Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
A bit of American Muscle:thumbsup:

Spooky. Driving through a residential street in Macclesfield today’s i passed a house where the owner keeps two recovery truck on the street outside and it made me think of this post because of the two, one was even bigger than this thing!! A scammell explorer and a Thornycroft mighty antar mk3 tank recovery tractor. Felt a sudden urge to get into hgv off-roading ;)

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Booked the service in, Ford asked if there's anything i wanted them to check.... So they've been given the list regarding the rear clunk, and the every now and then squeeak when the car comes to a full stop. We'll see if they can find the issue.

Also began my 3day clean of the car. it's been a while since she's been cleaned, and even longer since the interior was, so today i did the interior. Full vaccum, mats cleaned, plastics freshened up, carbons been cleaned and had a whip of detail spray over it, windows cleaned, engine bay cleaned as well, and a dead @diodedynamics sidelight bulb (after a few months GRRR) had to be replaced, began to flicker.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Little victory for me today, after a lot of time, effort and complaining, Ford have finally agreed to replace my carpet :cheers:

It was a bit of "we put our hands up, we haven't sorted the problem" type of conversation, but they seem a little more eager this time to do things properly.

Sadly it's a 10 day lead time so it probably going to be the end of the month before I see it again :(

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Little victory for me today, after a lot of time, effort and complaining, Ford have finally agreed to replace my carpet :cheers:

It was a bit of "we put our hands up, we haven't sorted the problem" type of conversation, but they seem a little more eager this time to do things properly.

Sadly it's a 10 day lead time so it probably going to be the end of the month before I see it again :(
You must have the patience of a Saint..:hail:

I on the other hand would of been right out my trolley by now..and threatened to punch a few faces..:paddle::paddle:::crazy:

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Well after anticipating my USA Ford Strut brace that is only good for leaning on

The fugging parcel company have deemed it Lost in Transit...Great !!
Blueovalindustries on ebay com..have been pretty shite too..

Got to deal with twat company now.. that is eBay !! wankers the lot of em..

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I freshened up my brakes with gloss black to the discs to rear calipers, then something a little different for the front... White Brembos!

before-after.jpg

I ended up with a couple of runs on the Brembos, but I'm happy with the finish overall. Spraying the rears was much easier than painting the fronts with a brush, but I wanted to use a two-pack paint for the white to hopefully provide a hard durable finish. I ended up using the Foliatec Caliper Kit, which was handy with it coming with a new wire brush and can of brake cleaner.

calipers4.jpg

I wonder how long it be until I regret my colour choice due to perpetual cleaning!

[ame]

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
spoonex, what paint did you use on each and how easy is it really to do ?

and, where did you get the Brembo stickers ?

thanks mate.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The foliatech stuff is brilliant mate, had mine near as damn 2 years on the car now and it's not flaked or lost it's colour at all. It hardens like a rubberish finish if you try and remove it.

P.s another great video and liking the black faces on the discs, i may have to look into that when i redo my calipers red!

Last edited:

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
I used a spray can of Simoniz gloss black high temp engine enamel I had for the discs and rear calipers, and a Foliatec Caliper kit for the fronts.

Spraying is easier but takes more masking, whereas brushing requires less masking but takes longer and the finish isn’t quite as good. The Foliatec paint levels nicely though.

Difficulty depends if anything refuses to come off, I had trouble with a stubborn caliper bolt, 2 discs stuck on the hub and seized Brembo pins, but all were solved with a big hammer!

Preparation just takes a lot of wire brushing and sanding to clean off any crud and surface rust.

Brembo stickers are from eBay, there’s loads if you search ‘high temp Brembo decal’

spoonex, what paint did you use on each and how easy is it really to do ?

and, where did you get the Brembo stickers ?

thanks mate.

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Picked her up after having the new ram air hood, side scoops, strut caps and gear knob painted and installed. Also had the carbon steering wheel fixed and painted black. Over the moon with the results. :love:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Picked her up after having the new ram air hood, side scoops, strut caps and gear knob painted and installed. Also had the carbon steering wheel fixed and painted black. Over the moon with the results. :love:

Hi Great looking job and paint work finish. I am looking to do the same hood on my supercharged mustang. Where did you order yours from and can I ask what sort of price are we looking at for tax and shipping etc.:cheers:
Sponsored