Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Is applying two (2) layers of PPF a new thing?

1656965469721.png

Also the XPEL PPF (2 layers) is going to take time to cure and that won't go on until AFTER the stripes.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Is applying two (2) layers of PPF a new thing?
That is a mistake on my part. Updated my OP for this.
  • 2 layers of Ceramic.
  • 1 layer of XPEL
They are putting the PPF over the stripes and those get installed tomorrow. Today was bath day.

Paint Protection Film Supreme 2dr-Ford Mustang GT

Full front hood, full front fenders, upper, lower front bumper, front headlights, sport lights, front sides of rear view mirrors

Ceramic Supreme 2Dr 2-Ply Ceramic coating
Includes: Wash-dry, clay bar paint, compound-polish, alcohol wipe down, 1-layer ceramic 9H base paint-trim coat, 2-layer ceramic paint-trim top coat, 2-layer windshield-glass, 2-layer wheel-caliper. Limited Lifetime Warranty

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am beyond impressed and will now shut up about the 2.5 hr bike ride I did today. I looked close for time elapsed but assume 12+ hours which is mind boggling. Nice how they make you run slightly uphill to get to the finish line.... sadist!
I always ask 'what were you running from' lol

Anything over 100 miles is a long, long day and the amount of food/water to get you there is amazing! My personal 'day of suffering' was a 100 miles/10000' of climbing 8 years ago, took 7 hours not counting time spent fixing 3 flats!

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 4.07.53 PM.png
Yeah 112 miles on a bike is no easy feat and in the case of doing it in a triathlon, made more difficult from the swim before (energy already consumed) and the run after (energy you need to keep in the tank).

A 12 hour Ironman takes some going for an average Joe (like the misses and myself) that have jobs, other hobbies and family commitments etc - especially on a tough course, Ironman UK being one of the tougher courses on their books and it was changed this year to circa 7K of climbing.

The concern we had with my misses was getting her off the bike (10.5 hour cut off from her swim start time) and she managed that with a 8:18 bike and 35 mins spare before the cut off. She finished in 15:29 and Ironman has a 17:00 cut off.

My longest bike rides in triathlon are my Ironman (112.8 miles, 6:53 with 6k of climbing with a cost of 5495 calories) and Brutal (117.2 miles, 8:34 with 10k of climbing with a cost of 5933 calories). Both were ridden sensibly knowing the marathon was waiting for me at the end of them, particularly with Brutal as that's a trail / mountain marathon. My total calorie burn for Brutal was just under 12k ... 😲

The things we do to teach ourselves lessons and keep us 'sane' ... :giggle:

WD :like:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Day #2 without my Mustang.

1657038430476.png

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah 112 miles on a bike is no easy feat and in the case of doing it in a triathlon, made more difficult from the swim before (energy already consumed) and the run after (energy you need to keep in the tank).

A 12 hour Ironman takes some going for an average Joe (like the misses and myself) that have jobs, other hobbies and family commitments etc - especially on a tough course, Ironman UK being one of the tougher courses on their books and it was changed this year to circa 7K of climbing.

The concern we had with my misses was getting her off the bike (10.5 hour cut off from her swim start time) and she managed that with a 8:18 bike and 35 mins spare before the cut off. She finished in 15:29 and Ironman has a 17:00 cut off.

My longest bike rides in triathlon are my Ironman (112.8 miles, 6:53 with 6k of climbing with a cost of 5495 calories) and Brutal (117.2 miles, 8:34 with 10k of climbing with a cost of 5933 calories). Both were ridden sensibly knowing the marathon was waiting for me at the end of them, particularly with Brutal as that's a trail / mountain marathon. My total calorie burn for Brutal was just under 12k ... 😲

The things we do to teach ourselves lessons and keep us 'sane' ... :giggle:

WD :like:
I looked at my treadmill the other day. Then I went and did something else. 😁

Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got my spoiler back from the paint shop today. Woo! Need to find time to fit it; hopefully, end of this week if everything goes to plan.
:dance:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
After three weeks waiting I finally get to pick it up today. It started having issues back in December where the electronic dash would go black. It lit back up fairly quickly and I thought that maybe it was a one-time issue the first time. But then it started happening again and three times in one week I decided to take it in back in March.

They tried reprogramming, no luck. So ordered a new cluster. After no word from them I stopped in and let the service manager know I was not happy with no one getting back to me despite promises stretching over 3 months and had a real question as to whether they had ever ordered it even. After that visit suddenly the part that was alleged to be on order but subject to back order showed up within 3 days.

They installed the new cluster - and the dash was triggering off on the new cluster. Finally they sent out a field engineer to look at it before trying another cluster. That was a week ago and today I was getting ready to go in again to express my displeasure at the delay "waiting to hear back from the engineer and we don't know how to contact him" response. Instead they called me and said that they tried a new cluster and all is working now.

So almost 4 months after the initial attempt to fix it, they finally have it fixed, allegedly. We'll see.

I did check on the recall for this issue, but my car was not within the recall period of installation.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I finished tinting the remainder of my lights/reflectors... the tail-lights didn't go so well, the angle where the light goes back out towards the top would not adhere properly, ended up tearing the vinyl trying to get all of the bubbles out.

So I tore that off and ordered some smoked plastic covers, lol

I'll post some more pics once the covers are installed :)

Reactions: MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So I tore that off and ordered some smoked plastic covers, lol
Careful with these. They look great! I love mine. I've been pulled over twice by two different cops saying it's too dark. Neither time was I speeding or making noise. Legit low-key and I still got WOOP WOOPED.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Careful with these. They look great! I love mine. I've been pulled over twice by two different cops saying it's too dark. Neither time was I speeding or making noise. Legit low-key and I still got WOOP WOOPED.
Time will tell I guess... Like the rest of the tint, all is easily removed.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Picked up the GT after PPF install. First 1/3 of hood and fenders, mirrors, grill, bumper, lights. The passenger mirror piece lifted a bit,...but they'll make it right
IMG_0385.JPG
Hung out with a few friends

715A17D5-B347-4463-8951-708FE723671A.jpeg

900E125A-A2C5-4A1E-B458-26F791AE625E.jpeg
Needed a white one in the mix for the 4th of July, would have looked great!

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
New shoes. Got 27k out of the OE Pirellis. Also ditched the single-use OE lug nuts for some solid ones. Discount Tire was crowded like a nightclub, but they busted it out in just under an hour.

IMG_0627.JPEG

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Got the wheel spacers on finally. 275/35/19 fronts 295/35/19 rears. The rear is super close but it doesn’t hit thankfully lol.. it makes the car look amazing with the Eibach lowering springs.
ED8C3B0D-6A14-4FD0-A508-472A999D5A68.jpeg
B492653D-88A9-451D-BBC4-ACFDEFB6765F.jpeg
443B962F-D8F1-42CC-89A0-CDE5493D0C66.jpeg

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
New shoes. Got 27k out of the OE Pirellis. Also ditched the single-use OE lug nuts for some solid ones. Discount Tire was crowded like a nightclub, but they busted it out in just under an hour.

IMG_0627.JPEG
Thank you for your business!

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase