Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I sanded down my terrible painting skills on my calipers :giggle: and fixed it with that and clear coat on it. Also splashed some glitter on my pinks today. Thanks to @shogun32 for letting me work there today.

C20C4ED6-6EC0-4569-B79D-7BAA3CAFC20E.jpeg
And here is a close-up of @EmCel pink calipers. There is glitter all over the driveway and pink paint on the soap bottle, faucets, and well, everything she touched during the ordeal. :)

2022-05-18 09.33.14.jpg
OK I had resisted, but now I will say it - Nice pink bits ... :like: @EmCel

My gap looks ugly AF!
Well, now I'm not quite sure what to say to that ... :bandit:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Enjoyed the gas station lighting while my wallet got raped.

20220526_015507.jpg
As someone that just returned from home (Czech) where I filled up a rental for $7.25/gal on regular, I'm quite excited to fill up my Bullitt at Costco at about $4.50/gal on premium.

Edit: Just looked at Gasbuddy, seems it'll be $4.95/gal. Oof.

Last edited:

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
Enjoyed the gas station lighting while my wallet got raped.

20220526_015507.jpg
I feel ya, I paid $5.69/g last night, and that's just for our shitty AZ 91 premium.

Car did look good under the lights at least, though.

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
it's just the calipers but...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-red-caliper-brembo-kit.175809/#post-3556009

Otherwise buy the kit from Steeda. $1200 and includes pads, braided lines and so forth. Ask for the M6G discount.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-6040-s550-bullitt-front-brake-kit
Thanks. I ended up ordering the red front Brembo kit from Levittown. Their kit includes the two dust shields that the Steeda kit was missing. $1400 with tax and half off the shipping.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I’m really considering taking off the GT/CS stickers on the side. I’m good with the grill and rear deck emblems.
2CE1484B-8D9E-45EB-9E8B-3CB079E32F33.jpeg
I love 'em. Think they look great on the lower side. I've seen some other CS of different years where the stripes were on the middle of the door and didn't look as good.

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Thought that was Toronto for a second cuz I had similar encounters yesterday and almost every single day. Agreed that dash cams are a must.
Happens everywhere. I don't think driver's education classes are required anymore for obtaining a driver's license. I mean, I don't remember being taught half of the stuff I see happening on a daily basis.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Not today, but finished painting the calipers in black using G2 paint. Happy with how they turned out.

Calipers.jpg

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Drove in a rain storm…. Man these s550s soooo much better in rain. My foxbodies… I couldn’t drive if it was going to rain next week… the 97&99 were a little better but still drove like a grand pa….

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
added 1" of preload to my QA1 250lb/in spring, 9" long. This is with 3" of preload on the spring. I noted how the ride over square-edged bumps improved with the extra inch - cringe-worthy klangs replaced with rounded thuds... I'm probably getting very close to coil-bind at full compression (2" of travel left out of <3.5") and the nose of the car was definitely more lively after the change in corner-entry transition.

2022-05-24 18.23.53.jpg

@TeeLew helpfully threw a bucket of cold water at me by pointing out the problem with this Fortune-Auto shock+spring combo is that the spring and it's perch are just slightly more than a finger's width from the 265/40 sidewall on 9.5" rims WITH the 15mm spacer in place. If no spacer and if I use a longer spring (10 or even 12") that will cause overlap with the sidewall and dangerous rubbing. The pic above is car at rest, so the whole assembly is thankfully sitting above the tire. I can probably get sufficient clearance by making sure the shock is angled for maximum deflection at the knuckle and locking it in-place with https://professionalawesome.com/product/strut-camber-locks/

2022-05-22 19.08.55.jpg

and here is a close-up of @EmCel pink calipers. There is glitter all over the driveway and pink paint on the soap bottle, faucets, and well, everything she touched during the ordeal. :)

2022-05-18 09.33.14.jpg
Gotta be tough to explain the pink glitter on the driveway after she left.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I got the Barton Hybrid shifter installed today... the shifts are SHORT now I love it.

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Rock chip repairs and Paint correction... Oh man, has that been a chore and a half. Almost finished, should have it done, washed, and waxed by the end of the weekend.

The front of the car was covered with "sand-chips"... Note that there is NO dust on it.
Before.jpg

I used the Dr. Colorchip kit a little "off-label", in that I used the squeegee to apply paint to the whole area (rather than individual chips). After letting it dry I carefully wiped the area with the activator / cleaner. A few thick streaks required specific attention to remove. Not all of the paint stayed in the chips, but at least it toned down the contrast between the ruby red and the white of the chips.

After.jpg

However, the process swirled the crap out of it. It is coming up on a week of curing time this weekend, so I'll have to chance a light polish. Hopefully it doesn't remove the paint that stayed behind.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Rock chip repairs and Paint correction... Oh man, has that been a chore and a half. Almost finished, should have it done, washed, and waxed by the end of the weekend.

The front of the car was covered with "sand-chips"... Note that there is NO dust on it.
Before.jpg

I used the Dr. Colorchip kit a little "off-label", in that I used the squeegee to apply paint to the whole area (rather than individual chips). After letting it dry I carefully wiped the area with the activator / cleaner. A few thick streaks required specific attention to remove. Not all of the paint stayed in the chips, but at least it toned down the contrast between the ruby red and the white of the chips.

After.jpg

However, the process swirled the crap out of it. It is coming up on a week of curing time this weekend, so I'll have to chance a light polish. Hopefully it doesn't remove the paint that stayed behind.
Nice job.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Its not just the nut, there is a captive stud that is required also.

And yes, it is the same item as the top

Looks like it might be 5,6,7 from the schematic.
You were spot-on with the parts on the diagram. Thanks, dude!

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Not today, but finished painting the calipers in black using G2 paint. Happy with how they turned out.

Calipers.jpg
Nice job! Did you take the calipers off to do it?
Also love those wheels.
Sponsored