Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@Willistylz I got my hood on Tuesday and was able to install it without any issues. I know its Shadow Black and thats a easy color to match up with but the color looks great. I am not sure I love it like I thought I would, but maybe it will grow on me. I also added my new shift knob from Twisted Shifterz which is pretty nice.
20220907_212439.jpg
20220908_110726 (1).jpg
20220908_110743.jpg

20220908_110726 (1).jpg
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Hey Mike,
Where does this elusive sound tube poke into the cabin? Is it up under the steering column?
Wouldn't it be easier to leave in place and plug from the cabin side?
Any pics? Thanks,
Bob
From what I understand, it is behind the accelerator pedal assembly, so that has to be removed to plug it from the inside. Some people have done that. But in terms of leaving it installed, I was mostly removing it for appearance reasons and to simplify the engine bay. There are no fewer than 6 locations on the sound tube where a grommet or hose clamp is used and each is a potential vacuum leak down the road. Also, it sort of obstructs access to some things on the driver side. I didnā€™t take any pics, but there are plenty on here of people doing the same thing. I donā€™t have my car with me today or I would get some. I will attach a pic of what I removed as it is still sitting on my toolbox here at work.

image.jpg

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
Hahahaha! The well loved Seussafone!
Look at our past threads regarding this Thing!
I bought the plug kit from lmr? . well worth the 20 bucks.
I have preserved mine for posterity at the useless stuff haul o fame.
Best regards guys
Dave

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Spark Plug gaps sorted. Just bought the gear from Amazon. Worked really well. :like:

Spark_Plugs1.jpg

Spark_Plugs2.jpg

Spark_Plugs3.jpg

Also went to local Ford dealer today and picked up x2 sump plugs (will keep one spare as they are always a special order item) in readiness for oil change. I bought 10l of Shell Helix Ultra AF 5W-30. Same stuff I put in last year. But I still need to order a filter.

Also I went to buy 13l of coolant ready for when I need to drop the current stuff. They had no pre-diluted bottles and they didn't have any "yellow" motorcraft coolant. So stuck with the usual "orange" coolant and had to get 7l (one to one ratio). Not a big deal but would have been a nice opportunity to replace with the newer colour.

Then I paid them Ā£100 for the privilege. šŸ˜­

Oh yeah, and bought one of these haha (didn't pay that much, seems to have gone up in price). Saying as I have no garage I'll be working outside to do the Supercharger work. I figured this would be ideal. Done some measurements and the front end of the car should fit in fine, even with the bonnet up whilst raised on axle stands. Then I can work on the car even if it is raining (also purchased the extra side panels that zip on).

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
From what I understand, it is behind the accelerator pedal assembly, so that has to be removed to plug it from the inside. Some people have done that. But in terms of leaving it installed, I was mostly removing it for appearance reasons and to simplify the engine bay. There are no fewer than 6 locations on the sound tube where a grommet or hose clamp is used and each is a potential vacuum leak down the road. Also, it sort of obstructs access to some things on the driver side. I didnā€™t take any pics, but there are plenty on here of people doing the same thing. I donā€™t have my car with me today or I would get some. I will attach a pic of what I removed as it is still sitting on my toolbox here at work.

image.jpg
Correct, the sound tube hole is right behind accelerator assembly part that is bolted to the body. It has a small gap so that the sound can pass, I guess, but the hole is pretty much invisible. Instead of removing the gas pedal, I found a matching size felt pads for furniture (you know those round ones that you attach at the bootom of bookshelf to prevent floor scratches), stacked them together to get desired thickness, and pushed behind pedal assembly ensuring very tight fit. It helped tame down all the unnecessary noises coming from engine bay area.

Went with this approach after giving up trying to fit my hand to plug the hole from firewall side.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

image.jpg
Wow. Thatā€™s a lot of plumbing!
Do you hear any difference in the cabin?

Sponsored

dafuture

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I did a similar thing with my black 2020 GT. I hated the looks of those fangs, so I replaced the grill with a Bullitt style grille and later added a black pony in the center. Pulling the bumper cover off wasnā€™t too difficult. Iā€™ve done it a couple times now. My wife thought I was nuts altering a brand new car.
Out of curiosity - when you did the Bullitt grille, did you do the top and bottom, or just the top portion? Also, any chance you have the part number?

Thanks!
Sponsored