Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did my end-of-season oil change finally. Sent a sample off to Blackstone. While the car was up on jack-stands I figured it would be a good time to change the MT82 fluid. I was surprised at how dark and watery the OEM gearbox fill was at 14200km. Refilled with 2.7qts of Redline Motul using a hand pump. What a slow process that was. I made a mess despite the pump because I overfilled it and fluid started running back down the hose. :facepalm:
20221125_064325.jpg
Good choice with the Motul, same stuff I'm running in my transmission. You notice the improvement in shift quality pretty much right away, and it even does great in cold temps!

Also, it's not fun if you aren't making a mess, lol. I remember I knocked one of my bottles over. I learned a long time ago with jackstand/driveway work to use a painters plastic drop cloth under the car any time you're doing work where fluid can end up on the ground. Cheap and easy cleanup.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Good choice with the Motul, same stuff I'm running in my transmission. You notice the improvement in shift quality pretty much right away, and it even does great in cold temps!

Also, it's not fun if you aren't making a mess, lol. I remember I knocked one of my bottles over. I learned a long time ago with jackstand/driveway work to use a painters plastic drop cloth under the car any time you're doing work where fluid can end up on the ground. Cheap and easy cleanup.
I've heard good things about Motul. I was originally going to use Royal Purple but it's not readily available in Canada. Paying to have it imported would have been rediculous. Motul was on the shelf at one of our major auto parts stores.

I made a mess but not directly on the garage floor. I saved a big sheet of 3mm EVA foam laminate underlay from my reno and I make mats from it. It has a gloss waterproof side that I can wipe up any spills. It's not too bad to lay on too. It insulates from the cold concrete and makes it easy to slide on. If it gets too abused, I just roll out another big piece and cut it to size.
1669383532360.png

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Not quite today, butā€¦. All day Drinking yesterday, IPad and Black Friday salesā€¦
And I didnā€™t think I needed anything..! $$$
Time to wait for the FedEx man.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Reluctantly swapped to winter wheels, been burned before waiting until snow flies. Blizzaks for the win!

tempImagefON1FV.jpg

Sponsored

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
As title suggests, this thread will be for 2015 Mustang owners to post pics what they worked on today, show off what they have done to their car recently, etc. Share and it might inspire some ideas for others to do on their Mustangs too.

I'll be getting a tint first thing in the morning and perhaps a car wash, will post pictures shortly!

So, what did you do to your 2015 Mustang today?
Picked up a nail in the sidewall so it was off to get 2 new rear tires. Ah well they were going to need it soon anyway.

ILoveTacos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Finally finished installing my Katzkin interior. Holy maccaroni, what a job, but...totally worth it.
The leather smells sooooooo good!
20220820_161937.jpg
Nice. How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking. Also how do they compare comfort wise to stock leather seats.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All hand made he tapped into the reverse single and used a relay and timer to bring the front camera into the screen. Sorry guys he see's a problem and makes a solution.
How about inviting your Bro on to type up a DIY?? Thereā€™s quite a few interested M6G membersā€¦ share itā€¦. šŸ˜

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
Nice. How much did they cost if you don't mind me asking. Also how do they compare comfort wise to stock leather seats.
Cost was $1300 CAD (approx. $1000 USD). Got a killer deal thru a friend.
Much more comfortable than stock leather. Thicker, yet more supple. Very high quality. Feels like high quality baseball glove leather.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
How about inviting your Bro on to type up a DIY?? Thereā€™s quite a few interested M6G membersā€¦ share itā€¦. šŸ˜
Sorry he's not 1 to do write a up. He just works things out in his mind and does it.I can tell you that he tapped into 2 pins into the passenger footwell I believe it's connecter 302 will verify that this weekend, he activated it by putting in reverse and using the delay view on sync 3 when the reverse camera turns off it activated the relay to turn on the front camera. The timer in the circuit keeps it on for 1 to 3 minutes, user select or when the car gets up to 7mph. also the emergency brake circuit will disable the system. I know it's not what you want to hear but hopefully someone hear can decipher what I'm saying. I can't take the chance upsetting him for a write up and lose future mods.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
My 2019 GT350 needed nothing. Just took off the license plates to take it off the road during the winter months here in the Northeast. Nice savings on insurance also.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
My 2019 GT350 needed nothing. Just took off the license plates to take it off the road during the winter months here in the Northeast. Nice savings on insurance also.
I have to take mine off for 3 months for savings but never had to surrender my plates?
Sponsored