Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
As someone else mentioned, the OEM tire warranty is covered through the car manufacturer's tire warranty. Pretty much the same with all car manufacturers. You should have got a pamphlet on the tire warranty, and if not it can be found on Ford's website for your car.

I can see why a tire manufacturer would cut the warranty duration on tires that can't be rotated - ie, the staggered setup.

Didn't you have an alignment issue? And it could also be that the Bullitt comes with a more aggressive track type of alignment, which will wear out the inside edges faster.
To add clarity to this, the Mustang owner manual states that Ford does not warranty the tires that came with the car. But the tire maker does, and there is a separate insert with the OM that explains their warranty.

If you have a claim within the mileage limit, Ford will perform the service at no charge.

At least this is how I understand it.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Michelin does provide the warranty for OEM, because they are covered under the factory warranty. I don’t think any tire manufacturer warranties OEM tires. Had an issue with the tires on my wife’s Subaru Ascent with uneven wear at about 12k. The dealer replaced them under warranty.

As someone else mentioned, the OEM tire warranty is covered through the car manufacturer's tire warranty. Pretty much the same with all car manufacturers. You should have got a pamphlet on the tire warranty, and if not it can be found on Ford's website for your car.

I can see why a tire manufacturer would cut the warranty duration on tires that can't be rotated - ie, the staggered setup.
Right, regular car warranty which I drove through last month. :)
And yes, exactly why they cut the warranty, due to inability to rotate and you're losing the ability to distribute the load with them.

Didn't you have an alignment issue? And it could also be that the Bullitt comes with a more aggressive track type of alignment, which will wear out the inside edges faster.
Yes, I did have a slight alignment issue and Bullitt is tuned bit different I think. I did have it checked, so maybe I truly do need to find a new alignment shop.

I'm sorry but can't beat Michelin
That's kind of what I'm gathering.

I guess my overall post was more of a frustration, looking back Michelin didn't really "screw" me, I guess I was oblivious to the fact of needing new set just about yearly with bit more aggressive driving.
Upside is daily-driving the Bullitt, cause hellz yes. :)

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installed Powerstop Z23 all around. Also did a full detail of the wheels since I had them off. I hate cleaning PP wheels, but they do look great cleaned up.
3562D010-7163-4791-92EE-0776FBE608F7.jpeg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Installed Powerstop Z23 all around. Also did a full detail of the wheels since I had them off. I hate cleaning PP wheels, but they do look great cleaned up.
3562D010-7163-4791-92EE-0776FBE608F7.jpeg
God.....I hated those wheels.

Deeply.

Sponsored

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
To add clarity to this, the Mustang owner manual states that Ford does not warranty the tires that came with the car. But the tire maker does, and there is a separate insert with the OM that explains their warranty.

If you have a claim within the mileage limit, Ford will perform the service at no charge.

At least this is how I understand it.
Ford does cover the tires on a new vehicle, but they only cover tire material and workmanship defects during the factory warranty period, and it's pro-rated based on mileage. Ford don't cover any wear or road damage, etc. Yes, the tire manufacturer may have additional coverage based on the tire manufacturer brochure that came with the new vehicle. In the case of high performance tires, the coverage will probably be pretty sparse, no better than what Ford will cover.

From the Ford warranty:

1652298052138.png

1652298065251.png

1652298081638.png

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
She’s all for the bigger bodies. Likely gonna get an 850i xdrive vert.
Had a 650xi GC before my Mustang, that thing would scoot.

Are you complaining about the MPS4s "only" lasting 20K miles?

They're Max Performance Summer Only tires, that's what they do.
To be fair, they have a 30k mile warranty when running square.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Which nittos are you referring to? For the street use, indys are simply amazing as long as they get some heat first. Even on a track, they are still fun to drive and wear looks great so far. For the price, it's a no brainer.
The NT555 G2s. 285/305. I picked them up on here lightly used for $100 so I'm not mad. The fronts seem to do well enough for the street, depending on how long the rears last compared to the fronts, I may try the RIIs in the back.

I really liked the Indy's last year when I had stock suspension. Fully redid the suspension and had the stock black accents put back same week for winter. The Indys are squishy, but have the grip.

Still need to get that bent rim fixed and swap to the GT350 reps with Indys on for a side by side comparison. Both are SVE wheels with the same spec. Indy tires are 325 vs these at 305.

Not anything like @shogun32 levels of tires, but I have few now too:
IMG_1783.jpeg

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Had a 650xi GC before my Mustang, that thing would scoot.

90k miles on the current car with the extended warranty. It's way past time to go.
~$90k budget for the new one. Must be a vert. Obvious slightly used ones are the main goal.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
You chuck some all-season tires on your car and your handling, braking and acceleration will take a hit.
I dont think you are giving a good a/s enough credit. I drag raced my A/S 3+ back in March, and while they weren't as good as my street r off the line, the held their own at speed.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The NT555 G2s. 285/305. I picked them up on here lightly used for $100 so I'm not mad. The fronts seem to do well enough for the street, depending on how long the rears last compared to the fronts, I may try the RIIs in the back.

I really liked the Indy's last year when I had stock suspension. Fully redid the suspension and had the stock black accents put back same week for winter. The Indys are squishy, but have the grip.

Still need to get that bent rim fixed and swap to the GT350 reps with Indys on for a side by side comparison. Both are SVE wheels with the same spec. Indy tires are 325 vs these at 305.

IMG_1783.jpeg
I honestly love the Indy 500's for the price, they just feel really nice for street use. I even am doing some autocross with them and they're just very progressive and easy to drive on. Really no downsides other than not having the grip of say PS4S or a 200TW tire. The sidewall is also on the soft side but that's what makes it so nice as a street tire IMO.
Ok I finally did it! LOL. So there looks like there is a tab that locks it in… I’m assuming this is the “click” everyone hears when removing. I also assuming it is single use by design, so no re-installing. Pics for those that care:crazy::

B88BE14D-45E1-41F5-A2C9-20BDCB18737A.jpeg

ED905171-602A-47CF-B7B1-46F2C35D9C00.jpeg

CBC1AD53-1FD9-4AB5-B55D-6DF3BFEB5AA1.jpeg
Yep, that's what broke on mine and almost disappeared into the engine.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think if you put the Nitto rii on the rear, you will find they make a decent street set-up. I would not run the Nitto G2 on the rear.

IMG_1783.jpeg

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I looked into Micheline's warranty. It states a 30K "limited warranty", and offers no description of what "limited" means.

I'll go out on a limb and say that means no warranty. They barely last 20K miles, much less 30K.
Sponsored