Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Screenshot_20220907-140345_Firefox.png

Screenshot_20220907-114627_Firefox.jpg

Replaced stock shifter bracket with the Boomba
What a difference crisp solid feel.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yes, the truck driver should be ticketed for hit and run! C'mon now, he knew he hit something - driving over the front end of a car is quite different from driving over a 6" high curbing... Plus most rigs today also have many mirrors AND cams too....
Incident was caused by Western Express (freight) at 16:21 on 8/29.
It happened at 16:21 (4:21 pm) which means it was totally light outside, so the truck driver most likely fully saw what was happening in his rear view mirror but just kept on going. He knew he'd be up $h&t creek if he stopped and took care of it like he should have.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying at face value but I don’t let anyone touch my car. It’s almost impossible to find anyone I trust and a big part of why I have my car is so I can build it myself. I complain, but I love it. The only thing on my car that I didn’t do myself is paint the hood.
I agree with you, I do all my own work as well. But I dread the day I have to mess with the rear subframe lol. When I do gears I'll do it then

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Removed the sound tube. I find it to be a much more pleasant sound without it.
I’m considering removing it, why do you say it sounds better? Did you use a block off?

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Installed The JLT Performance master cylinder cover. Should have came that way from the factory

IMG_1514.jpg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’m considering removing it, why do you say it sounds better? Did you use a block off?
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the sound change. In fact, I was having trouble convincing myself I could even tell it was there to begin with. I didn’t remove it for the sound, but for the looks in the engine bay, but also really curious what the sound change would be. I have a non active factory exhaust with a steeda h pipe, so a little louder than normal. That being said, the difference is that it’s less noisy. Normally there’s some kind of audible distraction from up front. Couldn’t really put my finger on it though. With the windows up now, all you hear is the exhaust note, not anything from up front. I actually would be interested to hear what the sound tube sounds like if it could be recorded by itself, but probably not possible. I bet it sounds like ass.

I did use a firewall plug- and this is going to sound hackish- I cut the pipe about 1 inch from the firewall end after I took it out and used a heat gun to melt the plastic pipe closed. Went over the pinched end with a plastic welder to seal it shut, then put it back in the firewall. I thought I had the proper sized plug but was mistaken, so improvised. It’s temporary till I get the right size in a day or so. A rubber cap and a hose clamp goes on the intake pipe.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the sound change. In fact, I was having trouble convincing myself I could even tell it was there to begin with. I didn’t remove it for the sound, but for the looks in the engine bay, but also really curious what the sound change would be. I have a non active factory exhaust with a steeda h pipe, so a little louder than normal. That being said, the difference is that it’s less noisy. Normally there’s some kind of audible distraction from up front. Couldn’t really put my finger on it though. With the windows up now, all you hear is the exhaust note, not anything from up front. I actually would be interested to hear what the sound tube sounds like if it could be recorded by itself, but probably not possible. I bet it sounds like ass.

I did use a firewall plug- and this is going to sound hackish- I cut the pipe about 1 inch from the firewall end after I took it out and used a heat gun to melt the plastic pipe closed. Went over the pinched end with a plastic welder to seal it shut, then put it back in the firewall. I thought I had the proper sized plug but was mistaken, so improvised. It’s temporary till I get the right size in a day or so. A rubber cap and a hose clamp goes on the intake pipe.
But what will you do if you want to put the sound tube back??? Lmao

When I removed it all I noticed was a bit less drone from my exhaust at the time.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Interesting… might be worth trying and see what it’s like..

Gotta do what you gotta do to make stuff work in a pinch.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Someone got a nice rolling clip of mine the other day đź‘€

So so dirty. IDK when the last time I washed it fully...May?

@WD Pro shame me. 🤪

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Hey Mike,
Where does this elusive sound tube poke into the cabin? Is it up under the steering column?
Wouldn't it be easier to leave in place and plug from the cabin side?
Any pics? Thanks,
Bob

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not me, but my (UK) neighbour :like:

He's just sent me this of him living it up in Fort Myers :

c598de65-3cd1-4471-a968-a2aabe31cab3.JPG

I get on with Jerry really well and he loves my Mustang - which is fortunate as he's my closest neighbour and the only one likely to moan about the exhaust ... lol

I'm not sure how his rental is kitted out, but I've just text him how to find sport mode and instructed him to let it eat :cwl:

WD :like: