Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
ha, make sure the border is open before you head North. Still no travel between England and Scotland at present but I believe it's being opened up 26th April.. Things have been known to change!
oh we made sure all the accommodation booked was free cancellation! Cautiously optimistic we are :)
looks like travel fee between the home nations happening from 26th April :whew: Just need the weather to hold for you :like:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
Did you have to completely disassemble the mirrors or is there an easier way to install the lights?
Yup, completely disassemble. You need to remove the cap, the glass, and then it's some screws. If you watch the CJ Pony Parts video it's quite easy. The first will take 45mins being really careful, the second took 10 mins!

They look good, can I assume the ones you are showing on your car are the white ones
Yeah, they're the white. On some of the Facebook groups there's the smoked, I didn't like them, they're quite a dim orange.

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Yet another trip to GT101 this afternoon.....:giggle:

Vellosa big-mouths fitted along with modified-by-me grill.

73A6674A-A2C0-42D9-BD97-E6F871F0A14C.jpeg

Also, my 5Spurs armrest extension arrived - I managed to fit that myself....... I have the trim to match the rest of my interior ready to go on over the weekend :like:

6C885852-754A-4D15-B33E-F6D922C3F743.jpeg

Benno

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Today I tightened up the 10mm bolts holding the rocker covers on. Two on the passenger side were finger tight. Itā€™s a total biatch to do with the engine in the car so it would be lovely if Ford could do it at the factory before they install the engine.
Especially as ford recognise it as a problem https://ford.oemdtc.com/4759/5-0l-oil-leaks-from-valve-cover-gasket-2015-2017-ford-mustang

Had had me thinking. Each cover is held on by 8 bolts so 16 in total of which 2 were not even close to right... after 14,000 miles. Does that suggest there may be 1 in every 8 other bolts loose on the car in less accessible places? How about the ones holding the con rods together, there are 16 of those too and I hope to god they arenā€™t finger tight.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
(Yesterday) I was also messing around with the strut brace I bought so it fits RHD without needing the spacers to clear the right side bulkhead brace :

5-CC2-ADB9-4-F84-45-E8-87-B9-EE3-B02-A60981.png

Hopefully I will drop it back at the powder coaters tomorrow for them to refinish it in black :like:

WD :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Dropped off at Peter Stirland Ford in Hungerford this morning. Creaking/knocking coming from the pass side rear. Had a 5 min convo with the technician, and demonstrated said noise by bouncing the rear end. He suspects is the shocks, but they'll be physically examining anyway so will confirm later what they find!

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Kristian87

I have a knock sound, which sounds as if it comes from the N/S.

Dealer diagnosed it as the rear ARB moving in the O/S bush.
Waiting to replace the bush.

Dealer says no stock in the U.K.
Seems Ford has yet to revise which parts it stores in the U.K. and with experience of a recent parts order, some of which had to come from the E.U.
I can report delays of up to 2 months!
Ordered part mid Jan, arrived from E.U. mid March.

Ask the Tech to look at the rear ARB bushes.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Cheers @Supersolo

that doesnā€™t surprise me based on all the research iā€™ve done.

parts have always been a pain, they usually have to source from germany for the less common mustang parts

update from today anyway:

they called mid afternoon which was the first chance they had to get it in the workshop. It had been sat out in the rain all day and they seemed to think that was why they couldnā€™t reproduce any noise like I did when i dropped the car off at 8am

could make some sense, iā€™ve done best part of 1k miles of varied driving in nothing but dry weather

Hopefully itā€™s a case of some lubrication in the right places, watch this space

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
update: after an initial struggle to replicate the noise, technician did manage to do it and has diagnosed the fault as the shock absorber. Parts in stock and will be at the garage tomorrow for fitting.

I'm always naturally skeptical of these things, but I do have faith in this technician. I know he'll do a thorough post install test.

For those curious, that will set me back Ā£289 inc parts, labor and fitting. I know there's a premium that comes with oem parts direct from ford and their labor charges but all in all, if that does resolve my issue, I'm happy with that spend.

Thinking back...the time I noticed this noise was after my first big outing following a few months of barely driving it due to lockdown. I do remember taking the back roads and meeting a fair few pot holes and a few nasty spots on the A34. May have been a result of that.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Kristian87

Glad you've indentified the cause of the sound.

Coincidently, this morning I thought I'd change-out the " Loose " bush on the RR ARB....

Backround alert!
I've had the rear ARB changed and new bushes installed.
Ford parts, at a Ford dealership.

I've now discovered, the reason the bush is loose, resulting in a clunk/knock sound over undultating surfaces is...... the bush isn't properly fixed to the sub frame.
The riv-nut has spun-out!

This is exactly why I avoid specifying riv-nuts in my design work and especially for higher torque applications and poor access locations.

0/10 again, Ford vehicle Engineering design dept!!
Sponsored