Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Took my car to an old airbase for a few photos.
4AABA7D6-5EA6-4E37-BF24-D951DD2C1A29.jpeg
tv
4AABA7D6-5EA6-4E37-BF24-D951DD2C1A29.jpeg
695BBFC2-94A1-4F5A-916E-CFD0F4489E9D.jpeg
F0CB3ECD-065C-40D2-A64A-408156A8F079.jpeg
7B3F6F7B-9994-4258-8ECC-7E9E3912C962.jpeg
46A34816-143D-4353-93A1-2D762B04CD57.jpeg
Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Was that a genuine S550 Steeda McQueen Bullitt and if so, do you recall the build #? Or was it a regular Bullitt with the Steeda McQuen rims?
Thank you! I'm glad you guys like seeing my car show photos. I didn't know if this was the correct place. As for the Bullitt, I thought it was a genuine Steeda version. But, it didn't have the medallion. Just the rims. I have seen a genuine one at Cars and Coffee before, so cool!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
That's the entrance to Arches National Park in Moab, UT. I've been there a few times, it's absolutely worth a visit!
You are very close! This is one of the arches that is visible off the road when driving into Moab. It's not quite in the park but we did go to the park that day as well.

Full trip was from the Phoenix Area to Cortez, CO and then to Moab, UT. After Moab we made stops in Grand Junction, Gunnison, and Denver CO. After CO we dropped my 11 year old off in Norfolk NE and then we drove to Little Rock AR and my wife and 8 year old stayed in AR for a month and I flew back to AZ for about 2 weeks. When I got back to AR we drove BACK to NE to pick up my oldest and returned to AR. He stayed with friends and we piled my Mother in Law in the back and went to Gulf Shores, AL for a week. Returned back to AR and dropped off Mom and then went to Dallas for a few days and then home..

Wheh... Long trip.

Wait, you took a Supercharged Mustang on an 8000 mile road trip and STILL managed 22mpg?

If that's not an advert for Roush I don't know what is LOL
Yup. Car had the Roush P2 kit installed at 700 miles and has mainly been driven in town. Averages about 12MPG in town and 22-26 on the highway.

This just made me howl laughing because whenever anyone says anything about my back seats, I always say "Yeah. That's only for people you hate".
LOL.. :) I actually love my mother in law, she's awesome. My wife and kids typically spend June and July in AR with me driving them there and staying a few weeks at the beginning and then flying back to AZ for a few weeks of work.

Hopefully, everyone's recovered.
You'd be surprised how much my wife and kids enjoyed traveling in the Mustang, back seat and all. I figured they would all want to murder me when we returned. My wife was not really a fan of the Mustang until this trip actually... She got to see firsthand how much attention the car gets when it's out and about.

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
OK, so this won't be the most exciting post on this thread, but it is what I did to my S550 today 😁

Last week, I opened the door next to a low stone retaining wall that did not quite clear. I put a small scrape along the very bottom lip of the driver's door.

20220717_130429.jpg

Fortunately, it cannot be seen without crawling under the car, but I was afraid that it would be a great place for rust to start.

Today, I touched it up with a Ford touchup pen. Easy peasy! The light spots in the photo are actually a reflection.

20220717_143308.jpg

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Gave her a bath and then took a cheeky shot under the sun

Cheeky.jpg

Sponsored

svildosola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
It is the same one. CJ Pony Parts had the best price on it. You can also use Forscan to enable it on your dadh also (which is more usable) but the gauges itself looks cooler imo.
thank you! i'll check it out.
i just wonder how the ECU knows the actual manifold press/vac since I believe our cars don't have a map sensor. peehaps just calculated bases on the actual messured MAF....
doubt the gauge has a vaccum hose all the way to the manifold though :)

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
thank you! i'll check it out.
i just wonder how the ECU knows the actual manifold press/vac since I believe our cars don't have a map sensor. peehaps just calculated bases on the actual messured MAF....
doubt the gauge has a vaccum hose all the way to the manifold though :)
The gauge is all electronic I know that, so there is no vacuum line to them. I am not sure sure how it is calculated, but I think in the boosted forum someone explained where it gets its data from.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Sorry for the bad 1st picture. I was cleaning the engine bay and found that blue rubberband. I took it off. Any ideas?

20220717_174349.jpg

20220717_194829.jpg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
I had a "carbon fiber" look vinyl wrap on my hood for the last few years. Two different ones, due to losing the original when I got hail damage last year. But, the second one was poor quality and not durable. It was starting to discolor and had scratches on it from where I tried removing bird waste. But, I took it off today with the help of my neighbors in the
heat. It feels cleaner and I like the look.
After
1658102762788.png

Before

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_1142 (1).JPG

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Bought it Friday. Wheels & spoiler Saturday. Stripe delete today (dealership detailer ruined). New stripes and more upcoming.

AA80DA91-04E2-44DF-82BD-09F13206CE0E.jpeg

1B4AD6F5-0AC8-4CF3-B10D-A1D92F1D05D8.jpeg

340BB24B-A202-4A38-9664-0BFE35171C6C.jpeg

29675ED0-E3EE-451C-B3AB-547533236EC7.jpeg

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I had a "carbon fiber" look vinyl wrap on my hood for the last few years. Two different ones, due to losing the original when I got hail damage last year. But, the second one was poor quality and not durable. It was starting to discolor and had scratches on it from where I tried removing bird waste. But, I took it off today with the help of my neighbors in the
heat. It feels cleaner and I like the look.
After
1658102762788.png

Before

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_1142 (1).JPG
Honestly, looks better without the wrap, definitely much cleaner.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, looks better without the wrap, definitely much cleaner.
Thanks!! :) That's what I've been thinking all year so far. The wrap was textured and not smooth feeling either. :)

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Three months after receiving the shifter parts from MGW I finally have found some time to installed the MGW Race Spec shifter. I did not remove the cat back nor drive shaft and consequently it took me 2 days because I could not get the top arm long bolt out. I was afraid I would break something so I stopped for the day. Eventually I forcefully pulled down the drive shaft using an additional lever to get it out. So I recommend to at least loosen the drive shaft a bit. There is enough room to reach all bolts. Sure, it's not convenient but it works without problem.
The dust boot was another issue but as per recommendation here in the forum to flip the dust boot inside out it became very easy to attach.

