Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
My water deionizer got delivered so I can spot free wash my black beauty.

PXL_20220510_223726712.jpg
I think I need this........

Where did you buy?
Have you used before?
What's your process? Rinse only?
Worth it?

So many questions..... :surprised: Sorry!!!
Sponsored

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
I think I need this........

Where did you buy?
Have you used before?
What's your process? Rinse only?
Worth it?

So many questions..... :surprised: Sorry!!!

Unfortunately due to my work week, I haven't tried it yet. I will certainly follow up. I have really hard water so my plan is to use it for the whole process since I'm not a detailer and just using it for personal use. I did opt for the bypass valves so I could skip using the filter at times during the cleaning process. Often I rinsed down my car/truck and it dries before I get to the other side. Creating spots right from the get-go. That's why I plan to use it for the whole process. The website is right on the bottle where I bought it from www.portablwwaterdi.com

The owner know way more than. I ever care to know. He goes over your planned use, refers to a water hardness chart by zip code etc. He then makes a suggestion on which system he recommends. He down sold me from what I thought I needed.

More to come if it's worth it and if I like it. Hopefully this weekend!

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
Unfortunately due to my work week, I haven't tried it yet. I will certainly follow up. I have really hard water so my plan is to use it for the whole process since I'm not a detailer and just using it for personal use. I did opt for the bypass valves so I could skip using the filter at times during the cleaning process. Often I rinsed down my car/truck and it dries before I get to the other side. Creating spots right from the get-go. That's why I plan to use it for the whole process. The website is right on the bottle where I bought it from www.portablwwaterdi.com

The owner know way more than. I ever care to know. He goes over your planned use, refers to a water hardness chart by zip code etc. He then makes a suggestion on which system he recommends. He down sold me from what I thought I needed.

More to come if it's worth it and if I like it. Hopefully this weekend!

Awesome, thanks!!

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP

Sponsored

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP
Installed Powerstop Z23 all around. Also did a full detail of the wheels since I had them off. I hate cleaning PP wheels, but they do look great cleaned up.
3562D010-7163-4791-92EE-0776FBE608F7.jpeg
I did the Z23's recently as well, so easy to change and a big difference in brake dust. I didn't really notice any difference in performance but I did break them in properly.

z23.png

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I looked into Micheline's warranty. It states a 30K "limited warranty", and offers no description of what "limited" means.

I'll go out on a limb and say that means no warranty. They barely last 20K miles, much less 30K.
It's very convoluted. You have to open the PDFs in the links near the bottom of their page (under the Downloads section) and read all the footnotes and fine print. Their OEM tire and not-OEM tire warranties are different.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/assistance/warranty

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It's very convoluted. You have to open the PDFs in the links near the bottom of their page (under the Downloads section) and read all the footnotes and fine print. Their OEM tire and not-OEM tire warranties are different.

https://www.michelinman.com/auto/assistance/warranty
Yeah....I already went through all of that.

There's absolutely 0 description of what "limited warranty" means. But I'll bet it means only factory defects are warrantied.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Added the RTR (Koni) adjustable struts. Shocks next. No impressions just yet as the car is in full mod mode in the garage.

Struts.JPG

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
What’s the proper break in procedure?
Drive hard and fast, get as much heat into the pads as you possibly can the moment you put them on the car.

Just in case you didn’t know, I’m kidding. Don’t do that.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
3869151C-D232-4481-997C-46472A2915F4.jpeg
Just bought a ROUSH CAI from AM - currently in the install process (Update: I dropped my screwdriver in the fender crack đź« )

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
As lots of others have, I installed a Steeda clutch pedal spring. Install didn't go smoothly at first. I tried needle nose Vise grips and struggled like hell as they kept slipping off. Cannot recommend that method. I used regular size Vise grips instead. Push the pedal down all the way with your left arm, get the jaws over two coils. Squeeze the Vise grip with your right hand until it locks. The spring assembly literally falls out. Transfer the perch to the Steeda spring and compress by hand, bottom in first.

I took it out for a rip. The new spring required much more effort to move the clutch than the OEM spring (as is expected). If you have a weak leg or bad knee or you commute in stop & go traffic, you might not like it. I found it much easier to modulate the clutch due to a more linear action and the Steeda spring doesn't try to throw your leg off at the engagement point like the OEM did. The feeling is more like a traditional clutch. I highly recommend it.
Sponsored