Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I took it for an extended drive today to see how the supercharger would handle things in the city. I have to say the car is so much more exciting to drive. Complete with burbles and pops on the deceleration!!!

However, at one point at a stoplight, I started to get a little bit of rpm bounce where it would drop to 300 or 400 then back up to 500 then back down to 200 or 300 then back up to 500 and then it actually stalled out on me and I had to put it in park and restart the car. It fired up no problem, but I definitely started to keep an eye on the tachometer one at stoplights and started to use my left foot on the break and have my right foot hovering over the throttle in case I needed to give it a little gas.

I’ll be paying very close attention to see whether that happens again. It only seems to happen in track mode and not normal or sport and so far it’s only happened the one time.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gettin' my 750 hp baby's new shoes ready for a ceramic coating.

I'm using a proprietary ceramic coating developed by Brian @ Apex Detailing in Wernersville, Pennsylvania / Artdeshine.

As an aside, I used this on my "trunk valence"...and dust and/or dirt just don't stick.

20221001_162440.jpg

20221001_162605.jpg

20221001_162755.jpg
Love watching Brian’s YouTube channel. Let me know how you like Metal Oxide.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a 10,700ft tall mountain in the back yard, it snows here. All of AZ isn't 100 degrees all year. we have two seasons really, spring/summer (9 months) you'll see 110* for sometimes 6 months, Fall/winter for 3 months where the temp dips down to ZERO sometimes. Don't believe that AZ is all Grand Canyon and Phoenix, IT ISN'T!!!
images.jpg

I do adore northern Arizona though, I spend a lot of time there in the fall and summer usually.
I took it for an extended drive today to see how the supercharger would handle things in the city. I have to say the car is so much more exciting to drive. Complete with burbles and pops on the deceleration!!!

However, at one point at a stoplight, I started to get a little bit of rpm bounce where it would drop to 300 or 400 then back up to 500 then back down to 200 or 300 then back up to 500 and then it actually stalled out on me and I had to put it in park and restart the car. It fired up no problem, but I definitely started to keep an eye on the tachometer one at stoplights and started to use my left foot on the break and have my right foot hovering over the throttle in case I needed to give it a little gas.

I’ll be paying very close attention to see whether that happens again. It only seems to happen in track mode and not normal or sport and so far it’s only happened the one time.
Hmmm, that's a common symptom of VCT phasers losing their ability to lock onto the targeted setting when these cars are NA. But given you have a blower now it could be anything...

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Finally got rid of my fake spoiler and replaced it with the genuine FP one with gurney flap.
5493576E-EDBF-42AA-A0D5-D8B832BC9694.jpeg
the "ford spoilers" are much nicer than the knock-offs,i was able to see some pretty bad examples of the "gt350 track pack" before i opted for the "FORD PART"!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
the "ford spoilers" are much nicer than the knock-offs,i was able to see some pretty bad examples of the "gt350 track pack" before i opted for the "FORD PART"!
I thought it was a great knock off. Then I got the genuine one… man was I wrong, this thing is a piece or art.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
The co pilot joined me for this month .
Resized_20221002_073959.jpeg

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
images.jpg

I do adore northern Arizona though, I spend a lot of time there in the fall and summer usually.

Hmmm, that's a common symptom of VCT phasers losing their ability to lock onto the targeted setting when these cars are NA. But given you have a blower now it could be anything...
I keep telling myself that it is a dry heat . But we have had one hell of a monsoon season this year . Have had to weed eat at least 5 times this year , usually it is only once a year .

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Went out for my first drive with a local group I joined. Was a great day! Mine is ithe one in the middle :)
IMG_0281.JPG
Howdy, Alex!
- Ted, in the 'vert next to you...

Last edited:

50htickk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Xavier
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
which springs and other parts did you need..how is the ride and handeling?
They’re the steeda ultralite extreme lowering springs, they drop the car about two inches all around. They are honestly pretty bumpy compared to the stock base model suspension but considering that, it also rolls quitea bit less and feels less boaty, and corners better IMO. The negative camber is pretty bad so I think getting camber plates and camber bolts and rear camber arms is a must
Sponsored