The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Air raid tube installed, was warned by other owners it was a bitch to do. To be honest, hardest bit was getting the turbo clamp on that required an extra pair of hands to hold it steady courtesy of the mother who puled the short straw having the tiniest hands in the house.

No comments on performance yet, haven't driven the car. Did a few standing cycles to warm and some revs etc to make sure it was throwing no codes and clamps were on tight enough. They are. all is well in the world. It does make the turbo sound significantly louder.

Comparrison between stock really shows just how much extra air this things bringing in.

And yes ecoboost owners, if you buy a CAI, you've wasted money (There's even dyno proof on it lol)

Stock vs Air raid (Note air raid hasn't got the mounting silicone so looks shorter - it isn't. It's just fatter.

and before...

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Where's the extra air coming from? Is that a stock box and just a bigger tube?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the extra air coming from? Is that a stock box and just a bigger tube?
Yeah, more space to fill in the tube.

I'm running Velossa/High Flow Filter (K&N)/Air Raid Modular Tube

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I'm surprised your car never pulled a sickie, all ours did before we tuned with the JLT and Big Mouth.

Got your pm :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised your car never pulled a sickie, all ours did before we tuned with the JLT and Big Mouth.

Lol, she's all good. She's tuned too. has a cobb ots s1. Which isn't quite utilising all that extra air just yet. (as cobb s1 is for just a high flow filter). When Intercooler comes around, whenever that may be, it'll get a lovely Tune+ tune and I can be done with powahhh mods on it :thumbsup:!

Sweet - Pretty sure it's PP, did a bit of checking on images and what not. Even if it's not think the only difference is the rubber wind stop at the bottom.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
Lol, she's all good. She's tuned too. has a cobb ots s1. Which isn't quite utilising all that extra air just yet. (as cobb s1 is for just a high flow filter). When Intercooler comes around, whenever that may be, it'll get a lovely Tune+ tune and I can be done with powahhh mods on it :thumbsup:!

Sweet - Pretty sure it's PP, did a bit of checking on images and what not. Even if it's not think the only difference is the rubber wind stop at the bottom.

Will have an intercooler for sale in a week or so :thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Will have an intercooler for sale in a week or so :thumbsup:
Yeah but unfortunatley it's a Mishimoto, so i'd rather stick with stock than a Mishimoto one. ;)!

May have a levels one on the go. Guy in the states is selling his. :thumbsup:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

He has not changed his maf ID size, so the cars ECU is seeing nothing out of the ordinary, if the tube flows more the maf will record this and the ECU will adjust fuelling/spark as necessary. :)

On a V8 these tubes do very little, they aid throttle response a touch but that is it, end of the day if Ford could gain 15HP from changing a plastic tube with no ill effects to economy/emissions they would do, considering how much R&D and resources they have when developing a new car.

So its always quite funny when some manufacturer comes along, designs a tube in their shed and it all of a sudden gains 15HP, obviously the guys at Ford need firing. Also any before and after gains posted by a manufacturer should never be believed, having a few friends who work in the industry lets just say yes they show gains by manipulating the testing, of course some companies products to make genuine gains, but some products also do nada.

The real proof is maf flow rate, if it helps flow then the maf flow rates will change and this can be datalogged. ;)

Otherwise all such devices generally do is change the powerband and as such give the false impression of more power certainly case on the V8's anyway.

Could be different on the turbo but the real proof would be just datalog maf flow rate before and after on same day using same test parameters.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
He has not changed his maf ID size, so the cars ECU is seeing nothing out of the ordinary, if the tube flows more the maf will record this and the ECU will adjust fuelling/spark as necessary. :)

On a V8 these tubes do very little, they aid throttle response a touch but that is it, end of the day if Ford could gain 15HP from changing a plastic tube with no ill effects to economy/emissions they would do, considering how much R&D and resources they have when developing a new car.

So its always quite funny when some manufacturer comes along, designs a tube in their shed and it all of a sudden gains 15HP, obviously the guys at Ford need firing. Also any before and after gains posted by a manufacturer should never be believed, having a few friends who work in the industry lets just say yes they show gains by manipulating the testing, of course some companies products to make genuine gains, but some products also do nada.

The real proof is maf flow rate, if it helps flow then the maf flow rates will change and this can be datalogged. ;)

Otherwise all such devices generally do is change the powerband and as such give the false impression of more power certainly case on the V8's anyway.

Could be different on the turbo but the real proof would be just datalog maf flow rate before and after on same day using same test parameters.
Tube wont give power gains on it own. It will when it's tuned for the extra air. The intake setup on this, Dyno wise, has proven to be the best setup numerous times in different temerpatures VS other setups.
That was without a tune. With a tune obviously just multiple. And it wasn't a manufacutrer doing the dynos (Adamtuned/Tune+ did)

Now i'm obviously talking strictly for the ecoboost

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
manders have you read the thread in the ecoboost forum section about the 3 area's to make the most gains on the EB while increasing efficiency and reliability.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
manders have you read the thread in the ecoboost forum section about the 3 area's to make the most gains on the EB while increasing efficiency and reliability.
I've read probably everything on it.

Intercooler is usually top
Followed by Spark plugs
then it goes onto the intake.

I've gone a bit backwards... As intercoolers i've been waiting for them to come over here, but not much luck as ETS/Levels/Speedfactory haven't opened or distributed over here. And they're the 3 top dogs for the most power on the EB.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've read probably everything on it.

Intercooler is usually top
Followed by Spark plugs
then it goes onto the intake.

I've gone a bit backwards... As intercoolers i've been waiting for them to come over here, but not much luck as ETS/Levels/Speedfactory haven't opened or distributed over here. And they're the 3 top dogs for the most power on the EB.

haven't read it then :)
its intercooler, waste gate, turbo, downpipe, inlet pipe.

Have a read its very very interesting http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56367

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
haven't read it then :)
its intercooler, waste gate, turbo, downpipe, inlet pipe.

Have a read its very very interesting http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56367
Ah, differnt things. I was going for the 3 for longevity., Power gains is exactly how you wrote it.(Assuming tunes).

There's a massive issue most people overlook is just how bad the spark plugs are from stock. they're gapped on a +/-30 differential lol. I think mine were .17 to .37. Swapped out for .28 all over and step colder.

But yeah, all in all, they really cocked up with the engine for optimising it.
Sponsored