Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Plasti Dipped the Roush coil covers. They are not an exact match to the car color, I wanted them to be more of an accent color. White base with a Blaze orange then a coat of peralizer and metal flake. I like the look of them and in the sun the metal flake really shows up. Best part with Plasti Dip- if I wanna go back to a plain black finish, it peels off so easy.
20220729_093808.jpg
20220729_093757.jpg
20220729_093746.jpg

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Got mine coming up next month. Can't deicde on if I want to use Shell Helix Ultra again or try perhaps Millers EE performance variant. But looking at nearly £100 for 10l of Millers Oil. 😟
https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-74219-...nce-eco-5w-30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx

Saying that 10l of Shell Helix Ultra is still £80. So not much difference!
Wow, things are more expensive across the pond for sure!! I paid $62.44 USD for 10 quarts of fully synthetic 5W-30. $62.44 is roughly 75.22 GBP.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Finally added the rear seat delete. Left the shoulder belts in.
20220626_162624.jpg
I am thinking of doing this to mine as well. Could you answer a few questions for me?
  1. How was the install?
  2. Did you install any sound deadener?
  3. Did you notice any increase in interior noise?
  4. How sturdy is it? Can you put things on it without it bowing/sagging?
  5. Can you put a picture of what it looks like folded down?
  6. Looking on youtube for installs it looks like there isnt much securing it on the leading edge (towards the remaining seats). Does it sit securly up front?
  7. I'm still kinda new around here and I was wondering if you know of anyone that put out any plans/drawing/ideas/completed project pics for turning the removed seats into a chair/bench for an office/man cave?
Thanks in advance for anything that you can provide.

Jonny

Last edited:

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Washed it, re-painted coil and engine covers, installed my MMD radiator extension covers and drove it to Mustang Week

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I am thinking of doing this to mine as well. Could you answer a few questions for me?
  1. How was the install?
  2. Did you install any sound deadener?
  3. Did you notice any increase in interior noise?
  4. How sturdy is it? Can you put things on it without it bowing/sagging?
  5. Can you put a picture of what it looks like folded down?
  6. Looking on youtube for installs it looks like there isnt much securing it on the leading edge (towards the remaining seats). Does it sit securly up front?
  7. I'm still kinda new around here and I was wondering if you know of anyone that put out any plans/drawing/ideas/completed project pics for turning the removed seats into a chair/bench for an office/man cave?
Thanks in advance for anythign that you can provide.

Jonny
1) not bad at all, except I'm a big guy with big hands. I did have a little trouble getting my hands into the package shelf holes to install the quick release hardware for the upper panel.
2) No.
3) Yes. There is more road noise.
4) Pretty sturdy actually. I'm 340#, and can sit in the middle no issue. I believe they rate both sides at 100# each for cargo capacity.
5) It doesn't fold down. to button presses and the top panel comes out easy.
6) it isn't attached at the front, but gravity does it's thing.
7) haven't seen that yet, but great idea. Should be fairly easy to do with basic construction/fabrication skills.

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
1) not bad at all, except I'm a big guy with big hands. I did have a little trouble getting my hands into the package shelf holes to install the quick release hardware for the upper panel.
2) No.
3) Yes. There is more road noise.
4) Pretty sturdy actually. I'm 340#, and can sit in the middle no issue. I believe they rate both sides at 100# each for cargo capacity.
5) It doesn't fold down. to button presses and the top panel comes out easy.
6) it isn't attached at the front, but gravity does it's thing.
7) haven't seen that yet, but great idea. Should be fairly easy to do with basic construction/fabrication skills.
Thank you kindly sir...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm talking about the steering rack, for clarification's sake. The entire unit is being replaced.

While I typically try to DIY maintenance and repairs, I'm in a time crunch and haven't the time or energy to get it done myself...
Why is the entire EPAS being replaced for just a sensor?? They can’t just replace the steering sensor? What am I missing here?

Have you seen any of the EPAS/PSCM threads here, there might be some info that can help you out:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-epas-pscm-tech-accumulation.160616/