Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Looked at change oil warning light, 500 miles after the last service 2 months ago Mmmmm. I'm sure I cleared that before Christmas so why is it back on.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looked at change oil warning light, 500 miles after the last service 2 months ago Mmmmm. I'm sure I cleared that before Christmas so why is it back on.
Just so on page, can you confirm the timeline. Seems to say change was in January but reset in December? I agree something is strange if reset in December or anytime after.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Added a couple more bits of carbon fibre 😎
IMG_7591.jpeg

IMG_7590.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Just so on page, can you confirm the timeline. Seems to say change was in January but reset in December? I agree something is strange if reset in December or anytime after.
sorry, that was a terrible description of events i wrote.
So, the car had been serviced March 2023 at 37k miles (i presume Ford reset the oil life msg) and when the oil service life msg popped up there in November 2023 at 41k miles there or thereabouts i just reset it as i'd only done 4k miles mostly motorway (freeway?) miles i knew the car would be getting it's yearly service ish Feb 2024. Figured why change the oil for such a small number of miles.
January 2024 car got serviced with 42k miles (not with Ford this time) on the clock and barely 500miles after that and 4ish months since i reset the oil life msg, the oil ife message is back again. Seems to be quite soon to come up, should i be changing oil that often and being a pre facelift model with the 0-20W recommendation would there be any benefit to move to 0-30W ?

Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Red Vlands can fail MOT - because the orange indicator does not shine through the red lenses enough, apparently.
Very easily swapped for mot. I did stand back and think that’s not very orange lol
Sponsored