Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Wow, what a job on that exhaust ... where did you drop it off and what exactly did they do to get it like new (better actually)?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, what a job on that exhaust ... where did you drop it off and what exactly did they do to get it like new (better actually)?
Thank you :like:

The car had to go into Ford for some warranty work (new rear diff cover) so I took the opportunity to pick the exhaust up from them when they took it off.

I stripped it down and cut the resonator out.
I paid a local company to blast and ceramic metallic coat it.
I cleaned up all the actuator parts, polished the tips, repainted brackets etc and then reassembled.

I've now dropped it back with Ford so they can refit it along with a slightly modified Steeda H pipe and some better quality exhaust clamps :like:

WD :like:

Mambruh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally came back from a 5 and a 1/2 month deployment. Started my baby up and then boom! my airlift manifold decides to give out on me 😩 it was in the shop before I deployed and perfect when I left. Come home thinking I’ll have a great holiday season and then get hit with a $1400.00 bill to fix it. Life could be worse but damn that one hurt. She’ll be back in a week or so though.

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
Not today but last week I changed the oil and swapped out those Steeda clamps on the back of my X-pipe. Big difference, no more sagging mufflers and changed the exhaust tone a little bit, apparently the old clamps were leaking a bit.

New tires yesterday. Got General G-Max RS. Quiet, smooth and really good traction so far, even in the 32 degree weather this morning. Very impressed so far for a $300 tire.

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Not today but last week I changed the oil and swapped out those Steeda clamps on the back of my X-pipe. Big difference, no more sagging mufflers and changed the exhaust tone a little bit, apparently the old clamps were leaking a bit.

New tires yesterday. Got General G-Max RS. Quiet, smooth and really good traction so far, even in the 32 degree weather this morning. Very impressed so far for a $300 tire.
What clamp did you change too?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Getting excited now, the car is almost ready … :sunglasses:

I dropped the last of the exhaust pieces off this morning. When I collected them they looked like this :

1668767404709.jpeg

1668767670124.jpeg

And when I returned them they looked like this :

1668767467829.jpeg

1668767606743.jpeg

1668767532433.jpeg

1668767571718.jpeg

WD :like:

Edit : Bad grammar ...
Beautiful work...Ford should sub out this work to you for a nice little side business 😀

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll post a link when she sends it to me...the Steeda ones you can actually crush and deform just by squeezing them...
yeah I don't get why they provide such crap in the kit. @tj@steeda do you guys want to revisit that choice? I too swapped for far more robust items.

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
yeah I don't get why they provide such crap in the kit. @tj@steeda do you guys want to revisit that choice? I too swapped for far more robust items.
I didn't realize how bad they were until I swapped them out, jeez they're flimsy. The new clamps are less than $25 so it wouldn't cost them a lot for the upgrade...

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda recommends using the provided clamps, when done properly, they have proven to be very durable. To keep the price point where we have it - the hardware has been identified & provided as is.

We have sold 1000s of H/X pipes & there isn't much feedback about the clamps not doing their job nor warranty claims where we have been asked to replace them.

Additionally - we have done 100s of installations at both facilities & have not had a customer come back needing a repair.

The clamps hold up & will do their job - if there is more peace of mind getting more robust clamps, then that option is also available.

Thank you,

TJ

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Additionally - we have done 100s of installations at both facilities & have not had a customer come back needing a repair.
yeah but that's hardly "proof" of it not being a problem. For something as flimsy clamps I don't see people bothering to make a federal case of it since it's $25 for good ones. To be fair I took one look at the clamps that came with the H pipe and threw them straight into the trash. So I can't say I tried them and found them wanting or satisfactory.

Torca is a brand name but like Kleenex now substitutes for the generic product.
https://www.normaamericasds.com/product/torca-accuseal-exhaust-clamp
if you go to SummitRacing do a search for Accuseal and a variety of OEM'd options will pop up.

Last edited:

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
yeah but that's hardly "proof" of it not being a problem. For something as flimsy clamps I don't see people bothering to make a federal case of it since it's $25 for good ones. To be fair I took one look at the clamps that came with the H pipe and threw them straight into the trash. So I can't say I tried them and found them wanting or satisfactory.

Torca is a brand name but like Kleenex now substitutes for the generic product.
https://www.normaamericasds.com/product/torca-accuseal-exhaust-clamp
From day one the issue I had was getting the twin tips to stay level. The outer ones always wanted to sag. I had the same problem on my 2018. After I've climbed under the car, straightened the mufflers, retightened...just to have it sag again a week later...I quite messing with it. The new clamps fixed all that so far and I don't believe they'll fail. I should have done this a long time ago, especially for the price point.

I think no one notices on the 2017 and older because since it's a single tip, if the muffler twists you can't tell.
Sponsored