Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
good stuff i'm dreading ringing the insurance the excess is only £50 but if its a £1500 windows i'm just waiting for them to say actually we won't cover that you gotta pay up
The cost of the front screen as a ford part only is £1304 plus the vat and then whatever cost the windscreen company want to charge. My screen is on order via national windscreens and will hopefully be fitted next week.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
The cost of the front screen as a ford part only is £1304 plus the vat and then whatever cost the windscreen company want to charge. My screen is on order via national windscreens and will hopefully be fitted next week.
still not rang them can't bring myself to generate this much bother. knowing me i'll probably wait until it cracks totally.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I called my dealer and put an extra £3k deposit down on my MBNA card. So that is now sorted and out of my mind. The card will be locked in a little box and a direct debit set-up so I can just forget about it. :lol:

I also asked if my car was a 2019 or 2018 model. He said he can't tell me for sure since it hasn't budged anywhere in the production chain yet, which points to it being a 2019 as the 18s are done. I did place the order on March 5th, the day they 18s stopped, and if it hasn't budged anywhere yet then it'll be on the same line as the UK 19s that will ramp up in, what, June? July?

Regardless, it wont change what spec I've ordered. Though it may mean it'll arrive much later than expected. January or February 2019 if the time-scales of MY18 deliveries are any indication.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I called my dealer and put an extra £3k deposit down on my MBNA card. So that is now sorted and out of my mind. The card will be locked in a little box and a direct debit set-up so I can just forget about it. :lol:

I also asked if my car was a 2019 or 2018 model. He said he can't tell me for sure since it hasn't budged anywhere in the production chain yet, which points to it being a 2019 as the 18s are done. I did place the order on March 5th, the day they 18s stopped, and if it hasn't budged anywhere yet then it'll be on the same line as the UK 19s that will ramp up in, what, June? July?

Regardless, it wont change what spec I've ordered. Though it may mean it'll arrive much later than expected. January or February 2019 if the time-scales of MY18 deliveries are any indication.
Still could be a 18 as I think they are building them to the middle of June at least as someone had a June build date and I think he ordered in February, mine has not moved either, going to get close to wire if they are going to build mine as they have no choice it has to be a 18 or they will not build it as they discontinued the colour for 19 :shrug:

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Still could be a 18 as I think they are building them to the middle of June at least as someone had a June build date and I think he ordered in February, mine has not moved either, going to get close to wire if they are going to build mine as they have no choice it has to be a 18 or they will not build it as they discontinued the colour for 19 :shrug:
They don't build them in chronological order, given how the original run of cars were built when the S550 was launched. Since yours has options discontinued on the 18, they'll push cars like mine back to squeeze yours in before it all switches over to 19.

December maybe? 6 months ?
My original prospective delivery dates were September to December this year. If it's right at the end of the 18 production cycle, then I may not get it until 2019. I'm in no immediate rush to get it in all honestly. The longer I wait, the more cash I save up for deposit.

However, if they basically throw my 18 in with the 19s, thus technically making it a 19, then I probably wont see it until March! 12 month wait. Woof. :faint:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
They don't build them in chronological order, given how the original run of cars were built when the S550 was launched. Since yours has options discontinued on the 18, they'll push cars like mine back to squeeze yours in before it all switches over to 19
If you order the right colour it could already be made or in the production schedule, as Ford build cars with no custom orders, so they can be claimed by any dealer, if you ordered OF there was 4 or 5 unallocated last time I looked, there was also a few other colour, but no TY

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Went to my mates garage to use the ramp and fit my side markers:thumbsup:
308_DFBA1-_FD45-456_E-_BEC1-78_FFEDDB8198.jpg

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Today, I drove mine to work - because now I can :cool:

Updated my detailing arsenal too...

Karcher K4 pressure washer
Autobrite foam lance

A few Adams polishes bits (I'm addicted to their products now)
- detail spray
- H20 Guard & Gloss
- Wheel cleaner
- ultra foam shampoo
- microfiber "hand" for cleaning the interior

Hoping to get a good detailing session in before Donington but that's dependent on this fine english weather :lol:

roubleking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 2017 Magnetic Grey
Good to hear Kristian, enjoy!

What do you use to clean/protect the exterior grey plastic trims around the bottom of the sills, and front and rear bumpers?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Good to hear Kristian, enjoy!

What do you use to clean/protect the exterior grey plastic trims around the bottom of the sills, and front and rear bumpers?
Hey mate, I have a couple of products which I haven't used yet for the trims - only got them recently;

Adams tire & rubber cleaner; I can tell you it works wonders on tires, gets all the grime off ready for a nice tire dressing. Also good for plastic trim. https://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/products/adams-new-tire-rubber-cleaner

Adams "VRT" (Vinyl, rubber & trim); trim dressing that will darken & protect trim. Can be used on tires too https://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/products/adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing

I also picked up some Autoglym "intensive tar remover" for any stubborn bits. You'll see in the pic below I still have a bit of a stain from the crap that leaked out of the doors whilst the car was in transit from the US, should get that off & also help me remove the sticky pads holding my current plates on - got some nice new pressed plates to go on :D

Anyway, when I eventually have time, i'll be giving all the trim some TLC - including the rubber window surrounds - it'll get the same treatment.
IMG_4508.PNG

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Fitted an £8 wheel arch liner clip :(

WP_20180426_20_33_13_Pro.jpg
i need 4 of those :frusty: £8????? :eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Sponsored