Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its bent so its probably something yodel have delivered and now you'll have to arrange a return/replacement ? :)
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
its bent so its probably something yodel have delivered and now you'll have to arrange a return/replacement ? :)
Lol, well it turned up at the office today and annoyingly I wasn't there! A colleague had a quick look and said it seems ok, but I'll have a proper look tomorrow. Apparently not very well wrapped - spoiler in a plastic bag, in a box.

OEM GT350 track pack spoiler. Will be accompanied by gloss black badges all round...watch this space!

EDIT: spoiler survived the journey. Although the finish has suffered from the poor packaging, few cosmetic scuffs here & there. Looks like it will polish out ok though. Always have the option of painting it too! Annoying as the OEM spoiler isn't cheap, you would think that they'd at least package it in a way that keeps it a bit more pristine!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
So today I had my seat repaired after FOrd broke it by kneeling on it. Ive been told there is new foam installed. Looks great. However, the heated seat feels barely warm now. FFS! What could they have done to upset this? The relay clicks as does the passenger side but that gets really toasty.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
So today I had my seat repaired after FOrd broke it by kneeling on it. Ive been told there is new foam installed. Looks great. However, the heated seat feels barely warm now. FFS! What could they have done to upset this? The relay clicks as does the passenger side but that gets really toasty.
superb ford attention to detail and pride in their work strikes again.

there's a recessed area the heating pad sits inside they've probably not pushed it fully in so its not touching the bottom of the foam you should be able to do it yourself by reaching around underneath i think there's a seat teardown thread somewhere on here in one of the yank sections that shows you what i mean.

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
superb ford attention to detail and pride in their work strikes again.

there's a recessed area the heating pad sits inside they've probably not pushed it fully in so its not touching the bottom of the foam you should be able to do it yourself by reaching around underneath i think there's a seat teardown thread somewhere on here in one of the yank sections that shows you what i mean.
Yup, I will not use them for any more work. Ill see if I can find that guide, thanks!!

My braided lines arrived today so I will be off to Demon Performance this week to get them installed.
BrakeLines.jpg

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Last piece of the puzzle ordered today from Nemesis;

gt badge.JPG

Now have everything I need to "de-chrome". Along with the GT350 track pack spoiler...

Also booked in for yet another warranty item...got my airbag warning light staying on :headbang: hopefully ford can diagnose/fix easily. Guessing it's just a loose connection somewhere.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
while scrolling through the menu today I found the auto wiper setting - turned that damned thing off. Slightest bit of rain and wipers are full chant, now much better on manual control. Happiness is :like: Also got it serviced as I didn't much like the service it got when I bought it last least. Pretty sure I was quoted an ex VAT price for this service which is annoying, wont fall for that trick again. Shame about the weather, bloody storm Bob or something or another now:curse:.

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
while scrolling through the menu today I found the auto wiper setting - turned that damned thing off. Slightest bit of rain and wipers are full chant, now much better on manual control. Happiness is :like: Also got it serviced as I didn't much like the service it got when I bought it last least. Pretty sure I was quoted an ex VAT price for this service which is annoying, wont fall for that trick again. Shame about the weather, bloody storm Bob or something or another now:curse:.

Sounds like something is wrong with the rain sensor. Iā€™ve never had this issue with either of my S550 Mustangs

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
possibly but I have gone old skool on it so now I'm happy lol. Splash on the RainX and we're good to go :sunglasses:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think auto wipers are a very personal thing - love them or hate them ...

I donā€™t like them, never have and canā€™t see it changing, there always turned off on my current car and will be on the mustang.

Im also in the rain x gang. Itā€™s like the auto wipers think you need a sweep when you donā€™t, its actually very rare I use the wipers at all !

My GF on the other hand is the complete opposite - full speed wipers when the first drop lands on the screen. I rain xā€™d her screen once and it was a completely pointless exercise ā€˜itā€™s raining so the wipers are going onā€™ ... lol

WD :like:

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
I think auto wipers are a very personal thing - love them or hate them ...

I donā€™t like them, never have and canā€™t see it changing, there always turned off on my current car and will be on the mustang.

Im also in the rain x gang. Itā€™s like the auto wipers think you need a sweep when you donā€™t, its actually very rare I use the wipers at all !

My GF on the other hand is the complete opposite - full speed wipers when the first drop lands on the screen. I rain xā€™d her screen once and it was a completely pointless exercise ā€˜itā€™s raining so the wipers are going onā€™ ... lol

WD :like:

Used to swear by rain-x as well till i had a massive accident in my old Porsche because of rain-x.

Had cleaned the whole car and put rain-x on all the windows and then in the afternoon left to go on holiday to north Wales.

Almost at the Welsh Border on the M55 and the heavens opened, backed off a chunk as I do in the rain, but next thing I know I'm spinning like some ice dancer doing a triple quadruple salko, bouncing off the central reservation and a couple of cars before coming to rest half on the hard shoulder half in the verge.

Got out to ring the police and then saw the standing water was probably 2 inches deep in places, but i had just not realised how heavy the rain actually had been as the rain-x had worked peerlessly so I had not needed to put on the wipers at all.

Never used Rain-x since so I know exactly what the weather is like.
Sponsored