Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Keep a durable piece of cardboard in your owners manual and log dates, mileage, oil type etc...

Logs would mean nothing to me without receipts. anyone could make a log up before they sell the car. Now a log of work with receipts attached (like I do) is good to have
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Tell that to my dipstick, it's full at 7 quarts I'm not going to argue, less oil is better than too much.
My GT PP takes 8 quarts.....yours does as well. Not 7.

The Dude Abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP Magnetic
Logs would mean nothing to me without receipts. anyone could make a log up before they sell the car. Now a log of work with receipts attached (like I do) is good to have
You're right the more receipts the better.... I haven't had anybody change my own oil in years & when I buy oil it's usually a couple of cases at a time. I don't save those receipts. What I do save are all service/shop receipts including mods, along with all original parts.(I keep a small accordion file for those receipts) I have always privately sold my cars. Not one time has there been any suspicion about the cars I've offered for sale including my BMW M3, Lexus GS350, Audi S4 or Subaru Spec.B.... Maybe I should save the receipts for when I buy oil, trans fluid, antifreeze, washer fluid etc.... I'll ponder on it & maybe I will save them all, I just haven't found it necessary thus far... Thanks for the feedback:shrug:

Last edited:

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Some receipts fade over time. I don't worry about saving all my receipts. In my experience, keeping a logbook full of information and receipts rarely matter much of anything except that I'm personally well organized.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Some receipts fade over time. I don't worry about saving all my receipts. In my experience, keeping a logbook full of information and receipts rarely matter much of anything except that I'm personally well organized.
I keep all of my receipts in paper form, and also scan them in in .jpg's so that I can give them all in a folder and on a thumb drive to whomever I'm selling the car to. I can't imagine buying a used car that costs more than $5,000 without a complete service history.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I keep Receipts for when I buy oil (cases or 5 gal jugs) and oil filters because I am 'one of those guys' AND because if I ever have a warranty issue and the manufacturer asks for proof that scheduled maintenance was done, I have something besides just my detailed log of all work and parts replaced. It is to protect me from a car manufacturer that may want to not honor their drive train warranty. It is nice to be able to give a buyer that I sell to when the car has 150K plus miles on it, so he knows the car has been cared for. But Warranty issues is a good reason too.

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Added a 10" Alpine sub and amp to my 9 speaker system, sounds so much better now...

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Cleaned about 6" of snow off of her. I can't wait until spring...

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Added a 10" Alpine sub and amp to my 9 speaker system, sounds so much better now...
What brands and models of sub and amp? Can you post Pics of trunk with your stuff mounted? :D I don't have a car yet. Yes, I am trying to live vicariously! :lol:

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I keep Receipts for when I buy oil (cases or 5 gal jugs) and oil filters because I am 'one of those guys' AND because if I ever have a warranty issue and the manufacturer asks for proof that scheduled maintenance was done, I have something besides just my detailed log of all work and parts replaced. It is to protect me from a car manufacturer that may want to not honor their drive train warranty. It is nice to be able to give a buyer that I sell to when the car has 150K plus miles on it, so he knows the car has been cared for. But Warranty issues is a good reason too.
Having a "dealer maintained" car can be a boon to resale value, so I always try to have all of my oil changes and maintenance done by a Ford dealer, although I've occasionally done Jiffy Lube just because sometimes I don't have time to wait around 2 hours for them to do an oil change at the dealer.

I've changed my own oil many many many times, but now that I have a job that pays decent money, it's easier to spend the fifty bucks or whatever to have somebody do it than it is to crawl underneath a car and get myself all dirty.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Having a "dealer maintained" car can be a boon to resale value, so I always try to have all of my oil changes and maintenance done by a Ford dealer, although I've occasionally done Jiffy Lube just because sometimes I don't have time to wait around 2 hours for them to do an oil change at the dealer.

I've changed my own oil many many many times, but now that I have a job that pays decent money, it's easier to spend the fifty bucks or whatever to have somebody do it than it is to crawl underneath a car and get myself all dirty.
This too is my reasoning. I'm more than capable of changing my own oil, and even doing my own repairs, but the convenience and (sometimes) extra resale value is the reason I let my dealership do it. Historically, I've hated dealerships, but I've finally found a good one that I trust, so I go there for everything...unless it's upgrading parts! [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
i havent seen my car in days. =(

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ditto...Not to mention, having to dispose of said used oil these days and not just throwing it in the garbage can of years past:D

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ditto...Not to mention, having to dispose of said used oil these days and not just throwing it in the garbage can of years past:D
Or sewer drain...