Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How do the ARP compare to the Moroso studs? Kinda wish the ARP weren’t anodized gold color. The Moroso are black.
No idea, I’ve never owned the Moroso.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I personally don't use the lighter, so today I decided to make an acrylic plate, trying to make that area visually cleaner. The acrylic was designed and laser cutted, I designed the graphics that was placed on the back and painted black. All this was done at the back, so that the surface is clean at the front.
I chose to keep a small usb port input, for devices that need bigger input width I use a usb extension. I also put a magnet to fix it and be able to remove it without difficulty for some reason. The result is what I expected and I'm happy with it.

IMG_20230125_104127.jpg

IMG_20230125_110951.jpg

IMG_20230125_111023.jpg

IMG_20230125_124023.jpg

IMG_20230125_130949.jpg

IMG_20230125_131028.jpg

IMG_20230125_131042.jpg

IMG_20230125_131127.jpg
@jcosta

Now THAT is probably one of the better, if not best interior styling pieces that I’ve seen in the last 8-9 years of being a member of this site.

Great job, looks so nice!

It’s very unique and a very tasteful interior “upgrade”. You have hit a S550 niche and as you can already see, you have customers in line!

Best of luck if you decide to offer this to the public!

—-

So you mention you have a magnet on it, is that how it mounts, just using a magnet? Tell us more! :)

jcosta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
João
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6g
First of all, thank you very much to everyone for the positive comments! Honestly, it's not my idea to produce and sell, also because I'm from Europe, and the market mainly in my country is very small. But I can help in another way, I share the files with the community and you can produce locally. I would be happy to see this idea applied to other mustangs. About the magnet, I put the magnet on the acrylic (double side tape), and also with double-sided tape I placed a small metal plate over the "shaker" logo. Using the magnet has another advantage, which is to give a few millimeters of thickness to compensate for the ring of the lighter "body", which I kept in place. It's an easy thing to do.
Keep in mind that I kept the usb port small and use an extension/adapter, if you want a bigger hole in the usb port you can edit the design.

The wetransfer link for those who are interested in doing it:

https://we.tl/t-rTGw1vA83a

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
First of all, thank you very much to everyone for the positive comments! Honestly, it's not my idea to produce and sell, also because I'm from Europe, and the market mainly in my country is very small. But I can help in another way, I share the files with the community and you can produce locally. I would be happy to see this idea applied to other mustangs. About the magnet, I put the magnet on the acrylic (double side tape), and also with double-sided tape I placed a small metal plate over the "shaker" logo. Using the magnet has another advantage, which is to give a few millimeters of thickness to compensate for the ring of the lighter "body", which I kept in place. It's an easy thing to do.
Keep in mind that I kept the usb port small and use an extension/adapter, if you want a bigger hole in the usb port you can edit the design.

Tnanks!

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Not exactly TO my mustang, but had a photo I took printed and got a cheap frame for it. The only editing on the photo was to remove some power lines and misc touch ups. It was a crazy vibrant evening after some storms ran though.

1674576010434.jpeg
My GF bought me a similar idea for xmas but it's glossy printed on wood:

1674736133797.png

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Not exactly TO my mustang, but had a photo I took printed and got a cheap frame for it. The only editing on the photo was to remove some power lines and misc touch ups. It was a crazy vibrant evening after some storms ran though.

1674576010434.jpeg
LOVE IT!! :inlove:

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion

Thank you!

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Trying to get some replacement lug nuts sorted. My Gorilla ones have started to corrode. :frown: And I wash and dry inside every one each time I do the car. So I'm frustrated that this has happened after like only 8 months.

Surface Corrosion.jpg
Surface Corrosion 2.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Trying to get some replacement lug nuts sorted. My Gorilla ones have started to corrode. :frown: And I wash and dry inside every one each time I do the car. So I'm frustrated that this has happened after like only 8 months.

Surface Corrosion.jpg
Surface Corrosion 2.jpg
I'd warranty that out stat. No way that should happen in under a year for what they charge for these. :(

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Surface Corrosion.jpg
Surface Corrosion 2.jpg
I went with Mcgard for our UK environment after reading a few stories on how Gorilla's had lasted over here.

I know there will be some marketing involved, but check this : https://mcgard.com/automotive/lug-nutslug-bolts/lug-nut-comparison/

My Mcgards are approaching two years and they still look like new. They see all weathers but no salt - so I'm not totally sure my experience is directly comparable to yours, YMMV ...

As a bonus, I found Mcgards cheaper to source in the UK compared to Gorilla's.

WD :like:

Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Aye cheers @WD Pro @Bit_the_Bullitt . I thought similar so I reached out to where I bought them from and they came back to me the other day asking how many I would need to replace. Hopefully there'll be no argument as I've gone back to them today saying I need all x20 replacing.

@WD Pro I was thinking about giving the new ones some clear anti-corrosion coating before fitting. Like a Rust-Oleum clear gloss coat (for example).

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sharp design! Love it. One thing to note. There is a difference between the EU cars cigarette lighter port and the NA power port. The cars in NA have a flap on the power port whereas the EU cars do not.
Sponsored