I must say using this shifter is a very much different shifting feeling. Especially with wide open throttle acceleration you can feel a lot of vibration from the engine and transmission when holding the shifter which is a good thing, connection to the transmission feels way more direct than before. With the OEM shifter all the NVH is absorbed by the chassis where the stock shifter is attached. There is no additional abnormal noise or heat when the light OEM dampener mat , the dark MGW dampener mat and the center console are installed but before I did that that I took a test drive without all of them installed, even without the dust boot to check if something is off before I put all of it together. Just a hint: Without the dust boot installed, you can hear more sound from the engine, transmission and exhaust but you will also have some unpleasant fumes, not from exhaust but from the engine, coming though the shifter opening.

The good thing after all this is that you can take your time and do it right and have enough time to check everything is correctly done. With a shop you don't know unless they are experienced with these rare or unusual installs and know what not to do. Also this install is something very worthwhile if you like working on your own car.

The synchronizer rings still seem to take their time to do their job, so next I will add BG Syncro Shift II to see if there is a difference. In this regard there was no difference compared to the OEM shifter.

I bought all shifter variations (long, short and flat stick) but my first impression is that flat stick shifter is similar in length to the short shifter and it looks fantastic.

The gear shifting reduction feels good with the short and flat stick. I might shorten the short stick like half an inch or so to see when shifting becomes a bit too hard. At least now with the MGW shifter installed you do not have the impression that that you will accidentally break something when shifting hard. There is almost no flex left.

One more thing that I will probably change is the the gripper spherical shift knob. The weight is good but they are a bit small. so I might look for a 35 - 65% larger shift knob.

While I was about to attach the center console I noticed a spare connector (see last image).
Does anyone have an idea what that used is for ? It's just sitting in a holder on the passenger side.

All in all a very great product. I fully recommend it if you want a more direct connection to the transmission and the possibility to swap between different handles easily.

mgw_shifter_done1.jpg

mgw_shifter_done2.jpg

mgw_shifter_done3.jpg

spare_connector.jpg

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Three months after receiving the shifter parts from MGW I finally have found some time to installed the MGW Race Spec shifter. I did not remove the cat back nor drive shaft and consequently it took me 2 days because I could not get the top arm long bolt out. I was afraid I would break something so I stopped for the day. Eventually I forcefully pulled down the drive shaft using an additional lever to get it out. So I recommend to at least loosen the drive shaft a bit. There is enough room to reach all bolts. Sure, it's not convenient but it works without problem.
The dust boot was another issue but as per recommendation here in the forum to flip the dust boot inside out it became very easy to attach.

I must say using this shifter is a very much different shifting feeling. Especially with wide open throttle acceleration you can feel a lot of vibration from the engine and transmission when holding the shifter which is a good thing, connection to the transmission feels way more direct than before. With the OEM shifter all the NVH is absorbed by the chassis where the stock shifter is attached. There is no additional abnormal noise or heat when the light OEM dampener mat , the dark MGW dampener mat and the center console are installed but before I did that that I took a test drive without all of them installed, even without the dust boot to check if something is off before I put all of it together. Just a hint: Without the dust boot installed, you can hear more sound from the engine, transmission and exhaust but you will also have some unpleasant fumes, not from exhaust but from the engine, coming though the shifter opening.

The good thing after all this is that you can take your time and do it right and have enough time to check everything is correctly done. With a shop you don't know unless they are experienced with these rare or unusual installs and know what not to do. Also this install is something very worthwhile if you like working on your own car.

The synchronizer rings still seem to take their time to do their job, so next I will add BG Syncro Shift II to see if there is a difference. In this regard there was no difference compared to the OEM shifter.

I bought all shifter variations (long, short and flat stick) but my first impression is that flat stick shifter is similar in length to the short shifter and it looks fantastic.

The gear shifting reduction feels good with the short and flat stick. I might shorten the short stick like half an inch or so to see when shifting becomes a bit too hard. At least now with the MGW shifter installed you do not have the impression that that you will accidentally break something when shifting hard. There is almost no flex left.

One more thing that I will probably change is the the gripper spherical shift knob. The weight is good but they are a bit small. so I might look for a 35 - 65% larger shift knob.

While I was about to attach the center console I noticed a spare connector (see last image).
Does anyone have an idea what that used is for ? It's just sitting in a holder on the passenger side.

All in all a very great product. I fully recommend it if you want a more direct connection to the transmission and the possibility to swap between different handles easily.

mgw_shifter_done1.jpg

mgw_shifter_done2.jpg

mgw_shifter_done3.jpg

spare_connector.jpg
so basically no improvements in notchy shifting? I've heard mixed things on changing from DCT to another fluid. Although it may solve notchy shifting at lower speeds and cooler temp, due to lower or slippery viscosity, it may cause detrimental trans wear on the dog teeth at wide open and high blocker ring speeds.
Sponsored