What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I had to repalce one of mine as the clip had broke and it was hanging a little loose :frown: I have a 2020 so mine are the flat type anyway.
So, the "flat" ones are all you can get now and they work for earlier years? Any plusses or minuses over the earlier ones? Easier/harder to install, etc.?

I suspect these things degrade from opening/closing the doors. My 2016 with 30k miles driver side is starting to go but the passenger side which has probably been opened and closed less than 50 times is still perfect.

Just how tiny is the pony? Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?

Advertisement

WD Pro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, the "flat" ones are all you can get now and they work for earlier years? Any plusses or minuses over the earlier ones? Easier/harder to install, etc.?

I suspect these things degrade from opening/closing the doors. My 2016 with 30k miles driver side is starting to go but the passenger side which has probably been opened and closed less than 50 times is still perfect.

Just how tiny is the pony? Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?
I don't know about the new / old compatibility, but based on the new type the lens is tiny (maybe 6mm or so), so you would need to be 'very' accurate with the sharpie and I suspect the ink wouldn't be dense enough to block the light completely :frown:

Nothing to loose if trying it on an old unit you are going to replace anyway though :like:

WD :like:

Tom.GT

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
GT
Could you just sharpie whatever chipped off and lets light thru?
I believe the flat / updated version is the only ones you can get, it’s certainly the only ones you want - I read that Ford redesigned to stop the pony distortion.
EXACTLY the same to install.
I don’t think you could sharpie, no. Too small as WD says.

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I believe the flat / updated version is the only ones you can get, it’s certainly the only ones you want - I read that Ford redesigned to stop the pony distortion.
EXACTLY the same to install.
I don’t think you could sharpie, no. Too small as WD says.
Glad to hear they improved them. The pic of the older ones look like there is a separate piece with the lens that snaps into a larger piece with the electrical connections that goes into the mirror. When I saw that made me curious if the change was to make you replace more than needed, but if the new ones have a longer lifetime, I don't care.

WD Pro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Added some wallpapers. I don’t know why I was so against Sync2 - I love it. Much better than my last car’s touchscreen (Alfa uConnect)
6B6633A7-BC31-41D2-890A-D56DFDF0E774.jpeg
I wish we could add our own backgrounds in the latest SYNC ... :sunglasses:

WD Pro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Been a while since I "re-imagined" a UI, but for sure, Sync 3 can be done.
:rockon:
If you know a way on 3.4, please let me know :like: :sunglasses:

From a non programming / non techie guy, I can’t imagine it being hard to implement and I am sure Ford would have made a lot of people happy by including the option :like:

HoosierDaddy

Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you know a way on 3.4, please let me know :like: :sunglasses:

From a non programming / non techie guy, I can’t imagine it being hard to implement and I am sure Ford would have made a lot of people happy by including the option
Not these day, at least in the US. Someone would load a confederate flag because they liked the Dukes of Hazard. Next thing you know, anybody who owns a Ford is just as racist as the company that allowed that. LoL.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Went off to the new coffee shop in Newbury, full of luxury cars! Stunning GT350R sat inside. Had a good chat with a few car guys. Felt like a bit of a meet which was cool

86A8B437-73D9-4AA8-B265-DE35F69D2D39.jpeg

Also got an old photo edited by a friend, worth posting here because it’s bangin

D6FD8CD9-F65B-48C7-98BB-863096C888EC.jpeg

s1ms

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Went off to the new coffee shop in Newbury, full of luxury cars! Stunning GT350R sat inside. Had a good chat with a few car guys. Felt like a bit of a meet which was cool
A good place for cars and coffee type meeting then eh? ;)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
A good place for cars and coffee type meeting then eh? ;)
it’s perfect! I know @Twin Turbo has a mustang meet in mind. Got a driving simulator inside which looks fun

Fee very lucky to have that pop up, literally less than a mile from my flat

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, I went there before lockdown and its a great place. I've spoken to the owner and they are more than happy for us to organise a meet there. I'll wait until we can actually sit inside, so I guess that'll be June. For now, it's just "random" non-organised meets, with no hanging around inside.

They did put this photo on their FB page this evening.........someone with a Bullitt visited over the weekend :)
Bullitt.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And a few from my previous visit............as I understand it, all the cars are owned by the owner of Podium Place. He figured if he was paying for storage, he may as well pay for a building that can make a few quid. The cars are his pension fund and all are for sale at the right price (albeit there are no price tags on the cars).

They opened last summer and managed about a month's business before Covid restrictions saw them having to close. So its good to see them open again.
GT350.jpg
IMG_4551.jpg
IMG_4552.jpg
IMG_4553.jpg
IMG_4554.jpg
IMG_4555.jpg
IMG_4556.jpg
IMG_4557.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg
IMG_4560.jpg

Advertisement

200 - Redline360 - 2