Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I hear ya; it was a question of getting off a major street safely. I turned right at that stop light after I was stuck behind grandma and grandpa (or an undercover in that white oil sheik dark tint POS in front of me). I didn't "see" anything but with these cars, unless the wheel was totally ripped off, chances are you wouldn't see much.

I drove to and from the office today, and to my girlfriends on the highway, and it seemed to be straight. I was in TRACK mode on the Magneride so it was kinda stiff and certainly got my attention. I've let go of the wheel a few times in the city and on the highway and nothing seems to pull to the left so I think I'm okay but Christ on a Bicycle, Batman.
Glad your car is ok. Had me rolling on the floor with Christ on a Bicycle, Batman 😂. I may have to use that one at some point
Sponsored

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Drive on a smooth road at least 50mph to see if you have a new vibration.

I use this to check the runout of my wheels. You can clamp it on a control arm and position it inside the barrel. I had two wheels with runout over 0.2". Spec is lower than 1/32".

63656_I.jpg

20210917_094203.jpg

What is the make and model of the tool? I've been looking for something like this!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What is the make and model of the tool? I've been looking for something like this!
Harbor Freight is my friend.

The flex shaft locks down rigid once you position the dial.
I was thinking it might also measure driveshaft runout, too.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Installed my replacement GT350 shift knob from americanmuscle.com. They (mostly) sent me a replacement.

The first one I bought, the metal plate with the gear pattern in it came lose, flopping around. When I changed it out, I discovered that that metal plate is screwed on, and all it needed was to be tightened.

So....now I have two GT350 shift knobs.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Sunday was my 70th birthday. I received ordered radiator extension covers from American Muscle. Today I installed them.
I really like the clean look.
Have a great evening! Dave

IMG_2022-06-22-12-54-44-418.jpg

IMG_2022-07-25-08-40-13-274.jpg

IMG_2022-07-25-08-54-36-042.jpg
I really like those, and want to get them for my vehicle. I went to their website and could not find them anywhere on their website. Do you happen to have a part # I might be able to look up? Thanks.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Took my convertible on for two open recalls. The door latch is being fixed now, but they said that the wiring harness repair kit from Ford is backordered by a couple months.

Mustang702000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.o , 2002 V6 convert
I really like those, and want to get them for my vehicle. I went to their website and could not find them anywhere on their website. Do you happen to have a part # I might be able to look up? Thanks.
Hi Bro. Part number is 398225. Under engine dressup. Thanks for the co,pliment. Dave

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Harbor Freight is my friend.

The flex shaft locks down rigid once you position the dial.
I was thinking it might also measure driveshaft runout, too.
It will also do that, just need to find something to clamp it on to. I would recommend getting a magnet mount, however, for that purpose. There may not always be somewhere to clamp to near the driveshaft.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Independence Pass has so many that many people prefer to close their eyes and enjoy being passengers. I love the sights driving it and Columbine. I don't like being a passenger. Over 12,000 ft at the summit and.....................no guard rails, so stay in your lane.

whats switchbacks?

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Today I looked a little less fondly at my Mustang, as I authorized the single most expensive repair I've ever had on a car. My steering angle sensor and right rear speed sensor went bad and the former requires the steering gear to be replaced. All in, I'm looking at a bill north of $3k. 🙃

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Today I looked at it a little less fondly at my Mustang, as I authorized the single most expensive repair I've ever had on a car. My steering angle sensor and right rear speed sensor went bad and the former requires the steering gear to be replaced. All in, I'm looking at a bill north of $3k. 🙃
Ouch!

What is a steering gear? Part of the steering rack?

Don't know the labor or part cost but how much would a salvage yard rack cost?
Sponsored