What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Interior needed some TLC, so I started with the interior glass - good god it was difficult but it's looking a lot better than it was! Hoover, wipe down with some interior detailer then I gave the seats a bit of a treat...

Had this stuff for a while & decided to use it today; a foaming cleaner & a leather conditioner. The cleaner worked well, pulled off a fair bit of dirt. Really impressed with the leather conditioner, went on nice - not at all greasy, left the leather a deep dark black and it smells nice too! I wiped over it after applying with a separate sponge applicator to take off some of the sheen. Really happy with it :) Can really see the difference too - I didn't do the back seats, and they look a little dull in comparison.

IMG_5792.jpg

Then I fitted my GT350 shifter - that I've had for a few months! Looks really nice in the flesh :love: a fair bit taller than the stock shift knob, so no idea what it will be like to drive with!

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

Can you do mine? :thumbsup:

Very nice:cheers:
Sponsored

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Spent the day fixing the facelift spoiler to my bootlid.I previously had it sprayed up.Was'nt as easy as the track pack spoiler because thats just in one and the 18 has a central support.I had to make a template but its fairly straightforward if you take your time.
20180715_184551-1600x1200.jpg
20180715_184524-1600x1200.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Used my new water filter (11 litre resin filled, 0 ppm) today. Just jet-washed the dust off, but there doesn't appear to be any water spots. Impressed so far, but not sure how long it'll last. Better results than the Aqua gleam I bought a while ago.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DI-Press...m=112272583224&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I'd do the seats, not the fecking windows again :lol:

I find windows a pain as well. Awkward positioning and really difficult to get steak free for some reason.

Do you think the conditioner 'soaked in'? I avoided using conditioner myself on the mustang seats, as I swear they look like some sort of 'plasti-leather compound'

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Do you think the conditioner 'soaked in'? I avoided using conditioner myself on the mustang seats, as I swear they look like some sort of 'plasti-leather compound'
Yes. Soaked in a treat...as it was a nice warm day, I left the doors wide open for a few hours

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'd do the seats, not the fecking windows again :lol:

I assume you specifically mean the rear window where you have to be a yoga guru to be able to actually get into reach it let alone get down to the bottom

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Used my new water filter (11 litre resin filled, 0 ppm) today. Just jet-washed the dust off, but there doesn't appear to be any water spots. Impressed so far, but not sure how long it'll last. Better results than the Aqua gleam I bought a while ago.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DI-Press...m=112272583224&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Monty - I hope it DOES work! ÂŁ93!!!

thats a lot of paid hours to rub off water marks IMHO btw - a very diluted mix with vinegar also prevents water spotting (but it does stink!! - he he):D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I assume you specifically mean the rear window where you have to be a yoga guru to be able to actually get into reach it let alone get down to the bottom
Well, windows in general really. The rear is a whole other ball game. I did however find a good technique...if right handed, lay on your back with your left shoulder closest to the rear window, use right arm to wipe across (side to side) - it's the only position that came anywhere near comfortable!

Although my glass is a lot better than it was, I have the joy of having the sun either directly in front or behind me on my work commute so I get to see any areas that are not crystal clear, still a few streaks here and there which is annoying - spent bloody ages yesterday on it! Should be cleaning the car later in the week, so I'll have another go! Outside is worse at the moment...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I find passenger and drivers are easy and I haven't touched front or rear since detailers did it i'll wait till its so cloudy i can't see out of it then take it back to them to redo :)

i'm too fat to fuck around trying to fit.

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered myself a set of Conti ExtremeContact DWS 06's, to pick up in New York this week.

Working away at sea has some advantages. The disadvantage being I wont get to put them on the car until September...

Looking back up-thread, I didn't find myself having to shift too many trim panels to install a front/rear Thinkware F800 - the worst bit was concealing the extra cable for the rear camera behind the headliner. I placed my camera just behind the rear view, centrally - I can't see how that's going to be an MOT failure down the line as it is actually obscured by the rear view mirror from the driver's POV.
You have a 2018 with the camera housing taking up all the room? Because I can only assume we're looking at totally different things.

Sponsored

Alexb83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 S550 Mustang
You have a 2018 with the camera housing taking up all the room? Because I can only assume we're looking at totally different things.
No - a 2017. Is there that much more in the way on the 2018?

Alexb83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 S550 Mustang
Quite a bit different - is that the adaptive cruise control setup that takes up more space?

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Quite a bit different - is that the adaptive cruise control setup that takes up more space?
Adaptive cruise control, GPS/modem, rain sensor maybe some other things (I see 2 cameras on the outside of the car). I'm surprised there's not a radar... or at least, I don't see one anywhere on the car.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Adaptive cruise control, GPS/modem, rain sensor maybe some other things (I see 2 cameras on the outside of the car). I'm surprised there's not a radar... or at least, I don't see one anywhere on the car.
The radar is behind the closed part of the lower grill which is invisible to the radar.
Sponsored