Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Today I had a scary moment but survived. Boy oh boy are those pzeros shit on damp roads...

As I usually do, I accelerated coming off a roundabout and hitting the straight on a dual carriageway, up a slight hill - stop start traffic at that time of the morning so it's one of the only chances I get to give it some beans and hear the v8.

Anyway, got a real "warning wiggle" from the back end, and my heart proper sank. Thankfully I didn't go too hard on the pedal, as I know better, but it really did have me thinking "I could have lost it then".

Need me some michelins ASAP.

Any good deals about?
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Seems your mate's a bit of a dickhead then....:amen:
he really is :lol:. A bit is an understatement :lol:. And FWIW I can drive an auto, I just didn't enjoy it as much. But, I can see fully why people have them, and how it helped in traffic etc etc. (I never stalled it, though ;))
[MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] I've just recently been put in contact with a tyre recycler. Who buys part worns off Michellin for next to nothing. I'm waiting on some prices of 285's with 5-6mm of tread each. No run flats/repaired tyres etc. Will see what ocmes of it. I've been told expect £150-200 for a pair depending on sizes (as I maybe either going staggered 255/285 f/r or 285 square setup depending on costs etc).

I'll keep you posted. There's some on flebay, I thought I hit a good deal yesterday with a 285 but it was a single one for £60 (Still a good deal, but, you'd need to find another!), so worth picking that up if you can find another with 5mm tread for next to nothing.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Today I had a scary moment but survived. Boy oh boy are those pzeros shit on damp roads...

As I usually do, I accelerated coming off a roundabout and hitting the straight on a dual carriageway, up a slight hill - stop start traffic at that time of the morning so it's one of the only chances I get to give it some beans and hear the v8.

Anyway, got a real "warning wiggle" from the back end, and my heart proper sank. Thankfully I didn't go too hard on the pedal, as I know better, but it really did have me thinking "I could have lost it then".

Need me some michelins ASAP.

Any good deals about?
It was wet and not warm. See that button marked "wet"................. FTC!*

* - for the commute

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Secondhand tyres? No thanks... Especially on something like a Mustang.

Maybe acceptable with a shoestring budget on a £500 Fiesta...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

They're not cheap sh1t you get from some random gyppo, they're form Michelin and have been tested to make sure they're still fit for use.

If they were used with a run flat, repaired etc, I wouldn't touch them. but these wont be.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

It's a good point to be fair. Fair enough if you are planning on screaming round a track & want to save a bit of cash as you will trash the tires fairly quickly anyway.

But for those of us that use regularly, good quality tires is a good investment. I'm happy paying £150-200 a corner for something I can have confidence in.

Seems bonkers that we spend best part of £40k on a car and then cheap out on some things*...

*Says the guy who put red plastic over his taillights :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
They're not cheap sh1t you get from some random gyppo, they're form Michelin and have been tested to make sure they're still fit for use.

If they were used with a run flat, repaired etc, I wouldn't touch them. but these wont be.
Sounds like BS to me.

Show me the garage / seller doing this and then them to show in writing from Michelin they still offer the same performance. Sounds to me like some BS line some guy has fed you to sell some tyres he got cheap. If Michelin were doing such a thing on official lines then it would be advertised as such and sold through official channels at a reduced price, not some random guy.

It is total BS!

You do realise BRAND NEW tyres have special chemicals injected into them to prevent them from going off on the shelf, even with these chemicals they still only have certain amount of shelf life before they are unfit for sale. Kind of like food!

Used tyres are really terrible, I had two 6mm MPSS to get me by whilst I waited for PS4s, the grip and handling was nothing short of shocking because the tyre had gone off.

Used tyres are fine on a shit box or for drifting or messing about, but on a new car that cost money or a car driven remotely spirited, BAD IDEA!

DON'T DO IT!
Either buy new or stick with what you have, because trust me the Pzero new will absolutely be better than some used tyre that has sat in a garage. Also avoid puncture repair at all cost, sidewall would of being compromised.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Gibbo has spoken :hail:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention either lonely or gay ;)
He's the former... :lol:
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] didn't think of that, i'll let you know the guy on FB saves every tom dick and harry harassing him here :lol:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Got myself a new PB and into the twelves:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Got myself a new PB and into the twelves:

Read topic... Mustang...

Posts bimmer... Ewww ;)!

Jokes aside, nice one knew how pissed you were not getting under 13's the last time.

Update on mine, huge raft of parts coming for mine thanks to [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] Wastegate Actuator (Tune+), Cobb 3" catted downpipe and my ETS intercooler, should be here next week. Adam at [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] is making me a new baseline tune file for the mods and i need to go and visit Alan at [MENTION=20062]Pumabuild[/MENTION] to get the baseline power figures of a stage 0 (no tune), cobb stage 1 (currently running) and then one post mods and datalogging with Adam.

Very excited to see what this will bring, it'll put me at "full bolt on" for the EBM. :eyebulge:

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Put mine on SORN as the tax is now due. Not what I wanted to do but costs elsewhere preclude the use of the Mustang for a while. She's clean, covered and on a trickle charger so no harm will come! :/

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Put mine on SORN as the tax is now due. Not what I wanted to do but costs elsewhere preclude the use of the Mustang for a while. She's clean, covered and on a trickle charger so no harm will come! :/
Sorry to hear man. :(
I've been there already. It isn't fun.
Sponsored