What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I’ve been using Gtechniq products which are very good. Just contemplating something new
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Mine also got the adams treatment this morning! I used the “gaurd & gloss” wax/sealant after cleaning - sprays on to wet body work, and rubs in, buffs off. Great stuff

Also used their “tire shine” - i wanted to try something other than the meguiars purple gel, which is good stuff but very heavy and greasy, takes time to apply too. The Adams stuff was a lot more subtle, easier to apply and left a nice gossy finish (not as glossy as meguiars).

Car shampoo is great as well, although i havent used it as a snow foam yet, still working my way through my 5l of auto finesse avalanche!
Stop polishing it and taking pics and go to a f@#£night meet! :lol:

(Not to mention what you are doing with tire gel ;))

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Stop polishing it and taking pics and go to a f@#£night meet! :lol:

(Not to mention what you are doing with tire gel ;))
Hint taken :lol:

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Here's the latest little upgrade I made to my Mustang today: Ford Performance hood struts.
Just a note...my findings..

Fitted these and found they dont work.!.Doesnt open the bonnet at all! i could see you wasnt in the shot opening the bonnet..after watching you wash your car.:doh:.:confused:

Flimsy bracket that also bent after torquing it to the right spec too..not impressed..

Took them straight off... and bought the Steeda ones..what a difference!
World apart.. The bonnet brackets are bigger and more substantial to stop the bonnet flexing.
The wing fixing nuts are substantially sturdier too.. put a dab of thread lock on them as advised. and guess what...these actually open the bonnet..

So its a thumbs down for the Ford Racing :tsk::tsk:

And a thumbs up for the Steeda ones.. :thumbsup::thumbsup::first:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Fitted these and found they dont work.!.Doesnt open the bonnet at all! i could see you wasnt in the shot opening the bonnet..after watching you wash your car.:doh:.:confused:

Flimsy bracket that also bent after torquing it to the right spec too..not impressed..

World apart.. The bonnet brackets are bigger and more substantial to stop the bonnet flexing.
The wing fixing nuts are substantially sturdier too.. put a dab of thread lock on them as advised. and guess what...these actually open the bonnet..

Yep, got the Steeda ones, put on the car before I had even collected her, very happy with them, and if you have your hood up at shows, then also more safer :D

Sponsored

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Mine haven't been on long enough for any long term testing, but they take the weight and slowly lift the bonnet past a certain point.

How are the Steeda wing brackets connected? I'm hoping the toothed washer will hold up over time. Something I didn't show in my video is the first bracket twisted while I was torquing it up, but me then twisting it back into place loosened so much that despite the nut/bolt being tight, the bracket was wobbly. It took me a while to undo it again while wedging in a plastic trim tool to stop it rotating. The second attempt bit properly and didn't move while finishing it off with the torque wrench.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Mine haven't been on long enough for any long term testing, but they take the weight and slowly lift the bonnet past a certain point.

How are the Steeda wing brackets connected? I'm hoping the toothed washer will hold up over time. Something I didn't show in my video is the first bracket twisted while I was torquing it up, but me then twisting it back into place loosened so much that despite the nut/bolt being tight, the bracket was wobbly. It took me a while to undo it again while wedging in a plastic trim tool to stop it rotating. The second attempt bit properly and didn't move while finishing it off with the torque wrench.
I didnt need any long term testing..they didnt do the job.! The Steeda ones open about a third, and then the gas struts do the rest
Also the Ford ones chewed the hole up..was never going to hold securely

https://www.steeda.co.uk/steeda-s550-mustang-hood-strut-kit-c2x18953968

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Went chateau impney (Those may recognise it from the NEM10 event [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] hosted) for me and Kira's 2yr anniversary.

Funnily enough saw a LB GT, yellow 302 and a ruby(ish) s197 on the way down, whilst i was there met an owner from Mustangs Unleashed 's wife who rocked up in their Yellow GT (She was there for the bridal event), and then on the way home saw a ruby red at 'the hive' in worcs car park, and a race red at bassetts pole roundabout. Saw too many for my liking lol!

Here's some shots (also crept some 'clean car shots', from saturdays clean in there)

Julians car...

Clean car...

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
2 year anniversary?

When did you get married:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
2 year anniversary?

When did you get married:D
in her eyes, two years ago. Not sure what to call a 2 year as a girlfriend lol. :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Went chateau impney (Those may recognise it from the NEM10 event [MENTION=19416]Guy@NemesisUK[/MENTION] hosted) for me and Kira's 2yr anniversary.

Funnily enough saw a LB GT, yellow 302 and a ruby(ish) s197 on the way down, whilst i was there met an owner from Mustangs Unleashed 's wife who rocked up in their Yellow GT (She was there for the bridal event), and then on the way home saw a ruby red at 'the hive' in worcs car park, and a race red at bassetts pole roundabout. Saw too many for my liking lol
So there was a bridal event on was there?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So there was a bridal event on was there?
Yerp... And i managed to keep her away from watching it :lol:
Sponsored