The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Had the trims on for over 2 years they've been pretty decent!

Nah the black pony gets lost on the decklid, i'm quite happy with it in chrome just for the sake of the badges (Front ones a tribar :D)

edit: I would only consider red but i'm not a massive fan of coloured badges (@WD Pro)

Are you not tempted with the black horse badge on the rear deck lid to keep with the red and black look ?

It’s coming on really well now I like the painted gloss black trims just hope they hold up ok for you with the stone chips.
Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
just heard from Ron at STS imports, my mountain of parts has cleared customs and he's going to shove it on a pallet and get it shipped up to me now :) soon be time to get the engine out and start dismantling stuff. Guess now's a good time to sort a fuel system out too as thats the only bit I haven't done yet.
what you doing then Hinch?

Sounds big and interesting!!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
probably blowing the engine knowing my luck but we'll see :)
Blowing it up, with a leaf blower, or with a charger ;)?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Blowing it up, with a leaf blower, or with a charger ;)?
bit of a hybrid, was gonna TT it but couldn't be arsed making my own exhaust manifolds as nobody makes turbo manifolds for RHD cars *effort* but I didn't want the instant torque of a normal charger due to the dogshit roads the UK has i wanted to be able to drive "off boost" or just adjust the blowoffs to 0.5psi and effectively stop it going into boost which you can't do with a normal SC.

so best option I could find was a centri blower gone with one of the vortech centri's yanks have broke 1k with the setup i've gone for think i'll be fuel limited over here and popping octane booster more than a junkie with a good score but we'll see when it comes down to mapping but i suspect with our fuel even with boosters and the fact its going to have triple 450's pushing fuel in i'm not going to get much past 800/850 ish also got 18 manifold, another set of CompA cams, mahle pistons and rods and the whole rotating assembly is coming out and going off for balancing.

still "todo" list is port the 18 manifold and get the heads out for polishing and porting and harder valve springs in, and I need to order some MMR bracing assemblies, also need new half shafts and prop shaft and clutch thankfully most of that is off the shelf stuff so i can get pretty quickly. but the car is probably going to be off road for quite a while so i can do the work (unless I just get bored and ship it to someone to do it for me but tbh I'd like to do this myself)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Full on build then! Yeah fuel over here sucks, see what your tuner says about meth kitting if you want 'more' out of it, or look towards our good friend the blue (NoS) lol! Most of the time it's fuel, pump, injector limiting these cars.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought shell v power was supposed to be good, does it not compare well to other euro and USA offerings ?

WD :like:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I thought shell v power was supposed to be good, does it not compare well to other euro and USA offerings ?

Shell vpower and other 99 octanes comes nowhere near to Ethanol fueling (E85). You also have 'race gas' which is slightly better than vpower as well at 109 octane rating usually.

Each come with their limiting factors like struggling to turn on in colder climates, auxillary fueling etc, and naturally in the uK being... you can't get it at the pump!

Which is usually why for forced induction in the UK you see an upsurge of methanol or NOS kits because it's a quicker way to both run cooler denser fueling in the chamber, but also boost the octane to allow for greater spark retardation, more fuel into a cylinder, and thus as a biproduct, MOAR POWARRR!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ah sorry, I was ignoring corn and race fuel :like:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Full on build then! Yeah fuel over here sucks, see what your tuner says about meth kitting if you want 'more' out of it, or look towards our good friend the blue (NoS) lol! Most of the time it's fuel, pump, injector limiting these cars.
i think for doing drags i'll use some race fuel probably shell blue but for street driving daily it'll be just vpower + octane booster and a different map to pull all the power out. I thought about meth but that has its own issues where as long as I stick with "normal" fuel the fueling system is pretty easy. Just some pumps, AN lines, Y splitters and a pressure regulator and return lines (already got some custom billet fuel rails and ID1050's for injectors.

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Pretty sure I wasted my time installing an AFE high flow dry air filter today. The stock filter looks very high flowing despite being thicker and the OEM intake design looks spot on, so not sure this will do anything except be marginally louder. Didn't bother removing the carbon filter either as it doesn't look like it blocks anything really.

I also installed a UPR catch can which seems like it was a good idea as the OEM Ford hose already had oil in it, and the car only has 765 miles on it!

I was also going to install the BMR CB-007 front lower subframe brace today but I don't have a 15/16" socket and wrench! Damn Imperial sizes, haha.

IMG_20200118_121555077.jpg

IMG_20200118_121610713.jpg

IMG_20200118_125709415.jpg

IMG_20200118_130826389.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Was the AFE easy to source in the UK ? :like:

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Was the AFE easy to source in the UK ? :like:

I bought it from Nemesis. The cost was basically the same as me buying it from Corona, California and shipping it all the way over here myself. It's a nice unit but not sure it will do much even if people have previously said they have gained 5-7hp from an air filter swap.
Sponsored