What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Put mine on SORN as the tax is now due. Not what I wanted to do but costs elsewhere preclude the use of the Mustang for a while. She's clean, covered and on a trickle charger so no harm will come! :/
Won't taxing monthly by direct debit help
Sponsored

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Took her to GT101 just over a week ago.

Chuffed with the results.

Spacers, steeda progressive springs and IRS pack added.

Now feels more planted and can get the power down better. Also liking the look now. Bad point is having to crawl over the lethal speed bumps at work.

vqjic2.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaned her up, after driving to Santa pod, sitting her in the rain, then to London and over 800 miles covered total she really needed it!!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Back on track with Mustang stuff, prep wok done on these engine covers and airbox for a rather "special" cars covers, doing a few different things with these which will come out epic :D

Except a few painting and a few mod updates off me over the coming days, lots to do. And hopefully i can find a time that fits for me and Pumabuild to do a quick dyno run on stage 0, stage 1 and then post mods and datalogging :D

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Whole host of parts have arrived thanks to @MustangMustHaves

I've got a:
ETS Intercooler
COBB 3" High Flow Catted Downpipe (Because MOT's and shiz)
Tune+ Turbosmart Wastegate actuator.

For those blissfully unaware, these are renowned for being the three (In order above) biggest power gains for the EBM.

The WGA should open the turbo flapper at precise times and allow for higher boost to be retained for longer with less lag.

The Intercooler is probably the biggest single upgrade on the car, and a proper intercooler such as ETS (Speed Factory, Levels, etc are other noteworthy brands for the EBM) allows for cooler air in the car and lower charge temps also leading to better air density and thus, more power that can be extracted.

The downpipe is much like LT headers for a GT, a wider pipe to dump all of the crud out the back of the car, due to the design of the EBM the cobb is the only downpipe with a smoother bend at 90 degrees than other pipes which generally have a harsher curve and thus causing back pressure due to airflow down the pipe. I've gone for the High flow catted version (200cel) as MOT tests will need to be done within the cars life. High flow cat obviously allowing for more crud out the car faste,r wider pipe allowing for more out as well.

Currently speaking to pumabuild to get a stage 0 (no tune) and stage 1 cobb ots dyno done, before going back once @Tune+ have finished refining my tune to see the power gains.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Gloss black Stanginator for sale

I have the only two "Stanginators" in Greece. One is on my car, the other one, a gloss black, is for sale. This is becoming a rare piece of art for our cars. I am selling it for 40 euros + shipping. As new. PM me if interested.

picture.jpg

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Winters are on.

Nokian WR A4.

They, rather unsurprisingly, feel very VERY different to the summer UHPs that have come off. Its going to take some getting used to!

Ive binned the original Pirellis off the front, even though they could have probably stretched to another 5k kms. They managed 37k kms! The longest lasting pair of tyres ive had on any car, ever!

Incl fitting, they owe me about €800. Not horrendous, but not loose change either.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Finally fitted the lowering springs bad pictures as i'm parked in garden which is at an angle so looks off but missus won't let me park on the drive apparently she needs it all for washing her car :(
IMG_20171006_100028.jpg
IMG_20171006_100051.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the ETS intercooler from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] , i'll add a write up later, if you're on FB you'll have already seen it all. Also now base tuned for the IC from adam [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] car feels the same as adding the cobb s1 to the stock did, in terms of bum of seat feel, except this is adding power nto the cobb s1. Once I've got DP and WGA on and added the other base tune I expect to see another increase like that.

so in short
Stock -> Cobb stage 1 = Big improvement on bum on seat feels
Cobb S1 -> IC base tune from [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] = Big improvement on bum on seat feels

I expect
IC BT -> DP/WGA/IC BT from [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] = Big improvement as well.

That being said my current tune is a base tune, with a protuner you're required to send a few datalogs to fully refine the car's performance and your expectations of it.

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Mishimoto H Pipe installed - paired with Corsa Touring Axle backs

+ Replaced the Chrome tips for Black

[ame]

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Fuck man, that sounds incredible, I'd say its a better sound than it was on mine with the double X pipe, really deep and throaty, plus loud, not many systems can make that kind of sound with that volume without drone. Corsa FTW!

GB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gareth
Vehicle(s)
Future GT S550 owner... hopefully
I have just picked up the car from GT101 after having it detailed by, Boyd.

Every time I go into GT101 I'm more impressed than the last.. Thanks Dave [MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] for quality service. I'll certainly be back to hear that CS Mustang when it's running. My shopping list is getting longer by the second! :D

A pic of the car... although the shine looks better in the flesh!!
20171006_164012_Resize.jpg

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Fuck man, that sounds incredible, I'd say its a better sound than it was on mine with the double X pipe, really deep and throaty, plus loud, not many systems can make that kind of sound with that volume without drone. Corsa FTW!
It’s certainly loud! (More so than I think I’m comfortanle with)
I ordered a couple 12 inch resonators to weld in to tame it slightly !

Hopefully that will be the sweet spot
Sponsored