered online arrive today and will be split with two placed in the car with a screwdriver, 50p and 2p piece and a pair of scissors to open the childproof battery packet. The other pair of batteries will be put beside the keyfob in the house.
Pretty sure being inside the pouch will make no difference to the life as it doesn't know it is in the bag and just similar to being out of range.

Button cells are of very different quality, some last a very short time. They are designed to have a long life doing nothing with small occasional very low power demands and are very susceptible to temperature

CR2032 Batteries Keep a Light Shining In the Window | Arrow.com

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Pretty sure being inside the pouch will make no difference to the life as it doesn't know it is in the bag and just similar to being out of range.

Button cells are of very different quality, some last a very short time. They are designed to have a long life doing nothing with small occasional very low power demands and are very susceptible to temperature

CR2032 Batteries Keep a Light Shining In the Window | Arrow.com
ah, interesting link. We've had lots of issues with the BIOS batteries dying in machines, bitlocker doesn't react well when the BIOS resets due to a dead CR2032 battery lol.
Good to know the batteries sitting doing nothing - ie not connected to anything will last a long time, bodes well for my spares even moreso that the CR2025 is a smaller capacity than the 32 you linked.
Maybe the manual / service book should have Keyfob battery replacement in line with the Body corrosion inspection ie every two years? Just a thought :giggle:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
ah, interesting link. We've had lots of issues with the BIOS batteries dying in machines, bitlocker doesn't react well when the BIOS resets due to a dead CR2032 battery lol.
This can be a real problem in some PC's as they behave very oddly. Some simply will not boot leaving you stumped, until you change the BIOS cell and they spring to life.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
This can be a real problem in some PC's as they behave very oddly. Some simply will not boot leaving you stumped, until you change the BIOS cell and they spring to life.
remote support, no hands on options = dead machine. Sigh i love technology and its fail safe methodology.

I forgot to buy lunches for this week so heading out tonight, well hopefully heading out tonight - find out how good i RTFM and watched the youtubes :crackup:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
drove it, no issues getting in/out/starting it. Overnight batteries from Sunday turned up today, yeah dead handy that. Handy spares for sure, now where is that small screwdriver that came with the fob covers...

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Further diagnostics for my suspension clunk today. After some testing and a visual inspection they did finally manage to hear what i was going on about/reproduce which was a big win.

Interestingly the nearside shock, replaced only around 6 months ago is leaking! I shall be having a chat with Ford tomorrow.

Hard to believe i could be that unlucky?! But i think it would certainly explain the pop/clunk and creak noise i’ve been hearing.

Glad to be one step closer to a resolution. Service/MOT due before the end of the year so will feel good to get this all tied up ready for action come spring 2022

BE07D79F-D42C-4D5F-82D6-413A03F921DE.jpeg
i've been getting creaking noises ever since owning the car but could never diagnose it, i'll check the shocks! thanks for the find.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i've been getting creaking noises ever since owning the car but could never diagnose it, i'll check the shocks! thanks for the find.
Funny you should comment! Had a new one fitted yesterday free of charge at Ford. Journey home it seemed ok, but need a good test drive to say for certain.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you should comment! Had a new one fitted yesterday free of charge at Ford. Journey home it seemed ok, but need a good test drive to say for certain.
Seems to be more common than it should be! certainly clunks and squeaks seem to point to shockers most times!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Seems to be more common than it should be! certainly clunks and squeaks seem to point to shockers most times!
Yep, just super unlucky to have had a new one fail so soon :crying:

Initial report is good. Had a few short drives around town yesterday and so far...no clunkity clunk.
Sponsored