The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Screw pretty pictures... here's erm, some shitty pictures in the freezing cold.

Coolant tank reservoir is now on! yes i know the car is filthy.

Also a video of my dyno runs.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]izt4xrizdck[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
For those of you not on instagram...braved the cold this evening and finally combined my other hobby with my Mustang obsession! Treated myself to a lens good for astrophotography and had a trial run. This was the result... it might look naff on here, so will try to get a better quality one when i upload to my flickr
Looks pretty damn good to me :thumbsup:
Of course I know nothing about photography but I know what I like...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Little update:

1) Clunk still can't source wtf is causing it, progressively p1ssing me off... may take wheels off tonight and remove top mounts and see.. no visible cracks or damage on them, or any suspension part. May also be a spring out of place (hope not)

2) Dreaded Ecoboost (all models) timing cover leak.. I say dreaded, it's nothing major. but it needs fixing. It's cause dby silicone blobs used to hold gasket in place getting missed in that specific section causing a leak.

Ford Birmingham looking at this tomorrow, been very good with me last week when I booked it in. Said mods were fine etc etc etc, said they'll order in the gasket and the silicone sealant and bead all around it to prevent it coming out again.

Also leads to an oil change. included... woo :p

3) Engine coolant tank paint work is still fine after driving

4) repainted my engine cover with the paints I use on "sold" covers etc, now matches with the rest.

5) installed gt350 starter button from [MENTION=25264]StangNZ[/MENTION]

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
SWMBO noticed that one of the heating elements in the passenger seat has stopped working, and this morning in the darkness I noticed the N/S headlight was flickering. Guess those will be two things for the guys to look at when the car is in for it's first service in early December.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
SWMBO noticed that one of the heating elements in the passenger seat has stopped working, and this morning in the darkness I noticed the N/S headlight was flickering. Guess those will be two things for the guys to look at when the car is in for it's first service in early December.
Is it flickering? or is it jus the typical "car is bobbling along a road" and it vibrates up and down - if so bolts may just need a tighten and usual culprit is the one on the corner (behind bumper).

Cars been dropped off with Ford Bham for the Timing Cover Leak (Common EB problem as above). They've said "it should be warranty due to age, but, if they cant find a manufacturer fault ill have to pay" I told them - "Fix it, we'll discuss warranty after".

For ref, it's a common issue with all the EB engines due to the dot pattern of silicone to hold the gasket in rather than beading silicone around the edge. Ford are aware of the problem as I've had some American friends and dealers over there discussing it in length with me :lol:

Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Is it flickering? or is it jus the typical "car is bobbling along a road" and it vibrates up and down - if so bolts may just need a tighten and usual culprit is the one on the corner (behind bumper).
That was sitting stationary in traffic...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Hey folks, quick question: I discovered my first rock chip on my hood a couple of days ago. I was thinking a quick fix, such as the kit from Chipex (www.chipex.co.uk). I am posting my question here because this company seems to be located in the UK. Has any of you used it to correct rock chips? Any ideas/alternatives? Cheers

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Hey folks, quick question: I discovered my first rock chip on my hood a couple of days ago. I was thinking a quick fix, such as the kit from Chipex (www.chipex.co.uk). I am posting my question here because this company seems to be located in the UK. Has any of you used it to correct rock chips? Any ideas/alternatives? Cheers
Ahhhh right up my street:D

A few years back I had an Aston V8 and they're really bad for getting stone chips on the rear arches..it's more like stone rash..(stones from the front flick back and hammer the rear)

So based on a recommendation on pistonheads I thought I'd give the chipex kit a go

I have to say the results were very very good, my car was dark green, and once I'd finished I covered the area with clear vinyl armour and you really couldn't see that there had been a repair....

Now with that said, to get the best results requires patience, and a bit of practice..
But if you follow the instructions, you can get a much better result than with a normal touch up:thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That's why I love this group! Thanks Andy. I will go on and order the Chipex kit :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I love this group! Thanks Andy. I will go on and order the Chipex kit :thumbsup:
A couple of additions, prep is key with paint, as is building up layers. My first stone chip on my hood took about 4 hours of layers, tcutting to level etc and now it's unoticable paint wise, except for the slight dent it caused in the hood (Which I really need to try pull out at some time).

Take it easy, and work your way up. It's not fun, but it's worth it and cheaper than a respray :lol:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Steve. Did you use the Chipex kit as well? How did you prep the chip before applying the touch-up paint provided in the kit? I suppose that after applying the first layer, you repeated the process a couple of times to build up more layers, right?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Steve. Did you use the Chipex kit as well? How did you prep the chip before applying the touch-up paint provided in the kit? I suppose that after applying the first layer, you repeated the process a couple of times to build up more layers, right?
No I used a touch up pen. I think chipex is quicker and easier.

I'm not sure vs chipex how it differs entirely but....
Layer 1 - Tack layer - Let dry
Layer 2 - Paint - let dry - tcut
Layer 3 - Paint - let dry - tcut
Layer 4 - Same again
Layer 5 - Lacquer - let dry - tcut
layer 6 - same again
layer 7 - same again
8 - finishing polish and some wax sealant. Jobs a good un.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So in the case of Chipex, if I want to build up multiple layers I would follow the steps below:

Layer 1 - Tack layer - Let dry
Layer 2 - Apply Paint - Smear - let dry - Blending solution
Layer 3 - Apply Paint - Smear - let dry - Blending solution
Layer 4 - Apply Paint - Smear - let dry - Blending solution

Optional (because this is not described in the Chipex process):

Layer 5 - Apply Laquer - Smear - let dry - Blending solution
layer 6 - Apply Laquer - Smear - let dry - Blending solution
layer 7 - Apply Laquer - Smear - let dry - Blending solution

8 - Polish - wax or paint coating
Sponsored