Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Well will have to wait and see that then :p! Finalizing tune probably wont be until mid/late this month depending how many revisions etc.

IC is currently boost leaking and we can't find where the fecking leak is from.
washing up liquid and water mixed together quite strong pour it on all the pipe to solid joins (basically anywhere there's a jubilee clip) you'll see bubbles where its leaking from.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^ that

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
washing up liquid and water mixed together quite strong pour it on all the pipe to solid joins (basically anywhere there's a jubilee clip) you'll see bubbles where its leaking from.
Yep that's current plan, i've just been retightening everything even shit i haven't touched. I'm praying there's no hole somewhere unbeknown to me... I did do the first run of it and hot side charge pipe flew off, took bumper off, tightened everything up then, but still having issues with not holding boost. :lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Cheers bud, any idea the est price per clamp as if it's a decent price i may just buy a load and refit these over mine.
Depends on the size....check eBay.:)

I've used them many times, and never had a failure, unlike jubilee clips that can be easily overnightend and don't clamp evenly...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the size....check eBay.:)

I've used them many times, and never had a failure, unlike jubilee clips that can be easily overnightend and don't clamp evenly...
ah like a couple of quid, that's not bad. Definitely looking into under your recommendation :)! Just need to sort sizes out etc. Will need 6 of them, but at that price, hard to pass up! :thumbsup:.

Thanks for the recomendation.

Anyway, fortunately traffic this morning so didn't get into work, so bumpers currently in the process between meetings of being pulled off... I needed to tonight anyway as one of my sidelights has decided it doesn't want to work, and i need to check wiring and such.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Car fixed, one of the return from BOV pipes had come loose, i spent today retighteneing the fuck out of everything regardless of if it needed it. if i ever have to get these off i'm fucked lol.

Sidelight issue fixed too, couple of messing with the ignition switch and playing with the light.

I've ripped my proleds out. I loved how they looked but fuck me they were so inconsistent towards the last few days so literally ripped the bastards out lol... I've got like 3 sets of them lying around, one which works, one which doesn't, and another which i've never tried lol.

Also tidied up all my wires everywhere from cobb and then the tangled mess of sidelight/indicator etc from pulling bumper off so often... All neat and dandy.

In other news my hood latch now has the infamous mustang issue... It's really not catching, nothings under it or catching on it this time, when it does catch the bumper is about 2-3mm above the hood.... Any ideas?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Did you undo the latch? Sounds like its being adjusted, as such just adjust it up 3mm and see if that fixes it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Did you undo the latch? Sounds like its being adjusted, as such just adjust it up 3mm and see if that fixes it.
I did... I assume by undo you mean the bolts that hold it in, i'll have a play around with it tonight. I originally thought I needed to undo the latch to install the holders for the IC, but the ETS uses some support beams attached to the crash bar - it mounts into that.

Oh... boost leaks back too I think, it can get to 25psi, but still whistling... that coupled with coilovers clunking (rears) and fronts making metal on metal 'donk' noises when turning, is gonna be fun. Stock people don't realise how easy they got it lol.

I'm with Alan from pumabuild tomorrow doing the DP and WGA install, i'll ask him to smoke test it, and just go round all the suspension components with an impact gun :doh:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I did... I assume by undo you mean the bolts that hold it in, i'll have a play around with it tonight. I originally thought I needed to undo the latch to install the holders for the IC, but the ETS uses some support beams attached to the crash bar - it mounts into that.

Oh... boost leaks back too I think, it can get to 25psi, but still whistling... that coupled with coilovers clunking (rears) and fronts making metal on metal 'donk' noises when turning, is gonna be fun. Stock people don't realise how easy they got it lol.

I'm with Alan from pumabuild tomorrow doing the DP and WGA install, i'll ask him to smoke test it, and just go round all the suspension components with an impact gun :doh:

Yes that latches is adjustable, its how you get the bonnet shut line perfect, just undo it a touch, pull it up and re-tighten and check, then repeat until you get it spot on.

Tell him you have a boost leak or suspect one before you do anything, pointless running it and logging it on the dyno if its leaking boost, fix that, then dyno and log it on the dyno whilst running.

Also make sure he runs in 5th, he will try to run in 4th as Alan is a wimp and gets scared of cars going much more than 150mph on his dyno, but 5th is closest to 1:1 on our cars.

Or just admit defeat, its now a wreck, you ruined it, I will give you ÂŁ50 for it. ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Torque wrench, mate, torque wrench.:doh:
That's the word I was looking for :lol::lol::lol:. Yes a torque wrench, not an impact gun.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Picked up a voicemail last nigh from my original dealership asking if I wanted to upgrade to the 18...

"might give them a call just out of curiosity" I said to my girlfriend. Quite rightly, she pointed what happened last time I did that :lol:

Perhaps I will leave it!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Picked up a voicemail last nigh from my original dealership asking if I wanted to upgrade to the 18...

"might give them a call just out of curiosity" I said to my girlfriend. Quite rightly, she pointed what happened last time I did that :lol:

Perhaps I will leave it!
about time you updated your avatar with a non EB too :) you could have it in colour too not black and white..... oh wait we'd never tell anyway
Sponsored