Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Link to the hood?
I need that at the track.
I strongly advise going against using the manufacturer that I did. Their customer service was horrible and the hood arrived with damage. This has happened to other people as well. It cost me $1000 CDN (out of my own pocket) to have repaired.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Forgot to add I put the ole trunk pop struts on from Steeda yesterday. Loved that on my 2019. My fiance was like "and why didn't they do that from the factory?". Good question babe, good question.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Is that compatible with a roll cage?
It will need notching for some, but yes it will work with a cage.

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Forgot to add I put the ole trunk pop struts on from Steeda yesterday. Loved that on my 2019. My fiance was like "and why didn't they do that from the factory?". Good question babe, good question.
Something I have been considering...how much harder to close the lid with the Steeda pop kit?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I strongly advise going against using the manufacturer that I did. Their customer service was horrible and the hood arrived with damage. This has happened to other people as well. It cost me $1000 CDN (out of my own pocket) to have repaired.
Good to know.
Guess I'll have to research the forum on hood options.

Reactions: MCS

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It definitely needs more downward pressure but not really hard. You will not be able to just "throw" it down.

Something I have been considering...how much harder to close the lid with the Steeda pop kit?

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
It takes quite some effort to close,use the top of trunk not the deck lid. Keep your chin away when popping the trunk I've came close to getting wacked.šŸ˜¬

Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Didnā€™t work for me. Got the part steeda recommended for the cs spoiler and after a few months trunk doesnā€™t pop but remains hard to close. Be going back to stock.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
It's not bad at all. Little stiff in winter, but just one hand in the middle and push down. I take the harder to push down over no pop, especially when my hands are full walking to the trunk.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Attentive fiancee you got that. Something damned cool about a wife that loves to take the Bullitt for a spin and rip it, so I feel ya there. :)

It takes quite some effort to close,use the top of trunk not the deck lid. Keep your chin away when popping the trunk I've came close to getting wacked.šŸ˜¬
Much like others said, it does take considerable effort over stock to close, equal action/reaction sort of a thing. But it's miles better than just the stock silly little pop.
I've learned the right amount of pressure while closing on the trunk lid (the black panel), not where spoiler would sit (sheet metal). I've seen pictures of people denting that.

Also do let your friends know if you're opening the trunk for them - I almost cost my friend a few of his front teeth.

Didnā€™t work for me. Got the part steeda recommended for the cs spoiler and after a few months trunk doesnā€™t pop but remains hard to close. Be going back to stock.
Mine failed in the winter. Steeda said it should fine for winter use and not degrade, so they sent me warranty replacements that worked well since. You might want to give that a shot.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Attentive fiancee you got that. Something damned cool about a wife that loves to take the Bullitt for a spin and rip it, so I feel ya there. :)
Def, she had a GT in the 90's in high school, and her mom had a Cobra in the early 2000's. Shes def a mustang woman. She's not afraid to get in this one and drive.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Went to fill up with E85 today, (actually E87) first real drive I did since installing the Steeda Hardcore Diff support and black bushings, DSS Aluminum driveshaft, and stepping down from a 4" to 3.5" pulley, and damn does this car feel like a different car. The rear end feels like it doesn't move a MM. Slight gear whine around 35mph and up (Steeda said this will happen, doesn't bother me) and holy crap does this car have power now. I'm going to Great Lakes Dragaway this evening, and I might just try a second gear launch. first gear power and the 1-2 shift just seem like too much now. I will probably go back to the 4" for street driving after this. Keep the 3.5" for a racing pulley. Can't really open the throttle much on the street now.
20220629_085502.jpg
Sponsored