Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A little early but had my third service today @ 21.5k miles. Oil life was down to zero percent, and I had a freebie service to use up so thought I may as well.

As always, excellent service from Peter Stirland in Hungerford. Everything in good working order :)

Blimey.....you've racked those up quickly! Another 500 miles and you'll match my S197's mileage :giggle:
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Blimey.....you've racked those up quickly! Another 500 miles and you'll match my S197's mileage :giggle:
Eye watering i know...
Gotta drive to hastings and back over the weekend so wont be long til i overtake ya haha

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
changed out the Pirelli P zero deathtraps for Michelin's MP4S - all around ...

Thanks to #Spider (Richard) for the tyres and #Hinch (Dave) for the recommendation of mobile fitter!! ---- https://tyres-2-drive-mobile-tyre-fitting-service.business.site/

on the Pirellis - found a nail in nearside rear - right through and another one (not through) in the sidewall of the drivers side!

Luckily neither had caused a puncture - deflation!

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
At GT101 again today........ Pedders anti-roll bars today :like:

5DB55809-4083-4049-A08D-1DD45C04992F.jpeg

E9F853FA-DD01-4EB3-9589-F730A5405270.jpeg

And also parked up next to the GT350R there :rockon:

1B58ECD3-C4DC-4374-BB62-497A9FCCCA54.jpeg

Benno

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Picked up my 2019 Mustang GT from a detailer this evening. Paint was lightly corrected, PPF on the front bumper, headlights, bonnet and wing mirrors, and then all ceramic coated including the wheels and brake calipers.

The paint from the factory is truly terrible but the guys managed to clean it up pretty well. It looks like my bonnet is a little tight so I'll have to loosen the bonnet catch for a more symmetrical fit.

1574937810730_Image~2.jpg

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Fixed the bonnet catch for a better sitting bonnet. Not perfect but significantly better and probably 85% there and not perceivable to most other people.

Then drove the car to a pub for lunch. It's a real treat cruising in it even though I'm limited to about 4000 RPM as I still have less than 200 miles on the car. The Magneride is magical.

I was ordering a strut brace and went out to have a look and noticed that the UK cars get the black metal cowl brace which is what does about 80% of the work anyhow. Wow! How lucky to discover that!

I need to get some miles on this car soon before we get snow as I cannot wait to experience a pull to the redline.

In other news, I have ordered a few goodies such as a Ford Performance T2-R Torsen, 4.09 gears, BMR 2 point subframe brace kit, BMR cradle bushing lockout kit and Ford Racing toe knuckle bearings. They will take forever to arrive but I'm looking forward to using them in spring and summer!
IMG_20191201_145533803_HDR~3.jpg
61+mRjC+cOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Fixed the bonnet catch for a better sitting bonnet. Not perfect but significantly better and probably 85% there and not perceivable to most other people.

Then drove the car to a pub for lunch. It's a real treat cruising in it even though I'm limited to about 4000 RPM as I still have less than 200 miles on the car. The Magneride is magical.

I was ordering a strut brace and went out to have a look and noticed that the UK cars get the black metal cowl brace which is what does about 80% of the work anyhow. Wow! How lucky to discover that!

I need to get some miles on this car soon before we get snow as I cannot wait to experience a pull to the redline.

In other news, I have ordered a few goodies such as a Ford Performance T2-R Torsen, 4.09 gears, BMR 2 point subframe brace kit, BMR cradle bushing lockout kit and Ford Racing toe knuckle bearings. They will take forever to arrive but I'm looking forward to using them in spring and summer!
IMG_20191201_145533803_HDR~3.jpg
61+mRjC+cOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Nice mods list watching this with interest to see how you fair with these changes. Looks great in white are you tempted with blue stripes ? Always like the white and blue stripe combo

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Picked up my 2019 Mustang GT from a detailer this evening. Paint was lightly corrected, PPF on the front bumper, headlights, bonnet and wing mirrors, and then all ceramic coated including the wheels and brake calipers.

The paint from the factory is truly terrible but the guys managed to clean it up pretty well. It looks like my bonnet is a little tight so I'll have to loosen the bonnet catch for a more symmetrical fit.

1574937810730_Image~2.jpg

Just be a little careful with loosening it too far, once you do start using the revs and start getting a move on you will find the bonnet flap is quite bad on a mustang,

I have had to tighten my bonnet down even further in the middle to try to cut down on the flap, and am now seriously looking at bonnet pins to hold down the sides better.

Loosening the bonnet in the middle does immediately worry me. Never actually heard of a bonnet coming undone at speed on a Mustang, but there is always that first time.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you don't need to losen it you just need to slacken the 10mm bolts off holding the body side clip in place and then slide the clip up higher then tighten back down.
there's a good how to on here with pictures etc somewhere i'm sure if you use the search function it'll pop up

Sponsored

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Fair point about bonnet flutter. I experienced that on my RX-7 above 110 mph on a track and installed small clips to keep the edges of the bonnet down. I will make sure to look out for that on the Mustang and if there is an issue I will adjust the bonnet.

I didn't slacken the bonnet catch, merely undid the 10mm bolts, moved the catch up, and re-torqued the 10mm bolts.

Entai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT kona Blue, A10, Magneride, CP 2. Daily Driver
Fair point about bonnet flutter. I experienced that on my RX-7 above 110 mph on a track and installed small clips to keep the edges of the bonnet down. I will make sure to look out for that on the Mustang and if there is an issue I will adjust the bonnet.

I didn't slacken the bonnet catch, merely undid the 10mm bolts, moved the catch up, and re-torqued the 10mm bolts.
I understand what you meant, and how to adjust, I am just saying when I did that to get the alignment looking neater, the flap increased considerably, so I not only moved it all back to where it started but moved it down even further, so alignment is all to cock completely, but the flap is greatly reduced, yet not eliminated completely as yet.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Installed a couple of JLT 3.0 Oil Separators and swapped out the old US Spec Decklid with Gloss Black Emblem for a Ford Racing one.

Very happy.
20191208_131641.jpg
View attachment 417625
20191208_131648.jpg
20191208_131908.jpg
20191208_131634.jpg
20191208_120636.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Visited my fave dealership this afternoon...I didn't say anything last week because I was sulking, but I ran over a small deer last Friday night - already dead but lying in the middle of my lane, it was dark and my high beams were not on so I saw it last minute and wend straight over it! Clattered the rear as I went over it and ending up unclipping some of the rear bumper, ripped off a plastic bracket and I lost a few push clips. Worst part was one of the plastic retainer tabs on the rear bumper - by the taillight, has slightly snapped, so I have a few mm gap where there was no gap before. Anyway...VERY lucky escape all things considered. It was up on the ramp today at Ford and no additional damage past what I discovered last weekend - just a few clumps of deer hair wedged in certain places!

Parts ordered for the plastic bracket - probably ÂŁ20 worth + a 10 min install, and then the tech said he could sort the bumper - which is effectively now the "bumper sag" issue a few people have had. Easy fix but about an hours labor to pull off all the parts and do the fix - I shall leave that one for next year I think.

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Ramp.jpg
Sponsored