Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Is the other end of that plug around the battery cable?
if so, it is the battery current sensor.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Forgot to remove my spare at the track. 50# handicap to give the other guys a chance...

Wife thought it helped me stay on the track but she couldn't understand the concept of polar moment of inertia.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is the other end of that plug around the battery cable?
if so, it is the battery current sensor.
You didn't quote my post, but I'm assuming you're replying to mine since you were the very next comment. :)

I am not sure, will check it out more today, I just noticed it last night, it was dark and tough to take a clear picture of it with flash.
I'll definitely look, but wouldn't that throw a light or a code?

From what I could tell, the plug didn't have much play or give, and it's probably good foot from the battery itself, unless the sensor itself is in-line away from the battery also.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Gotten the 22S37 recall done last night (the manual gear position sensor). I wonder if it'll help with the rev matching sometimes not working while coming to a stop from say 3-2-N gears.

Threw in a wheel alignment to make sure my new Pilot 4 A/S don't wear too fast.

Lastly, has anyone got a clue what this harness is supposed to be? I was filling my windshield washer fluid and noticed a blue rubber band and then an unplugged harness. There's no male-plug in the vicinity, so maybe it's a dummy part or something?

No dash lights, no issues. It doesn't look like a diagnostic port to me, def not OBD2. The fact it's not capped makes me think it should be plugged into something.

1656093127817.png
It's an unused current sensor. Ford made a running change on the wiring harness and didn't remove it. Many of us have these.

The rubber band is the assembly line worker not doing his job 100%. They are supposed to remove them from the wire harness prior to installation.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's an unused current sensor. Ford made a running change on the wiring harness and didn't remove it. Many of us have these.

The rubber band is the assembly line worker not doing his job 100%. They are supposed to remove them from the wire harness prior to installation.
Ah okay. I figured the rubber band was someone's laziness, just didn't know on the harness.

Good to know, thanks!

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Nothing and will be Nothing for 4 weeks or so. Surgery on left arm, carpal tunnel and relocate the funny bone nerve as hand goes numb after a few minutes holding anything. At least Mines auto so can still drive with just right hand.
20220624_161435.jpg

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing and will be Nothing for 4 weeks or so. Surgery on left arm, carpal tunnel and relocate the funny bone nerve as hand goes numb after a few minutes holding anything. At least Mines auto so can still drive with just right hand.
20220624_161435.jpg
Best of luck with your recovery.

You can now feel how it is to drive a BMW; no turn signal use.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
20220624_161435.jpg
Had that same surgery on the same arm a few years ago. Glad I had it done. You will probably be able to predict when it rains now. At least you can still enjoy the mustang.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
20220624_161435.jpg
Rest up. I am doing something similar for the next 7 weeks, but on my left foot. And yes, good thing I have an automatic.
June 2022.jpg